Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Indiewire: 50 Best acting performance of 2010s. Miss Gaga at 27.

GaGaAst

Featured Posts

Didymus
4 hours ago, Pink Tape said:

can we just celebrate gaga getting this recognition.. of course coleman and some others are better actress, but this publication decided to put gaga and left the others (and that doesnt mean gaga is better) is it the end of the world? just chill

If it's just for clickbait or making the list a little more mainstream there's nothing appreciable about that imo :air: But I get it. I didn't wanna piss on anyone's parade until someone quoted me to tell me my opinion was illegitimate because the critics weren't on my side (when they actually are) so I got sidetracked, I am sorry about that, I'm trying to calm down my usual criticism for the better good :rip:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AJRocketMan

And yet they don’t include Jennifer Lawrence, probably the most talented actress in young Hollywood? Her Hunger Games performance was excellent. She should at least get a Top 5 for either that, or Winter’s Bone. Jennifer Lawrence used to be ubiquitous and at one point everyone loved her, now nobody talks about her and nobody cares about her anymore. How quickly we forget things. :nooo:

Thomas P

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Oriane

And once again Black Swan is not there, cancelled :fthis:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

gagzus
On 7/23/2019 at 7:12 PM, kevinsteve said:

I feel pretty sad that Bradley didn't exist in the ASIB era & still doesn't. Everybody from the GP mentions the film as "Lady Gaga's biography/Lady Gaga's film", all the awards that the film won were snatched by Gaga, it feels like Bradley couldn't shine even if it was HIS project… Even the soundtrack is listed as an album by Gaga only in most of countries...

Yes Bradley was amazing in the film- he literally changed his whole persona, way of talking etc which is amazing I don’t disagree.m, and yes he should’ve been up for and win some awards for it.

But let’s be honest, Gaga was the major selling point of the movie- even well before the first trailer dropped, had they used some other actress I doubt it would’ve garnered so much hype, acclaim and box office sales tbh. Like most people I know refer to it as Gaga’s movie who know me, and I went to see the movie 8 times and never once did the cinema become mostly empty. I’m sure Gaga and Bradley aren’t bothered because Bradley’s passion project with a small budget and shot in a rather small timeframe ended up grossing a **** ton to the point they probably wish they’d agreed on more royalties and what not. And I’m sure Warner and other companies are offering her other roles here there and everywhere after her performance.

Bradley is probably really proud of his friend, and thanks her for helping him push his passion project as a first time director.

Like she was very close to winning best actress on her FIRST major role and probably would’ve had his been her second or third role I reckon (but we know the academy doesn’t favour or grant wins to first time nominees mostly, probably because people would say Gaga won on her name alone). 

gypsy101
On 7/23/2019 at 1:05 PM, Mirages said:

Is there a Paddington 3 coming out that we don't know about and the creators paid Indiewire off for promo or what is happening with that rotten movie making it so high on their lists? Yesterday it beat out ASIB in top movies :ladyhaha: the delusion I can't :saladga:

doesn’t the second one have like 99% on rotten tomatoes 

gypsy101
On 7/23/2019 at 1:17 PM, truthteller said:

where is JLaw for Mother!

i was gonna say jlaw in American Hustle, ugh i loved that performance even more than silver linings and thought she was robbed of her second oscar

also how is Emma Stone in La La Land not on the list, what a travesty

Mirages
1 minute ago, gypsy101 said:

doesn’t the second one have like 99% on rotten tomatoes 

100% :selena: it must be glitch or something :ladyhaha:

I mean the movie wasn't bad but I def wouldn't put it in top 50:awkney:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Mirages
1 minute ago, gypsy101 said:

i was gonna say jlaw in American Hustle, ugh i loved that performance even more than silver linings and thought she was robbed of her second oscar

also how is Emma Stone in La La Land not on the list, what a travesty

Taste served :classy:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

nodandsmile

But wait a minute ... where's Rosamund Pike for "Gone Girl" and Cate Blanchett for "Blue Jasmine" ?    akfkfjfjfkffk

GABEL

there's no list of best performance that can convince everyone since we all have our preference. let's just celebrate that Gaga is loved by critics again, don't take it too seriously.

it's even better if they praise her for nothing, that means her career is thriving right now and critics need her name to attract attention

Archived