💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

The Exorcist TV Series

HotLikeMexico

Featured Posts

HotLikeMexico

So I just binged The Exorcist TV series and OMG it was such a great show! I initially dismissed it because I thought it was going to be a crappy reboot/remake that would tarnish the original film. I was completely wrong. The show was fantastic, the actors were great in their roles, it was incredibly well written, and it had so many great plot twists that literally had my jaw on the floor.

I am sad that this show got cancelled after the second season even though it was well received and reviewed highly by critics and those who watched it. It totally deserved a third season. I think it should be picked up by Netflix if that's even possible. I didn't even know the show existed, which goes to show FOX didn't really do their part in promo.

For those who love horror, or love the original film, I HIGHLY recommend you watch the TV Series!

P.S. did anybody here watch it?

exorcist.jpgexorcist_ver2.jpg

elijahfan

I watched the very first episode and just kinda forgot about it :shrug: Maybe I should give it another try sometime. I should mention that I'm a massive fan of the original movie.

HotLikeMexico
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

I watched the very first episode and just kinda forgot about it :shrug: Maybe I should give it another try sometime. I should mention that I'm a massive fan of the original movie.

I love the original film as well. Highly recommend you finish the show when you get a chance. Whatever you do don't look at any spoilers. 

Levine

OMG I thought it was announced a third season :( yes anyway, I watched it and it was amazing

HotLikeMexico
1 minute ago, Levine said:

OMG I thought it was announced a third season :( yes anyway, I watched it and it was amazing

OMG I’m so sorry I got your hopes up :messga:. I want a third season.

voidfigure

Saw a couplre episodes back then and the only thing I actually liked was the original music at the end of first episode.

Some movies should remain untouched. 

Cavadour
2 hours ago, voidfigure said:

Some movies should remain untouched. 

True. But in this case it's more like a spin off or an extended story on the same theme. Fact is the series focus is more on the priests struggle than the possessed, like on Regan in the movie. As a long time fan of the original movie (I saw it in an - absolutely terrorized - theater when it was released in 73 !) i enjoyed the series a lot. The leads are great. Geena Davis does an killer work in season two. Like a evil echo of Ellen Burstyn...

Same quality is found in Bates Motel, the series. Hitchcock's Psycho movie is kind of magnified all along this prequel.

Remakes are usually not of the same ilk. It's indeed very hard to surpass or even have another acceptable take on some masterworks...

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

Kulture Kiari

I just remember seeing a teaser trailer for it on FX but never learned much info. Now looking at the trailer, I'm surprised it wasn't a hit considering it has a big American Actress and a big Mexican actor attached to it. 

voidfigure
1 hour ago, Cavadour said:

True. But in this case it's more like a spin off or an extended story on the same theme. Fact is the series focus is more on the priests struggle than the possessed, like on Regan in the movie. As a long time fan of the original movie (I saw it in an - absolutely terrorized - theater when it was released in 73 !) i enjoyed the series a lot. The leads are great. Geena Davis does an killer work in season two. Like a evil echo of Ellen Burstyn...

Same quality is found in Bates Motel, the series. Hitchcock's Psycho movie is kind of magnified all along this prequel.

Remakes are usually not of the same ilk. It's indeed very hard to surpass or even have another acceptable take on some masterworks...

Yeah but I The Exorcist movie is too much of a classic to me. Even the sequels were unnecessary 

Cavadour
1 hour ago, Kulture Kiari said:

I'm surprised it wasn't a hit considering it has a big American Actress and a big Mexican actor attached to it. 

Probably because the story stikes a lot of religious nerves among the GP. The original movie is now cult, but when it came out, besides the unavoidable attraction among the genre afficionados, there has been a long list of complaints against it. Especially from the Vatican. Some Friedkin or Blair interviews are very interesting in this regard.

Cavadour
15 minutes ago, voidfigure said:

Even the sequels were unnecessary 

I can agree more about the sequels. At first, I was reluctant about the series, but finally I found it good, in the way I felt sometimes the same unease or disturbance watching it that I felt with the original. (Either you're a lover of that type of psychological horror or not, right ? :shocked: ).

In fact, it all boils down to the original Blatty's story both the series and the movie are based on.

HotLikeMexico
1 hour ago, voidfigure said:

Yeah but I The Exorcist movie is too much of a classic to me. Even the sequels were unnecessary 

I agree with the sequels they are all awful. The only sequel that I liked was Part III (Legion) as it’s the sequel to the novel that the original film is based off. The author of the original novel even directed Part III. But even then, it doesn’t even come close to the first film. 

I was reluctant about the TV show because I agree, the original is iconic and well done. But this TV show really did the original justice. A fresh take without tarnishing it. 

voidfigure
8 hours ago, HotLikeMexico said:

I agree with the sequels they are all awful. The only sequel that I liked was Part III (Legion) as it’s the sequel to the novel that the original film is based off. The author of the original novel even directed Part III. But even then, it doesn’t even come close to the first film. 

I was reluctant about the TV show because I agree, the original is iconic and well done. But this TV show really did the original justice. A fresh take without tarnishing it. 

Yes!  Part III is wonderfully directed and has really good ideas in it, but mostly because it goes in a different direction from the main story. Part II is really weak (although the grasshopper invasion and the ripped heart scene are well done because $$$$$) and "The Beginning" is cringey af

Maybe I'll try again with the series, who knows

Archived