Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

DJ White Shadow is better than RedOne

The Enigmatic

Featured Posts

The Z
23 minutes ago, KatherinePierce said:

Bad Romance > All the songs produced by DJWS. Itā€™s a fact guys

DJWS made Gaga's best three songs: The Edge of Glory/Bloody Mary/Is That Alright?

I said it:oops:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lilmonzter

Solely based on commercial performance redone takes the cake also eats it! 2 songs that are diamond! That kinda success is just once in a lifetimeĀ :awkney:

Sing C'est la vieĀ 

imnotyourbabe10

RedOne is less messy and dramatic, from what I've observed.Ā  He constantly talks so fondly of our Lady and I imagine they have a really special relationship.Ā  I agree DJWS has done some stellar work and perhaps that RedOne's sound from years past may not be relevant today but I would love to see how her work and sound could evolve with RedOne's involvement (beyond Angel Down).

Inferno
12 hours ago, Didymus said:

RedOne was great until 2011 but his style just doesnā€™t work anymore. I think DJWS is a little underused by Gaga. Whenever I listen to his own stuff and remixes of Gaga songs Iā€™m a lot more impressed by what he does and esp. his production polish and finishes which, apparently, Gaga ruins on her own songs :ladyhaha:

Iā€™m here for a batch of completely different producers tbh.

I've always felt the opposite, I think what he does on his own is significantly less impressive. Because at least what he does with Gaga has a darker pop edge than the very spare whiteboy trap of his mixtapes. Though i've really liked some of their work together, overall always kinda felt he held her back from making something next level. He just doesn't have the capability production wise to take her beyond in a way in which an outside producer most likely could. Which is why im so psyched to hear what shes got with Boys Noize, Arca and SOPHIE.

RedOne was what he was, a really solid pop producer that made some magic with her. He had his moment imo. Bad Romance and The Fame Monster were a perfect storm. But as a producer generally speaking hes just not that interesting and the music back then didn't need to be interesting so much as just great hook oriented pop songs. A lot of her work with DJWS wanted to be more than that, but it just wasnt? Which is my problem there I guess lol and also why i loved/preferred his production on tracks like dwuw or even the cure, because if they aim for pure pop he works. also sidebar, i think the cure is just a little underrated because its "basic" which it is, but its so nice and sweet.

Archived