đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP album cover... Do you like it or not?

Delusional

Featured Posts

Battle 4 Ur Life

It's perfect. it's meant to be looked at from a distance btw.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cloudbusting
Spoiler
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

I just find myself wishing she released a ton of different editions all made by different visual artists :diane: That would've been epic. If the official cover we got was just one of the different options I think a lot more people would've liked it. I also would've loved to see this one in stores right next to it:

artpop_alternate_cover_by_sethvennvampir

artpop-album-cover_548069.jpg

etc.

Then again, I also love the simplicity of this one:

2j47oqq.jpg

So yeah, there probably were better choices.

This would be so cool! I would love for her to let other artists tell their creative interpretation of the album in the cover. ARTPOP is so complex people can think of it in so many ways. I would love to see that! :heart: Also that last cover is stunningggg

crisTEAne
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Hence a photograph of the actual statue would've made more sense

1 hour ago, Suspiria said:

I do agree with @Didymus that it makes no sense what they did with the sculpture - they could either use the sculpture, or a real photo of her, instead they choose a weird digital mixture of the two? Idk.

maybe they opted for a "digital mixture" to echo the idea that no matter how twisted/mixed the gaga image may be that gets disseminated/ideologized  via the media, her artistic mind/creative spirit (the self-reflexive koons ball into which you/the GP/the media can gaze but can never (ever!) really see her being without distortions) will always remain intact. 

you can't have my heart
and you won't use my mind but
do what you want with my body

or

come to me
with all your subtext and fantasy
just do that thing that you do
in a perverse hue

:nick:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Lord Temptation
27 minutes ago, Didymus said:

That's still a bit of a mystery to me :oprah: What do you think it means? I just figured it represented the light as shown in the blue ball except in a 2D version (in line with my interpretation that the cover represents a "coming alive" of the artwork from a two-dimensional flat surface).

I also have this theory that the "shards" (the cut up pictures of the painting and the sculpture) mimic that light in the blue ball. When you look at that light, it has eight clearly defined "lines" growing outward around it. In identical form, both the painting and the sculpture that form the background of the cover are cut up into eight parts :what: That seems like too much of a coincidence. It seems in line with her "art mimicking life" etc. philosophies.

I love how there's so many hidden details and concepts in the cover. Like, of what other cover art can you say that? :flutter:

My personal theory is that the cover represents something atomic or astrological, like the explosion of an atom or a collapsing star. The hidden star could possibly be the “bullet” that causes the chain reaction. It’s a bit of a trippy situation, and still very much a mystery to me also, but I think Gaga’s statement is as much about time and art as it is about the universe. The songs Venus, G.U.Y. and Dope all reference space travel, other dimensions and ancient mythology. I don’t have a full realisation of what I think she was trying to describe. It’s still wondeful to ponder.

HermesGr

Mess.. You know something? 

Fans Always do it better..

You know Why?

Because the Love her More!!

She need to think about this thing sometime n to give a concept (at least for a single cover) to a fan contest.. 

artpop-album-cover_548280.jpg

lady-gaga-artpop-full-album-leak.png

403aae6c88803dd47ed71bc02a5829db.jpg

lady-gaga-artpop-cover_579508.jpg

10840874883_c314fa4126_z.jpg

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

That's still a bit of a mystery to me :oprah: What do you think it means? I just figured it represented the light as shown in the blue ball except in a 2D version (in line with my interpretation that the cover represents a "coming alive" of the artwork from a two-dimensional flat surface).

I also have this theory that the "shards" (the cut up pictures of the painting and the sculpture) mimic that light in the blue ball. When you look at that light, it has eight clearly defined "lines" growing outward around it. In identical form, both the painting and the sculpture that form the background of the cover are cut up into eight parts :what: That seems like too much of a coincidence. It seems in line with her "art mimicking life" etc. philosophies.

I love how there's so many hidden details and concepts in the cover. Like, of what other cover art can you say that? :flutter:

tbh I thought the star was purely aesthetic. "It's not a statement as much as just a move of passion." She liked the way it looked lol

Didymus
Just now, Ziggy said:

tbh I thought the star was purely aesthetic. "It's not a statement as much as just a move of passion." She liked the way it looked lol

:awkney:

Not buying that, sorry :laughga: Maybe I overthink sometimes, but that's not thinking enough tbh :emma:

Delusional
31 minutes ago, HermesGr said:

Mess.. You know something? 

Fans Always do it better..

You know Why?

Because the Love her More!!

She need to think about this thing sometime n to give a concept (at least for a single cover) to a fan contest.. 

artpop-album-cover_548280.jpg

lady-gaga-artpop-full-album-leak.png

403aae6c88803dd47ed71bc02a5829db.jpg

lady-gaga-artpop-cover_579508.jpg

10840874883_c314fa4126_z.jpg

I think the last one would have been PERFECT if only the font was another colour, like silver. No.2 would have also been pretty cool

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Ziggy
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

:awkney:

Not buying that, sorry :laughga: Maybe I overthink sometimes, but that's not thinking enough tbh :emma:

I'm just saying that sometimes it seems like she does things for sh*ts and giggles :laughga: I don't like the answer either, but I have a sneaking suspicion that that's what it is

TheBatman

The album cover is the perfect visual representation of the music content and concept, cant imagine a different cover!

Didymus
Just now, Ziggy said:

I'm just saying that sometimes it seems like she does things for sh*ts and giggles :laughga: I don't like the answer either, but I have a sneaking suspicion that that's what it is

Sure, but not on an album cover she plans to immortalize :air: That's too important for her surely. I mean this is a woman who named every single one of her lipliners to pretend they had meaning :rip: I don't think she would be so careless with things she knows are going to be well-known for the rest of her career.

Miel

I have mixed feelings on it. Like, on one hand, it's an incredible clash of mediums and colors and tones that it's... like, "imperfectly" perfect? That Koons used a rendering of the statue, as opposed to the statue itself (plus utilizing the reference photographical process in the handbook), is kind of a cool, multi-faceted idea.

On the other hand... as much as I, like, get it, I don't necessarily like it? Like, there was so much imagery that she herself was a part of that I feel looked better, even if they didn't represent the album as well as the final cover did. 

And don't get me started on the fanmade works, which are absolutely incredible.

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:65573?quality=0.8&

10375670_290885587739864_1535509984_n.jp

picture-6.png?w=261

robert-wilson-video-portraits-of-lady-ga

3 points in and ready for more

gumzy3000

It's my favourite cover of hers honestly. When you look at it, you can not take your eyes away from it, it's just so eye catching. There is so much going on and I think it's a great representation of ARTPOP. The birth of Venus, the trippy font, the gazing ball with the reflection of her team in a photoshoot, the plastic look of the sculpture, etc. It's simply genius!

I also like how Gaga described ARTPOP as an explosion of pop and art and the cover shows this.

Also love how the cover represents different forms of art. Their is a painting, a marble sculpture, and a plastic sculpture of Gaga that looks almost 3-d. The font style is like warped and strange because to me, it signifies these different art forms mixing together in some type of new dimension. 

trolly troll troll

Ziggy
11 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Sure, but not on an album cover she plans to immortalize :air: That's too important for her surely. I mean this is a woman who named every single one of her lipliners to pretend they had meaning :rip: I don't think she would be so careless with things she knows are going to be well-known for the rest of her career.

She could come up with whatever reason she likes for it like she did the lipliners lol I just think deep down she just liked the way it looks lolol

Archived