💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga gonna be the new "Cindy Lauper"

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

ZwRaven
7 minutes ago, Jadeykins said:

gaga isn't a new anything....she's just gaga...but if she could be compared to anyone it would be  David Bowie. she's a shape shifter like he was  

Bowie took FAR more chances musically than her w all due respect. She still has a chance to do that, but she's not Bowie yet by a long shot. When she does something the the Berlin trilogy then we can talk.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biden Harris 2024

Gaga is more like Celine in terms of career success.

Lilmonzter
1 hour ago, August3 said:

That is not Cyndi Lauper though. So no Lady Gaga won't be the new Cyndi Lauper, more like the new Cher. 

I don't want her to be the new anything  I want her to be Lady Gaga with no reference to any artist even the greatest of them! She's proven time and time again not to put her in a box, she'll carve her own niche!

She is an OG treat her like one people!:classy:

Sing C'est la vie 

The13thNote

I honestly am surprised at how much people doubt Gaga. They do this everyyyy era since ARTPOP. 

People said Cheek to Cheek would maybe sell 50k copies and debut around #5-#10 and that the tour would be mediocre performing. It ended up going #1, debuted with over 200k copies, ended up going platinum and outselling ARTPOP, and the tour did so well they ended up doubling the amount of dates. 

Then they said Joanne would be boring, flop, and that because Perfect Illusion flopped, the era was fried and the album would have low sales.

Joanne ended up debuting #1 with 200k copies, sold more than ARTPOP, had a hit bigger than Alejandro with longevity, got her the SuperBowl, and gained her back alot of GP respect and expanded her fanbase. 

Then y'all said ASIB would be lucky to debut at #1, that Shallow would be a mild streaming hit and probably peak around #15, that the movie may or may not even get nominated for awards, and that the film might gross around $100M. In, reality, ASIB debuted at #1, Shallow debuted a Top 5 hit, later peaked at #1 and is now arguably as big as Poker Face and Bad Romance...is heading towards 1 Billion streams, is themost awardedsong of all time, won Gaga another Golden Globe and an Oscar and 3 more Grammys, potentially more Grammys in 2020 for the soundtrack and even AOTY, and the film grossed $700M, more than some Marvel movies. She also quadrupled her streaming following in that time period on Spotify putting from #186th most streamrd artist in the world to 19th. 

Y'all. Gaga is not going anywhere and we have no ****ing idea what can happen. Especially after ASIB, the media sees her as truly "back on top" in a way they have not seen her since 2011. LG6 is probably gonna have multiple Top Tens from the hype alone and its likely she will have at least one, maybe 2 big hits coming in. 

She is going to have the type of career of ups and downs. Weare good. She is way bigger than Cyndi Lauper was. She has a Bowie type of career. He had like 7 ups and downs over 45 years. 

Jadeykins
1 minute ago, ZwRaven said:

Bowie took FAR more chances musically than her w all due respect. She still has a chance to do that, but she's not Bowie yet by a long shot. When she does something the the Berlin trilogy then we can talk.

she has said she feels very unaccomplished and in her infancy in terms of her career which i hope is true tbh. we know she's a risk taker and she'll always put out music that isn't exactly mainstream so i do think she has it in her to really be as big as Bowie and others like Elton John. I feel like she's had her ziggy stardust phase and now we just have to wait and see what she can do! <3 

Ziggy
22 minutes ago, The13thNote said:

I honestly am surprised at how much people doubt Gaga. They do this everyyyy era since ARTPOP. 

People said Cheek to Cheek would maybe sell 50k copies and debut around #5-#10 and that the tour would be mediocre performing. It ended up going #1, debuted with over 200k copies, ended up going platinum and outselling ARTPOP, and the tour did so well they ended up doubling the amount of dates. 

Then they said Joanne would be boring, flop, and that because Perfect Illusion flopped, the era was fried and the album would have low sales.

Joanne ended up debuting #1 with 200k copies, sold more than ARTPOP, had a hit bigger than Alejandro with longevity, got her the SuperBowl, and gained her back alot of GP respect and expanded her fanbase. 

Then y'all said ASIB would be lucky to debut at #1, that Shallow would be a mild streaming hit and probably peak around #15, that the movie may or may not even get nominated for awards, and that the film might gross around $100M. In, reality, ASIB debuted at #1, Shallow debuted a Top 5 hit, later peaked at #1 and is now arguably as big as Poker Face and Bad Romance...is heading towards 1 Billion streams, is themost awardedsong of all time, won Gaga another Golden Globe and an Oscar and 3 more Grammys, potentially more Grammys in 2020 for the soundtrack and even AOTY, and the film grossed $700M, more than some Marvel movies. She also quadrupled her streaming following in that time period on Spotify putting from #186th most streamrd artist in the world to 19th. 

Y'all. Gaga is not going anywhere and we have no ****ing idea what can happen. Especially after ASIB, the media sees her as truly "back on top" in a way they have not seen her since 2011. LG6 is probably gonna have multiple Top Tens from the hype alone and its likely she will have at least one, maybe 2 big hits coming in. 

She is going to have the type of career of ups and downs. Weare good. She is way bigger than Cyndi Lauper was. She has a Bowie type of career. He had like 7 ups and downs over 45 years. 

Coming in with that CVS receipt, woo you’re a saint :diane:

AJRocketMan
4 hours ago, The13thNote said:

Then y'all said ASIB would be lucky to debut at #1, that Shallow would be a mild streaming hit and probably peak around #15, that the movie may or may not even get nominated for awards, and that the film might gross around $100M. In reality, ASIB debuted at #1, Shallow debuted a Top 5 hit, later peaked at #1 and is now arguably as big as Poker Face and Bad Romance...is heading towards 1 Billion streams, is the most awarded song of all time, won Gaga another Golden Globe and an Oscar and 3 more Grammys, potentially more Grammys in 2020 for the soundtrack and even AOTY, and the film grossed $700M, more than some Marvel movies. She also quadrupled her streaming following in that time period on Spotify putting from #186th most streamrd artist in the world to 19th. 

She is going to have the type of career of ups and downs. We are good. She is way bigger than Cyndi Lauper was. She has a Bowie type of career. He had like 7 ups and downs over 45 years. 

You’re wrong. ARTPOP sold more than Cheek to Cheek and Joanne. Cheek to Cheek also never went platinum and Million Reasons didn’t have longetivity on the charts, otherwise it would’ve charted on the Billboard Hot 100 Year-End charts. You are right on everything else. However, a Top Ten single is a “big hit”. It doesn’t need to be #1 or #2 to be considered big.

And you really need to proof-read your comments dude, I noticed a lot of errors that shouldn’t be made, like typing two words together without spacing them out.

SKANK
42 minutes ago, August3 said:

She might not be completely forgotten, but almost. I don't know how many people remember or talk about Cyndi anymore. She's been a flop since the 80s.

article-2338717-1A3C7D5E000005DC-499_634

Cyndi+Lauper+Press+Room+Grammy+Awards+QO

She recently became the first woman to win a solo Tony for Best Original Score, for her highly successful Broadway show Kinky Boots. She also just won a Grammy, and was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Award. Post 80's success she won an Emmy for acting, making her an Oscar away from being an EGOT. Hardly a "flop."

There are a lot of parallels between Cyndi and Gaga's work. If Gaga is still winning Grammys nearly forty years into her career, I think we'd all be pretty pleased.

Guillaume Hamon

Well they have some common points:
-Having a stronger voice and better songwriting skills than the popstars of their era.
-Being gay icons.
-Getting super faithful fanbases which will always follow them whatever the flops.
-Being weirdos.

Now that's pretty much all...
-Cindy tried to do acting but never had a role making her a potential bankable actress like gaga's ASIB.
-Gaga "flops eras" ( which actually had top 5 hits, platinum certifications and #1 debuts lol ) where all quite bigger than Lauper's eras at the same time in her career.
-Gaga will be remembered as a fashion icon will Lauper is associated with one look.
-Lauper is a 80's pop icon while gaga will be a  pop icon and not only associated with one decade like a celine dion cher, barbra etc.

Queen Bitch
43 minutes ago, SKANK said:

article-2338717-1A3C7D5E000005DC-499_634

Cyndi+Lauper+Press+Room+Grammy+Awards+QO

She recently became the first woman to win a solo Tony for Best Original Score, for her highly successful Broadway show Kinky Boots. She also just won a Grammy, and was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Award. Post 80's success she won an Emmy for acting, making her an Oscar away from being an EGOT. Hardly a "flop."

There are a lot of parallels between Cyndi and Gaga's work. If Gaga is still winning Grammys nearly forty years into her career, I think we'd all be pretty pleased.

I'm talking about commercial success. Nobody cares about awards, they're meaningless. 

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, The13thNote said:

Very well said, I agree with everything except 

-C2C didn't outsold ARTPOP. C2C is her lowest selling album, her only one that still didn't reach platinum in US. Also, it has smaller worldwide numbers than ARTPOP.  But of course, ever since with Joanne and ASIB her numbers got bigger and bigger and it's justifiable because it's a jazz album.

- Shallow debuted at #28, then repeaked at #5 in its second week and repeaked once again after the Oscars at #1.

Swallow
1 hour ago, SKANK said:

This is cute and all but Cyndi remained in the 80s. She didn't even manage to rule the whole decade, had quite a few flops.

Era #1

#2 Girls Just Wanna Have Fun  //// #1 Just Dance
#1 Time After Time /// #1 Poker Face
#3 She Bop /// #5 LoveGame
#5 All Through The Nights /// #6 Paparazzi
#27 Money Changes Everything

Era #2

#1 True Colors /// #2 Bad Romance
#3 Change of Heart /// #3 Telephone
#12 What's Going On /// #5 Alejandro
#71 Boy Blue
#54 Hole in My Heart