💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

No Plus Size Models In Haus Labs Ads?

ShayCristoforo

Featured Posts

Lextyr97

Do people ever get tired of complaining about things that are seriously not that deep? I feel like Latinos are very unrepresented but it doesn’t upset me. Think about if you were creating a makeup brand. Would you prioritize showing off the actual makeup or getting every single type of person out there so everyone feels represented? People are being far too sensitive. Some people act like Gaga intentionally avoided getting plus sized models. It’s. Not. That. Deep. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nodandsmile

Op expressed his opinions in a very polite manner, this is better than that "haus beauty isn't for fat people" bs. Just respond with the same energy so that a civilized conversation can take place. I see good points on both sides, there's just no need to be an ***! 

OT: yeah I see what you are saying, especially 

1 hour ago, ShayCristoforo said:

considering the messages of self-expression and "our haus, your rules" I think they could have broken the rules a bit more 

and it's always good as fans to express our opinions, especially negative ones (respectfully) ... this is probably just the first ad though and it's only an oversight ... we will see with what comes next!

Lextyr97
11 minutes ago, Alvaro Moreno Ullrich said:

I dont see kids. Old people. Disabled. Homeless. Faceless. Straight men. A dog neither.. so Add it to the list please or the brand will die for lack of diversity

I love this comment more than anything I’ve ever seen on this site

ChromeAngel
6 minutes ago, lego said:

Tall superskinny models are not average body type. It’s not 90s anymore. Gaga is behind the trend this time. 

Are they tall? I guess I can’t really tell. But 7/10 people I see in my daily life would be considered skinny. 

geopang

What does body weight even have to do with makeup? Can we stop with the SJW nonsense. You don’t need to have plus size models just for the sake of casting plus size models just to appear “more inclusive”.

Chromatic
8 minutes ago, lego said:

Just say you hate fat people and move on. More average size body, thick, plus size is not always fat anyway. We are too used too unrealistically skinny in all commercials. 

I don't hate fat people, but I don't understand why media is trying so hard to 'include' fat people. We get it, you're fat, move on. People are more concerned about fat people, than people struggling with mental health issues.

They say that fatness is a disease, I call it poor choice of lifestyle.

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I don't hate fat people, but I don't understand why media is trying so hard to 'include' fat people. We get it, you're fat, move on. People are more concerned about fat people, than people struggling with mental health issues.

LMAO clearly hate fat people. Fatphobic. Just admit it. 

Representation doesn't end with people of all colour and gender, but also sizes. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ShayCristoforo
48 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

The focus is clearly on gender and self expression and it's hard enough to find non binary models. They wanted to show the makeup on androgynous faces. The body has nothing to do with makeup cause you don't wear makeup on the body. I'm 100% sure that if Gaga will ever make a clothing line, she'l include different body types. 

It's ridicolous that i even have to explain it to you. :triggered::saladga:

I don't know why you're so irritated by me posing a legitimate question lol relax. The fact is, the models that were employed had a similar body type. So that's where the dialogue happens. 
Within Gaga's culture, there is a consistent overarching theme of inclusivity and diversity. So it's fair to question whether there was a missed opportunity for representation. And I don't agree that it's hard to find non binary models. It's also not hard to find a plus sized person or a people with disabilities to put in makeup. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Babel

To extend the OP, I’d have expected a fat black transgender woman doing alien drag as the main character of a Lady Gaga beauty campaign. As of now, it’s so uninspiring it hurts. 

This is the woman that put prosthetics in her face and wore a surreal mole, and all she had to offer was a few eyeshadows and some lip gloss? 

ShayCristoforo
9 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Op expressed his opinions in a very polite manner, this is better than that "haus beauty isn't for fat people" bs. Just respond with the same energy so that a civilized conversation can take place. I see good points on both sides, there's just no need to be an ***! 

OT: yeah I see what you are saying, especially 

and it's always good as fans to expressed our opinions, especially negative ones (respectfully) ... this is probably just the first add though and it's only an oversight ... we will see with what comes next!

Thank you so much. I don't think many people here understand the intent of a dialogue lol

lego
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So fat people cannot have mental health issues? And what does that have to do with representation, how do you represent person with mental health in a beauty commercial? Why are you bothered if more body sizes are represented? 

You do hate, just look at your last sentence.  

FreePalestine

Rudz Xinc
17 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

The point is though, the models do all have the similar thin oval face, a larger person would have a more fuller round face, seeing the makeup on a fuller face would be a bit of a service to fuller faced customers. Different face shapes do require different application techniques. Hopefully in future campaigns Gaga has fuller faced girls/guys/unspecified models. Or at least in the instruction booklets have tips for application on fuller faces, heart shaped faces, etc. 

Larger person need more make up to cover their round face, she should market the ads for them so they would buy the products. Because they will buy new ones faster compared to the skinny person with smaller face :trollga:

Look at those clowns

ShayCristoforo
51 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I have been struggling with weight for my whole life. I had a lot of struggles with that and even tho I am fit now I barely eat anything because I know I would hate myself if I get some weight. With that being said all I have left to share with you all about this thread is:

lady gaga eye roll GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

Why? Because I don’t think everyone needs to be included for it to be meant for everyone. If that makes any sense. I didn’t see any disabled people in that add either, I didn’t see any indian people in there, I didn’t see any latino people in there... But it doesn’t mean that it’s not inclusive? No.  At this point you are just looking for something to hate. 

I'm not really looking for something to hate lol. I don't know why people assume the worst and get nasty. It was an immediate observation after watching the ad. There has been tons of research to show that different types of people feel more empowered when they see themselves represented. So that's where the discussion comes from. Geez

Archived