💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: Beyoncé misses #1

LetsGetHigh

Featured Posts

Stef

The Hive are unbearable. Claiming that ASIB benefited from having a privileged white straight couple fronting the film and music :air: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mariomania1234
25 minutes ago, Didymus said:

He's not :smh: He's saying that despite the song having a different sound (which is not the same as a different genre) than what's on the radio, Shallow is still formulaic and easy listening and not "experimental" or "different" at all when you break it down to composition level.

Spirit is also formulaic btw, I'm not denying it is. But Shallow isn't its opposite. It's its equal :emma: And that's what many LMs can't admit because they somehow believe that Shallow is some prog rock song. Y'know, the same people who called FourFiveSeconds a Taylor Swift song :reductive:

I'm not saying Shallow is the most experimental and unformulaic song of all time. But in the context of pop radio in late 2018, it's definitely not  a "generic pop song that's easy to digest" like that other user said. That's absurd. It added something totally unique and new to Gaga's discography and she completely smashed with it, despite all the factors against her. Like I mentioned earlier, it contains borderline unpolished live vocals, crowd sounds, and a weird verse/chorus structure. Give it the credit it deserves. :rip:

Monsterish

The worst tragedy of 2019. 

We have to say goodbye to another pop star.

:rip: Beyoncé  

elijahfan

Well it's always a bit tricky to understand why an artist of her scale suddenly underperforms... From my perspective, I think people might be suffering from Beyoncé fatigue. A few years ago, I would literally jump on any new thing this woman would release, but in the meantime there was the underwhelming Jay-Z collab EP, and her documentary that I didn't even bother watching in full since it added nothing to what I had already seen at Coachella. And tbh, I haven't listened to The Gift yet and have no plan of doing so. I just don't really care :shrug: But I'm looking forward to her coming back with something exciting in the future.

jacs vs looser

Beyonce is far from over, the kind of starpower she has won't fade away becase of one album that is not even 100% her project, underperforms.

That being said, the hive are just so annoying, I'm lowkey glad and hopeful that it will actually debut at No.3 :classy:

BBhomemaker
1 hour ago, mauvais said:

It's really beautiful album but this is all her own fault. Why didn't she do any interviews with her co-stars? Why didn't she do carpool karaoke? Hell, a BTS video, on her own terms, where she talks passionately about the album and reveals how everyone came together would've helped. All of her instagram posts about the Gift don't even say it's an album, or that Spirit has a MV, let alone have genuine captions  :ohno: She's so... weird. We can't read your mind, Beyonce. 

Cause she hates medias after the backlash they did on her pregnancy, on her marriage, on her family. But nobody remember that cause everybody makes fun of people and then forget when its the turn of someone else

also unlike everyone think she's shy and introverted like most of people here but prefer to call her weird cause she's not creating dramas or that she dont scream "buy stream and share my album" on every corners, its literally a gift its not meant to be B7, beyonce strategy is eventful and play by surprise, not a regular 2 singles-album-carpool-jimmy fallon- ellen- remix-tour strategy, I wouldn't like to see her doing a regular process and feel forced to do it. Some wants and like to do it and others dont need it or want it 

KatieJudasGaga4
2 hours ago, KeepOnSwimming said:

What exactly did Beyonce do oh so successful, outside of the US? Quickly?! :ohwell:

I mean her last radio smash hit IN Europe was Single Ladies... Tbh outside the US people really don't care that much about her. 

Don't tag me or come for me, just my opinion and a fact if u look at her chart positions here. :stalkga:

Halo was released after Single Ladies and was a hit in Europe.

JennyWayne
8 minutes ago, MonsterJay said:

So can the Beyhive take down Ed Sheeran?! :)

SWARM HIM

The Beyhive should be thanking Ed Sheeran for giving Beyoncé her first #1 since the Sasha Fierce era with "Perfect" :ally:

NewYorkCity

Lmao all her fans were just yesterday: WHO CARES SHE GOT THE NUMBER ONE THATS ALL PEOPLE WILL CARE ABOUT. 

We- :toofunny:

Ziggy
1 hour ago, pedrohemg said:

If you place Beyoncé on the same level as Selena, Demi, etc., I agree.

But...no? The charts are still very reliant on radio play. What from The Gift would get radio play? It's mostly afrobeat music. Unless it had a HUGE push, it isn't the sort of music that'll get picked up same as how it took *ages* for Shallow to get picked up by radio. Something not getting radio play doesn't mean it isn't good or successful. An album with comparatively minimal promo, a non-trendy genre, and mostly unfamiliar collaborators is not exactly screaming mainstream pickup. It got to where it is at #2 because of Beyonce's name. Truthfully, that's a pretty solid feat for what the album is. Idk why there's so much negativity around this album.

Archived