Beyoncé Sells 949 Copies of TLK Album

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexDelarge
1 hour ago, Tyler Henry said:

I can’t at y’all calling Beyoncé a flop when she can literally outsell our fave touring with just 49 shows; that’s power :trollga:

a star is born = 6m

lemonade 3m + everything is love 600k + homecoming 300k = 3,9m

i guess we can call her a flop :trollga:

KatherinePierce
12 hours ago, LePetitFlo said:

Her ARTPOP era

ARTPOP was better than this

Taide

And the fact that Tidal is under investigation so she can't rely on their frauded numbers :lmao: payback, that's funny to me. See when you portray yourself as a God figure...

Didymus

I thought The Sun was banned from this site 'cause they only post lies :toofunny:

RAMROD
8 minutes ago, TheBatman said:

Madonna outselling Beyawnce in 2019?! I have to laugh 

Gurl...,

giphy.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

BUtterfield 8

beyonce-white-650.jpg

The singer curated and produced an album to go alongside the new Disney film but it has flopped — being downloaded just 949 times in the UK in the first five days.

But in a massive blow to Disney, she is now being outsold four to one on downloads by Brit newcomer Freya Ridings.

Freya’s self-titled debut, which came out on Friday with The Gift, had been downloaded 4,083 times by the end of play on Tuesday — putting her at No2 in the charts.

There has been a lot of buzz around the film and Beyonce’s involvement but her spin-off album has been massively disappointing.

“The Greatest Showman’s soundtrack was the biggest-selling album of 2018, and Disney had hoped that getting someone as huge as Beyonce to do an album like this could match its success.

"But her records clearly don’t have the pulling power they once did. For someone like Beyonce, who is seen as an unstoppable force in music, it’s remarkable that she is being beaten in the charts by an emerging talent like Freya.”

Because The Lion King: The Gift features various artists, it won’t be eligible for the main album chart when it is announced tomorrow, but if it were, it would not be making the top ten.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9577633/beyonce-lion-king-album-flops/

TimisaMonster

Wow...oh wow...that's actually TERRIBLE 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Anderson123

How reliable is this? I mean it’s just so strange that not even 1k were sold and I’m sure Beyoncé has a strong fanbase who buys everything she releases. 

I do agree that people are here for Lion King THE movie so it’s obvious that the official soundtrack is going to sell more but it’s so strange that not even 1k fans in the UK purchased the side project, do they just not care anymore or what. 

The Sun is known for always being such an unreliable source so who knows. 

JazzGa

I think what the album is missing is an iconic singalong track to get millions of kids to demand their parents buy it, just like "Let It Go". I guess Spirit wasn't it for whatever reason. Not childish enough of a concept? Not a strong enough hook? Not present in the movie being sung by a wide-eyed cartoon character?

I feel like a jerk because I am relieved that Beyonce won't be getting an Oscar the year after Gagz to give the Hive more fodder for being insufferable :laughga: Maybe she'll get it anyways tho. I dunno what songs would compete with her

Edit: I'm relieved they compared the album to The Greatest Showman and not ASIB :selena:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

StarstruckIllusion
8 hours ago, GagaVenusStan said:

YEAH WHY NOT KATY?!

Katy was 2013-2016 where have you been? Not new at all. 

Ally Campana

Can’t say I didn’t see this coming. As much as she keeps pulling your numbers, her relevance is slipping outside the US.

Does it matter? Damage is done

Archived