Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Beyoncé Sells 949 Copies of TLK Album

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

S0436

Lucky for her that in the UK her two albums from TLK are not eligible for the main album chart as they are considered compilation albums.  

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Curunir
Just now, Mirages said:

How is that even possible? :ladyhaha:

Idk when you MultiQuote it keeps the same quotes for every thread, like in all open tabs :cryga:

HoneyB
2 minutes ago, PinkPop said:

The jokes write themselves :giggle:

Little monsters laughing about Bey flopping when they literally traded sexual favors so ARTPOP didn’t flop-:messga:

Whatever don’t nobody got time for this mess lemme stream the legendaryBROWN SKIN GIRL:whitney:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

LilyLark
29 minutes ago, Talenti said:

I-

nicki minaj GIF

The album is honestly really good I wish the music was appreciated more:bradley:

( I’m not saying sh*t because karma will come back to bite:giggle: I’ll wait for her actual album to see if she’ll flop or not, same with Gaga so I’m not gonna say anything:nails:)

Agree. I loved The Gift way more than the Carters and even, and I'll get yelled at this, some of the tracks on Lemonade (with the exception of Spirit).

I think part of the problem was the promotion tbh—I love Bey and I don't mind that she avoids most interviews, but the roll out was terrible. There's a difference between no/barely any interviews, and not even having the information about the albums out there to the public in a clear way. There were rumors that The Gift was coming out, but then she dropped Spirit and people started thinking that was the only Bey track and it was on TLK soundtrack...mess. The interview with Robin Roberts helped, but it would have been way better to just have some sort of press release (or even a write up on IG) that clearly stated that two albums would be released and some information about The Gift a few weeks before they were released.  She also, imo, should have talked to a few reporters on the red carpet at the premiere.

LilyLark

She'll be fine if she puts out an original album (no collabs with Jay, etc.). However, she does need to handle her promo better—yes, in some ways she has good PR because of how much the press loves her, but winning over the press doesn't equal making sure her product has commercial appeal (and that's on her publicist and her manager). Scooter Braun is a terrible human being, but he does a great job at "selling" Ariana's music.

HoneyB
10 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Agree. I loved The Gift way more than the Carters and even, and I'll get yelled at this, some of the tracks on Lemonade (with the exception of Spirit).

I think part of the problem was the promotion tbh—I love Bey and I don't mind that she avoids most interviews, but the roll out was terrible. There's a difference between no/barely any interviews, and not even having the information about the albums out there to the public in a clear way. There were rumors that The Gift was coming out, but then she dropped Spirit and people started thinking that was the only Bey track and it was on TLK soundtrack...mess. The interview with Robin Roberts helped, but it would have been way better to just have some sort of press release (or even a write up on IG) that clearly stated that two albums would be released and some information about The Gift a few weeks before they were released.  She also, imo, should have talked to a few reporters on the red carpet at the premiere.

Completely agree with this, the promotion for this was almost non existent, the Spirit video literally was released AFTER the movie was released how does that make any sense? She rarely showed up you can tell she was completely disconnected from working with the other cast members they didn’t even MEET before the premiere it just makes no sense the promotion was a mess... regardless I just hope the music gets more recognition at this point I don’t even care for the numbers she really improved as an artist with this music it’s the very least it deserves...

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Inferno
2 hours ago, Wifey said:

I like Beyonce, but she’s been flopping commercially for years. She has been put on a pedestal that no one can really live up to...I think is unfair to her that she’s so overrated...

I think its because she has an undeniable showmanship and performance quality but over the years has purposefully made herself so exclusive as to alienate markets outside of her cult following (which is so hardcore/widespread in the US that no one here even realizes that not everyone cares about every little thing as much as they think they do lol). Which of course can be said for most fanbases but none have infiltrated mainstream media here so dominantly as the beyhive.

I am a casual Beyonce fan for public record, just sayin. We are a rare breed but we do exist.

Reginald

If it wasn't for GGD and Stan Culture, I legitimately wouldn't have known that The Gift was even coming out :toofunny:

Even legends need to do promo.

Clearly The Hive either isn't big enough, or like many music consumers in 2019, they're primarily streaming instead of buying albums. 

ZiggyZiggs
2 hours ago, Widows Kiss said:

The Hive told me she's a sales juggernaut because Lemonade was the best selling album of 2016 (which it wasn't btw). :giggle:

????

According to the IFPI it is the best selling album of 2026 shipping 2.5 million copies???

LilyLark
3 hours ago, Talenti said:

Completely agree with this, the promotion for this was almost non existent, the Spirit video literally was released AFTER the movie was released how does that make any sense? She rarely showed up you can tell she was completely disconnected from working with the other cast members they didn’t even MEET before the premiere it just makes no sense the promotion was a mess... regardless I just hope the music gets more recognition at this point I don’t even care for the numbers she really improved as an artist with this music it’s the very least it deserves...

As terrible as Scooter is, he does a good job for Ariana in spreading the details out there about her albums and various projects. Same with Rihanna's general team....A good team doesn't just garner positive general press—they maximize the commercial potential of their client's product & try and shore up the critical reception.

I think Gaga's teams is underrated by GGD and not bad at all, but Gaga's team, Bey's team, even Taylor's team could take some hints from how Scooter and Rihanna's teams handle everything. For example, putting out music videos the same exact day a track drops or is pushed to the radio is a big one as is shutting down "unauthorized" videos on youtube which take away from streaming numbers.

Archived