💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

No Plus Size Models In Haus Labs Ads?

ShayCristoforo

Featured Posts

ShayCristoforo

First off, I enjoy this HL add-on to Gaga's career so leave me alone lol  :awesome:    

The ads have some diversity, but I can't help but notice a generic body type for the models. Which of course is just an aspect of the industry...
but still, considering the messages of self-expression and "our haus, your rules" I think they could have broken the rules a bit more (might have incorporated different bodies, people with disabilities, etc.). 
Maybe a missed opportunity? Thoughts?

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHALLOW

The focus is clearly on gender and self expression and it's hard enough to find non binary models. They wanted to show the makeup on androgynous faces. The body has nothing to do with makeup cause you don't wear makeup on the body. I'm 100% sure that if Gaga will ever make a clothing line, she'l include different body types. 

It's ridicolous that i even have to explain it to you. :triggered::saladga:

Serial Chiller

Since we're nitpicking, where are the disabled/ elderly models? 

It's a makeup line, not even a clothing line. Just stop. 

imnotyourbabe10

100% agree!  It's such a shame that the people who have a platform and also send us messages of love and self-acceptance fall into the trap of typically including only the normative body types.  Even with back-up dancers, heavier set folks can dance so why not include them in videos or tours? 

Thanks for the post.  One can enjoy something but also critique it at the same time (something some folks on here don't understand).

SHALLOW
2 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

100% agree!  It's such a shame that the people who have a platform and also send us messages of love and self-acceptance fall into the trap of typically including only the normative body types.  Even with back-up dancers, heavier set folks can dance so why not include them in videos or tours? 

Thanks for the post.  One can enjoy something but also critique it at the same time (something some folks on here don't understand).

Now go find a plus size non binary model. Good luck.

Reality

I mean, even as a "plus sized" person, I didn't see anything particularly wrong with it. I didn't even think about that aspect of it until people started mentioning it. There's always more opportunities to promote the brand, and maybe in the future she'll have other different kinds of models.

🖤👹

imnotyourbabe10
4 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Now go find a plus size non binary model. Good luck.

Hey, I get it.  And sometimes it feels like fellow progressives are just ticking off boxes of their minorities for the sake of sounding progressive.  "I'm an non-fat, gluten-free vegan who is a POC and have a disability and was the first to invent the post-it."  It can get rather parodic.

Perhaps, too, us queer folks never pursued modeling or makeup industry or whatever else because of the rejection.  Cool to see times are changing but I worry the industry sometimes reinforces the norms.  That's all. 

Illuminati
6 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

Lady Gaga was fat shamed,  had a wheel chair and has been called old in the past so she checks all of the boxes!

Azor Ahai

Could use some more diversity for sure. We should RESPECTFULLY ask Gaga for more on twitter and instagram.

I'm sure she'd be thrilled to add more diversity .

SEANGT
7 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

it's advertising. casting sends a message. the whole point of this campaign is the messaging. It matters. There's only been one small set of models, I would hope any new ones widen the diversity of the brand to include other body types, ages, and ability levels, yes. 

Also, more and more advertising is including models with varying body types. Haus Labs is almost behind the times on this. They absolutely should include all ages and kinds of disabilities too, but the body type thing is almost a step backward as opposed to a simple omission. 

Regina George

I have been struggling with weight for my whole life. I had a lot of struggles with that and even tho I am fit now I barely eat anything because I know I would hate myself if I get some weight. With that being said all I have left to share with you all about this thread is:

lady gaga eye roll GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

Why? Because I don’t think everyone needs to be included for it to be meant for everyone. If that makes any sense. I didn’t see any disabled people in that add either, I didn’t see any indian people in there, I didn’t see any latino people in there... But it doesn’t mean that it’s not inclusive? No.  At this point you are just looking for something to hate. 

Lilmonzter

Maybe an oversight! A fashion brand is not something which necessarily sets out to be deep! 

Sing C'est la vie 

Archived