Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga gonna be the new "Cindy Lauper"

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

Shallow and MR are already more impactful in the GP's eyes. 

So no. I do hope Gaga does writes the songs like for a hit Broadway musical like Cindy did with Kinky Boots tho. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reginald
1 hour ago, BgRaEgTaT said:

She already is in a way, when’s the last time a solo single of hers had any longevity and major impact on the gp? Probably applause which still most people outside of the fan base consider underwhelming... Shallow wouldn’t have nearly the impact that it did without Bradley Cooper/ASIB movie...

The truth popped off.

I still *regularly* hear Applause in public. More often than any of her other singles, besides Shallow.

It was actually the outro song of a brand new episode of a very niche podcast I listened to this week.

15 minutes ago, August3 said:

She might not be completely forgotten, but almost. I don't know how many people remember or talk about Cyndi anymore. She's been a flop since the 80s.

What? From where I'm from EVERYONE knows her, I guess it might be a regional thing but even if people don't know a lot of her music she's still very well known

ZwRaven
1 hour ago, TheBatman said:

More like Cher I think. I think Gaga will be forever loved by queers, and a constant celebrity presence that everyone generally loves. She'll continue to be in movies and put out albums for her fans while maybe not lighting the charts on fire. My hope is once SHE accepts this, she will experiment more in her music and take on full writing and production!

I think this would be a great thing as well. For instance Bowie had a time in the 80's and early 90's where all he wanted to be was mainstream. He eventually gave this up and had a really creative back half of his career. Granted Let's Dance was a great album, but  it went bad after that for a while, he even admitted this openly.

GRIMEZSZ

It's 2019, ten years into her career and without making "pop" music since 2013 she already have

3 #1 albums

1 #1 on the hot 100 and a big smash hit ww

A cute #4 hit

4 grammys 

1 Oscar 

2 golden

And a few more awards AND A BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE

STOP, GAGA IS A SUCCESSFUL ARTIST WITHOUT THE MAINSTREAM MUSIC.

Pd: and her f*cking residency sells like crazy, like cmon she its not a forbidden artist with a few hits. 

Tyler1992

Gaga has a number 1 single from this year and came off Grammy & Oscar wins and a Viral MET gala and a huge Vegas residency a decade into her career.

Cindy Lauper is from an era where you can take years off and still come back to relevancy. It’s much harder in this day in age to stay relevant and Gaga is as relevant as ever. 

so no

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Carlo Rodriguez said:

Like she is gonna be a legend and forever loved and never forgotten but Musically will never have anything more impactful (Im talking about when cindys first several albums and comparing it to lady gagas first two albums)

Thoughts Fatties? :lolly:

Wrong. She is obviously will be Cher.

Cher had rough times during her career too. She was ways changes her musical direction just like Gaga is now. There were even times when she was shunned by the gays until she regains trust from the gays again. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

JazzGa

Is Gaga the new Jesus?

Is Gaga the new black?

Is Gaga the new Obama?

Is Gaga the new Judy Garland?

Is Gaga the new Gaga?

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

ZwRaven
1 hour ago, Renato Pinheiro said:

I remember when they said that Gaga would be the new Cyndi and Katy would be the new Madonna because Gaga would disappear from the media and Katy would have Madonna's longevity. Now they say Gaga is the new cindy because she will no longer have sales from her early career.

Anyway, I love Cyndi and hope that in future Gaga will be as timeless as Girls just wanna have fun and Time After Time and True Colors

No offense to you, this is just in general. Why is Katy even mentioned in the same sentence as Gaga. She can't even sing! Plus her catalogue is very unimaginative. Idk why ya'll like her so much? Educate me cause I just don't get it.

Swallow

Gaga obviously surpassed Cyndi even before the ASIB era.

Million Reasons was quite big in the US, almost 3x Platinum, that's 8 years into her career, by that time Cyndi was long forgotten.

Es solo una paja entre colegas

Jadeykins

gaga isn't a new anything....she's just gaga...but if she could be compared to anyone it would be  David Bowie. she's a shape shifter like he was  

The13thNote
1 hour ago, S0436 said:

Cyndi had two US top10 studio albums.  Gaga has had 5.

golden girls judging you GIF by HULU

Actually 8 Top 10 albums. 

The Fame #2

The Fame Monster #2

The Remix #6

Born This Way #1 

ARTPOP #1

Cheek to Cheek #1

Joanne #1 

A Star is Born #1 

And considering LG6 will probably debut at #1, worst case #2 if another artist gives her competition, she's probably gonna score her 9th Top Ten album this year. 

Lextyr97

Shallow wouldn’t have nearly the impact that it did without Bradley Cooper/ASIB movie...

Wow... I have no words :vegas:

Swallow

.. Shallow wouldn’t have nearly the impact that it did without Bradley Cooper/ASIB movie...

ARUTW is bigger than any Cyndi single since her 2nd era :huntyga:

Es solo una paja entre colegas

BgRaEgTaT
Just now, Swallow said:

ARUTW is bigger than any Cyndi single since her 2nd era :huntyga:

Maybe because it’s a part of a hugely successful commercial movie soundtrack. Gaga is actually the new Celine Dion confirmed :derpga:

Archived