💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Haus Labs IS different

MonsterMom

Featured Posts

MonsterMom

Ok, I have been thinking about Haus Labs and whether or not it will be successful and why. What is different  about it and what is Gaga really doing different for it to succeed? 

Well, yesterday I was watching a makeup tutorial and this poor girl, by the time she was finished had about 50 products on her face. Not only is that NOT comfortable, it’s not doable by most. Not only do I not have the time do do all that, I don’t have the skill. By the end of the tutorial guess what she looked like ... a Kardashian and NOTHING like herself. This is where Gaga actually has the power to change the industry and be very successful with Haus Labs

1. Her products are designed to be able to use for creativity without being difficult.

2. The makeup tutorial her and Sarah did on Amazon was completely relatable and something you could do in 5 min.

3. All the shots from the promo and ads have also had makeup looks that anyone could achieve.

4. All the models still look like themselves WHILE wearing the makeup. They are not carbon copies of each other.

These are just a few of the things I think she is getting right. That was my Ted talk for today :kiss:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But she only has an eye product and two lip products, of course it’s gonna be easy lol. I’m sure they’ll be coming out with palettes, bronzers, concealers, blushes, highlighters, etc.

Sorry but the products are run of the mill, you can get them anywhere. The only difference here is the marketing strategy towards non-binary people.

MonsterMom
Just now, Bio said:

But she only has an eye product and two lip products, of course it’s gonna be easy lol. I’m sure they’ll be coming out with palettes, bronzers, concealers, blushes, highlighters, etc.

Sorry but the products are run of the mill, you can get them anywhere. The only difference here is the marketing strategy towards non-binary people.

Not true, have you not seems these eye tutorials. It’s like 7 different shadows all blended to perfection. Honestly the eyes are one of the most difficult things to get right.

MonsterMom
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

I think you just watched a bad make-up tutorial ngl :laughga:

I mean say what you will, i’m A girl and have watched 100’s of them and they all look the same at the end. 

Just now, MonsterMom said:

Not true, have you not seems these eye tutorials. It’s like 7 different shadows all blended to perfection. Honestly the eyes are one of the most difficult things to get right.

You can do a look with one eye-shadow, any eye-shadow. You just watched a beauty guru that chose to use seven of them.

MonsterMom

You guys are so negative :interestinga:. Well, I can see her vision even if you can’t :ally:

Didymus
Just now, MonsterMom said:

I mean say what you will, i’m A girl and have watched 100’s of them and they all look the same at the end. 

Well, how about this one for comparison?

:emma:

You can't use "get this specific eye look" videos to compare to Haus Beauty lol. You have to compare other celebrity make-up lines and how they were promoted to the line. Obviously someone actually selling make-up (and not teaching special professional tricks) isn't gonna tell their customers to use 7 different products on a daily basis :smh: You're just watching the wrong vids.

Didymus
1 minute ago, MonsterMom said:

You guys are so negative :interestinga:. Well, I can see her vision even if you can’t :ally:

It's not about her vision though... You're claiming this is the first make-up line that's easy to use and doesn't turn people into the Kardashians :rip: Like, that ain't true sis, sorry.

MonsterMom
Just now, Didymus said:

It's not about her vision though... You're claiming this is the first make-up line that's easy to use and doesn't turn people into the Kardashians :rip: Like, that ain't true sis, sorry.

Holy sh*t it is an OPINION. I didn’t know I had to do an in-depth study of make up trends over the last decade to point out some benefits I see with Haus Labs

teen wolf GIF

Didymus
1 minute ago, MonsterMom said:

Holy sh*t it is an OPINION. I didn’t know I had to do an in-depth study of make up trends over the last decade to point out some benefits I see with Haus Labs

teen wolf GIF

But... :emma: This isn't in-depth at all. You're listing reasons for Haus Beauty being different that just aren't valid even on surface examination. If you wanna make a thread about how you think the products are easy to use that's great obviously, but when you start claiming it's a defining feature of that specific line, you ventured beyond an opinion into the realm of falsifiable fact claims and that's a different universe :queenga:

MonsterMom
Just now, Didymus said:

But... :emma: This isn't in-depth at all. You're listing reasons for Haus Beauty being different that just aren't valid even on surface examination. If you wanna make a thread about how you think the products are easy to use that's great obviously, but when you start claiming it's a defining feature of that specific line, you ventured beyond an opinion into the realm of falsifiable fact claims and that's a different universe :queenga:

dave chappelle hate GIF

androiduser

but the final effect depends on someone's skill and style of applying make up... that doesn't make Gaga's product different... not to mention that most people use different brands together, not just one brand for one complete look. For now the line doesn't have anything radically different.... Fenti was a success because they had sooooo many shades for black/dark/ethnic skin

Miel

I think the trajectory of its marketing campaign is what makes it so unique, at the moment.

High quality, affordable, ethically-made products will help it, in the long run, also. But as to what makes it different? I think it's the marketing campaign, which almost feels like the intention- through visuals, this brand will showcase that beauty and makeup transcends gender and sexual identity.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived