Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP album cover... Do you like it or not?

Delusional

Featured Posts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno
17 hours ago, aaronyoji said:

i just think its funny to how she started off the era in a wig cap, dissecting the idea of the performer, and "stripping it all away" and by the end of the album era was wearing this:

original.png

is one any less ARTPOP than the other? no. but is one definitely more evolved and interesting? yes.....

also, truly hope this image is not the evolved and interesting evolution you speak of lol

aaronyoji
On 7/24/2019 at 7:16 PM, Inferno said:

also, truly hope this image is not the evolved and interesting evolution you speak of lol

omg of course not haha. i would hope that was a rhetorical statement. don't get me wrong its fun, i loved the artrave, best night of my whole year. loved the castle, etc. but she made it out to seem so different when the era began. as pretentious as some people thought it to be, it was all cohesive. 

aaronyoji
On 7/24/2019 at 7:12 PM, Inferno said:

I theorize it has to do with management pushing her to go more minimalistic and as we all know, it was all falling apart. Part of why it turned into this D.I.Y. aesthetic mess was her rebelling against Troy and whomever else was pushing a more attractive visual story. She just made everything uglier and uglier and more vibrant and absurd. All of this evidenced by that V magazine interview where her team talked about them focusing on crazy textures and fabrics rather than over the top costumes that go-round which clearly Gaga threw out the f*cking window like a week or two in lol which is a shame because it was all looking so damn good. however, i do agree, did not match the music but it definitely would have at least on a subconscious level made the album come across less tacky.

its tough to analyze, i think her management if anything was turned off by her artistic endeavors in the beginning-hanging suspended fully naked in bondage on display in the louvre, meditating with marina abramovic, wearing a wig cap and looking almost androgynous, simulating a torture device in her original plans for the MTV vma applause performance (i get that that was mtv that changed that). but then after troy left, things went too far the other end of the spectrum-too childish, unfocused, in the publics view, more of the same ole gaga that people had grown tired of. 

Akiki

Tbh, I love the cover but the applause single cover is iconic. Probably the  best single cover I remember . To this day I keep that cover in my bed stand

Babel

Just like the BTW motorcycle, it’s very memorable and Gaga-esque so I think it does its work perfectly.

My two fave album covers. 

aaronyoji
On 7/24/2019 at 12:13 PM, Miel said:

Absolutely.

I think I hold on to the imagery and aesthetic that she was holding in the first few months of that phase (including Applause), because I thought the music was going to match it. I loved that dark, moody, arty, mysterious tone it held.

ugh completely. it was 'gaga' in a totally new form yet still out there and fun. just more mature. more understated. that fashion film IMO gets completely overlooked and what i was hoping would be the epicenter of the album cycle and its imagery/style. 

Inferno
On 7/25/2019 at 8:38 PM, aaronyoji said:

its tough to analyze, i think her management if anything was turned off by her artistic endeavors in the beginning-hanging suspended fully naked in bondage on display in the louvre, meditating with marina abramovic, wearing a wig cap and looking almost androgynous, simulating a torture device in her original plans for the MTV vma applause performance (i get that that was mtv that changed that). but then after troy left, things went too far the other end of the spectrum-too childish, unfocused, in the publics view, more of the same ole gaga that people had grown tired of. 

I think what we need is another 'perfect storm'. One of the reasons The Fame Monster was so fantastic, setting Gagas overall vision and music aside for a second, was who she was collaborating with...the best of the best. She had Nick Knight, Willo Peron, Nicola and Matthew Williams all working with her to make something respected and artistically forward from an art and fashion worlds perspective. To the point that she got Hedi Slimane to do her album cover and almost did a tour with Kanye West. I think once all of those people over time started turning around to do their own thing, she fought tooth and nail to prove to everyone that she can do something as fantastic on her own with her own curated team and ultimately has been shot down a lot in the process. Not that I obviously haven't enjoyed her work post-tfm, but the caliber that comes from working with such people is undeniable. Its a tough standard to try to live up to. I think at some point during ARTPOPs either creation or release she just stopped trying to and decided to do whatever.

Jose P

It’s amazing in its messy and convoluted way. It fits the album’s wildness and energy.

Schizophonic
On 7/26/2019 at 5:38 AM, aaronyoji said:

dwyw video says hi

RAMROD

I am fan of pink color just like her, so yes.

I hope she will do purple vibe cover some time. :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

automatic

1aeca679f8a35e8114677fdc72482b5d.png

Having Helen Green design the cover to be something like this would be iconic

Inferno
2 hours ago, Schizophonic said:

dwyw video says hi

by that point one could argue troy had probably long since checked out though. they may have officially parted ways amidst the albums release but im sure their close partnership was already over.

Archived