💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My Lion King review (spoilers)

River

Featured Posts

River

So I just came back from the movie and this is what I think:

Circle of Life - the scene that gives me goosebumps and almost an heart attack every time I watch it, was very emotionless, it was VERY beautiful yes, but I didn't feel anything, also this part:

the lion king cat GIF

Looked like Rafiki is an old lady that putting the clothes on a rope from the window :laughga:

Then I Just Can't Wait To Be King was bland, what made it amazing was the choreography of the animals and the tower and how they treated Zazu bad, here they just walked among the animals and that's it.

Scar was sabotaged, even if Jeremy was the actor, it would be the same, what made Scar Scar is his theatrical grumpy evil movements and expressions, here he was just an old jealous cat.. and Long Live The King was cringy.

The hyenas were a mess, pretty much irrelevant, Shenzi was sabotaged too.

Timon and Pumbaa were great, but the poker face expression killed their characters and what made us fall in love with them in some sense.

The last fighting scene was not epic at all and in some sense it ended pretty quick, they gave too much time for the fight with the hyenas..

Can You Feel The Love Tonight - DURING THE DAY?! :awkney:

And now let's talk about Beyonce, I think people were too harsh on her, she did a good job, the only thing was her accent, sometimes it felt like Nala is a lioness from Texas, but it's not her fault, it was clear that they didn't work with her on the voice acting and there was a lack of direction on that part, she did a very good job with what she had, so really, people were not fair!

Then, Spirit felt out of place, it's fitting more as the 1st credit song, it just felt like suddenly someone turned on the radio, the song is very different than the soundtrack.

So overall,

The movie was not epic like the original, it was very beautiful but that's ends there tbh, so I'm gonna stick with the original that I love so much.

I give it 5.5/10

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

HoneyB

I agree with your critiques tbh, The first mistake of many was it’s just too photo realistic, it completely removed the charm of the original and honestly shouldn’t have gotten a remake it’s too difficult to replicate. Oh well, at least we got good music out of it:oops:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

tomsches

I mean, I don't like those remakes in the first place, but this one was just so blah.... the biggest mistake was that they tried to make the animals look as realistic as possible, which resulted in their facial expressions being completely emotionless. So during the whole film, the animals looked kinda.... stupid? I'll stick to the original.

Delusional

I’m glad I went to nandos instead of watching this then :ohwell:

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️BANNED TILL SEPTEMBER‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

Didymus

This project is flawed by design. When execs decided to milk the original in a "live action remake" the writing was already on the wall :smh: You can't do this in live action so it's basically another animated movie but this time with photorealistic images that actively sabotage any emotional expression both visually and dialogue-wise.

But ofc most people are eating it up because it's familiar, easy, mindless consumption and hey, it looks beautiful so it must be of quality :emma:

Most people who were negative about Bey were LMs lol, the majority of critics say she's fine (or at least just as problematic as everyone else) and I've heard no general audience complaints about her so far.

The inclusion of Spirit is a mess indeed. Overall a mess. But Disney be making that money.

nikola

I loved every other remake... but this one just does not have love and beauty that original has 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

River

I also forget to add that the journey of the piece of fur was too long and too much, it really felt like watching National Geographic :huntyga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived