Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: Beyoncé misses #1

LetsGetHigh

Featured Posts

monketsharona

Weren't her fans campaining against ASIB when it was out and trying to say King Lion Soundtrack would smash ASIB first week ?

Karma. Karma. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaplayer315

So are her fans going to hate and trash Ed or are they going to stay quiet so they can still pretend like Perfect went #1 thanks to Beyonce???

serious the four GIF by Diddy

MelbHawker
18 hours ago, Jaume said:

Spirit isnt that commercial... 

It's the definition of commercial sis.. it was written for what probably the biggest film of the year (excluding Endgame), it plays in a pivotal scene in the film which is currently being seen by literally millions. 

Regardless, it has been received well. 

PopThatArt

Do any of her songs really ever even top the charts? 

Go see A Star is Born

The Gift flopping is a direct effect of Beyonce's self-sabotage. Surprise drops no longer make any noise, Beyonce's rarefied diva/goddess image has made her unrelatable and distant in an era where relatability is an important part of an artist's image and even success (as Cardi B has amply shown), the lack of promo for her projects means nobody is aware about her releases. Nobody is checking for this album and especially not when the lead single they're pushing is such a milquetoast, bland song.

TheRoof
9 hours ago, KeepOnSwimming said:

Ehm yeah. Europe has 51 countries and she hit at #1 with Lemonade in only 5 of them. That's a 10th of whole Europe. I mean it was #1 in Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Belgium and UK. And I mean she sold 10.000 copies in her first week in the UK, wich got her a number one. That number is really not that impressing tbh. :ohwell:

this blatantly lie :rip:

the album sold 73.000 copies :rip: and didn't even have a full tracking week :rip:

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/beyonces-lemonade-fizzes-to-official-albums-chart-number-

Gov Hooka

I really liked this album tbh. Soundwise it's really good and I'm glad it's not too linked with the lion king, which is a god awful movie. I've also been bopping to Homecoming Live for a while too. 

TheBatman

I actually really like some of the songs, and I'm shocked at the sales being so low! Surprised at what albums have outsold and outcharted. 

KeepOnSwimming
35 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

this blatantly lie :rip:

the album sold 73.000 copies :rip: and didn't even have a full tracking week :rip:

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/beyonces-lemonade-fizzes-to-official-albums-chart-number-

You're right. OmG. Embarrassing :saladga:

I just read it really fast at work and I just read about the 10.000 albums that were bought via streaming serivices, so I'm sorry that's totally my fault, should've taken my time before posting, but I was in a hurry.,wich is no excuse I just should've informed myself like a 100%. Sorry for the wrong information, cause I hate Fake News. 

Thanks for speaking up and correcting me, friendly 💁🏽‍♂️😏 appreciate that

But still that doesn't change my point that she's not really big outside the US..

Edit. Cause she really didn't have a Hit here since Halo and literally I never hear people talk about her. Soooo, my point stays the same, but one fact changed. 

But I really didn't want to make anything up to get my point. That wasn't the intention. 

Whispering

I’m really surprised at these low numbers, especially considering the album is tied to such a huge movie project. 

gypsy101
9 hours ago, Sepsami said:

I am confusion, Beyoncé isn't a #1 girl to begin with? 

except for how every one of her solo albums debuted at #1 

StrawberryBlond

I hope this will be a huge wake up call to Beyonce and her fans that she can no longer rely on her name and a surprise drop to power an album to success. She's not better than every other artist, she's got to work as hard as them to make people care about her projects. Eventually, people are going to say: "We didn't ask for this album. And now we have it, do we even want it?" She really shot herself in the foot by putting out 3 different forms of album in the last year (Everything Is Love last summer, Homecoming a few months ago and now this) and its all amounted to too much seeing as there was no demand for these albums in the first place. I don't know where she and Jay got the idea that people were genuinely wanting a joint album from them. Back in 2013/2014, yes, when they did that first joint tour, it could've worked, their relationship was held in much higher regard. But post-Lemonade? No, Bey's fans have no time for him after what he did to her. Of course their second joint tour did well but lets face it, people only bought those tickets to see Bey and just put up with Jay under sufferance. No one was actually interested in an album from them, as the low sales show. And as for the live Homecoming album, the entire performance is already on YouTube for free, so that was a weird overdue cash grab moment that didn't translate. And now we get this - another pretentious album about nothingness that never would've been made if it hadn't been for Beyonce being in this film. No one's here for Beyonce making this movie all about her when she barely gets any lines in it. She's trying to pull a Black Panther with this "love letter to Africa" and it doesn't ring true whatsoever. I'm glad to see that people are getting it now. This woman has been scamming us for years and I hope more and more realise that she's all hype, very little substance.

3 hours ago, Acidus said:

The Gift flopping is a direct effect of Beyonce's self-sabotage. Surprise drops no longer make any noise, Beyonce's rarefied diva/goddess image has made her unrelatable and distant in an era where relatability is an important part of an artist's image and even success (as Cardi B has amply shown), the lack of promo for her projects means nobody is aware about her releases. Nobody is checking for this album and especially not when the lead single they're pushing is such a milquetoast, bland song.

You've only just joined this forum and already I think I like you. I called it all the way back in 2013 when Beyonce did that first surprise drop. I knew it was a risky business to drop a project with no hype and no proper singles and not even promo and that this shouldn't be something she should do twice, it's a trick you can only pull off once. But no, she thought she was that unstoppable and now she's seeing the downside of overloading the public with surprise albums and essentially telling us to buy them because she's the queen. There's a reason why Adele, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift (and currently, Cardi B and Gaga too) are outselling her - because they know how to relate to their audiences and that is crucial. For someone who's been bigged up as being really in tune with modern culture, Beyonce couldn't be more out of touch when it comes to what personality the public wants their artists to have. I have never understood why saying "buy my album because I'm The Queen" would win anyone any fans.

Archived