đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

No Plus Size Models In Haus Labs Ads?

ShayCristoforo

Featured Posts

Jadeykins

we need that thicc girl that was dancing her heart out at the end of MAN-i-CURE at the itunes festival! ....anyone remember her? 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
5 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

I'm not really looking for something to hate lol. I don't know why people assume the worst and get nasty. It was an immediate observation after watching the ad. There has been tons of research to show that different types of people feel more empowered when they see themselves represented. So that's where the discussion comes from. Geez

But you made this thread like 2 weeks after the add was released. This is clearly not your “immediate observation”. There were like 4 threads about this same topic before and every time it’s the same discussion. Not everyone has to be be included. I mean it’s make up. Everyone’s face is the same. It has NOTHING to do with weight. Literally nothing. 

ShayCristoforo
18 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Do people ever get tired of complaining about things that are seriously not that deep? I feel like Latinos are very unrepresented but it doesn’t upset me. Think about if you were creating a makeup brand. Would you prioritize showing off the actual makeup or getting every single type of person out there so everyone feels represented? People are being far too sensitive. Some people act like Gaga intentionally avoided getting plus sized models. It’s. Not. That. Deep. 

I agree, there's a serious lack of representation for Latinos, Asians, etc. imo just because you don't feel upset doesn't mean that others shouldn't feel upset. And just to be clear, I am not upset but was more-so doing a dialogue on a potential missed opportunity. Because I can see how others here feel underrepresented and become upset, and I do think those feelings are legitimate. So especially when the face of the product thrives on these themes, there's a discussion to be had. Isn't this the point of a forum? lol

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Chromatic
11 minutes ago, lego said:

So fat people cannot have mental health issues? And what does that have to do with representation, how do you represent person with mental health in a beauty commercial? Why are you bothered if more body sizes are represented? 

You do hate, just look at your last sentence.  

I never said that fat people can't have mental health issues, and no, I'm not bothered by fat people being present in the beauty industry. I just don't care, and that's not meant in a negative way.

TMM90
29 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don't hate fat people, but I don't understand why media is trying so hard to 'include' fat people. We get it, you're fat, move on. People are more concerned about fat people, than people struggling with mental health issues.

They say that fatness is a disease, I call it poor choice of lifestyle.

As a Jojo-er I partially agree.

seashellbabe

It's really disappointing that the OP respectfully and understandably pointed out a small criticism they had, one that Gaga would also likely LOVE to work on and fix considering how much she prides herself on promoting body positivity, and half of the people in this thread immediately attack OP for overreacting. You don't have to agree, but to immediately be immature and chalk up what the OP is saying as "oversensitivity" is just useless. I do think it's a make up campaign and the goal was to include non-binary/queer people, but there are actually quite a few non-binary plus sized models. I'm sure if Gaga got in touch with them they could work something out! :)

Twitter and Insta: @seashellbabe

ShayCristoforo
19 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

But you made this thread like 2 weeks after the add was released. This is clearly not your “immediate observation”. There were like 4 threads about this same topic before and every time it’s the same discussion. Not everyone has to be be included. I mean it’s make up. Everyone’s face is the same. It has NOTHING to do with weight. Literally nothing. 

Ok, let's stop the bad extrapolating lol. Just because I chose to write about  it later doesn't mean it wasn't my immediate observation. So that's a fallacy.
And I also didn't see the other threads. But anyway, as I've said exhaustively, it was a dialogue about opportunities for representation, since the culture that Gaga fosters is one that  promotes opportunity and representation. She has a history of fitting in the underdog (multiple underdogs) even when it wasn't a requirement.  
And I guess when it comes to body type, makeup application itself might not have much to do with weight, but branding and imagery does. It's. A. Valid. Discussion.   

ShayCristoforo
30 minutes ago, mindless said:

Get over yourself 

Thank you for being dismissive. I bet you'd make Gaga so proud. 

SharkmanthaC

As a "plus size" person myself, I'd love to see this.  However, I do appreciate the variety she uses in her models. It didn't keep me from buying it. :huntyga:

she/her/hers

ShayCristoforo
1 hour ago, MrDarkGa said:

Boy oh boy - someone has too much time on their hands.

1 hour ago, Hurem said:

Boo ****ing hoo.

Wow I was actually just asking for a discussion (this is a forum lol). Maybe read the OP again or some of my other replies to understand the intention? Instead of getting nasty

Biggest Fan
2 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

The focus is clearly on gender and self expression and it's hard enough to find non binary models. They wanted to show the makeup on androgynous faces. The body has nothing to do with makeup cause you don't wear makeup on the body. I'm 100% sure that if Gaga will ever make a clothing line, she'l include different body types. 

It's ridicolous that i even have to explain it to you. :triggered::saladga:

Wow really well put together :pawsup:

🤖

Seeka

The thing is, is when you have so much, it starts to look token. It's ungenuine. 

Not to mention, how many overweight people want to stay overweight? How many people are naturally overweight and can't do anything about it?

Most people who are overweight, while they embrace it for what it is, nobody really wants to be overweight when every pound you put on is a pound closer to your death. 

Like me and my bestie are both overweight. It's not that we intended it to be this way. Not to mention, we're always striving to lose weight. 

Like if I don't need representation as a fat person because I don't wanna be fat. Like that's why I identify with Prompto from FFXV so much. He was an obese kid who went from that to being super skinny. 

That's what I want. I don't want fat representation honestly. 

Edonis

I honestly don't understand why everyone is coming for OP's throat. Nothing they said is inherently offensive or untrue :air:

Considering she's had plus-sized dancers and models used in her performances and tours, I was actually surprised that there were no plus-sized models in her ad. Maybe she thought it wouldn't matter because it's makeup and not fashion, but still, it would've been good to see it, especially since the way the beauty community has been all about inclusiveness and diversity. I hope others who aren't familiar with her earlier career and achievements  don't take this as her being severely tone-deaf or ignorant...

Maybe she'll include some plus-sized individuals or different face-shapes  in her future promo?

Archived