• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount
1 hour ago, ANTI WP said:

Don't play race card and gender card it's really tiring 

Everybody knows one sweet day is a smash who have taste 

OP: I am happy for lil naz 

Yikes. It's still impressive for the state of music. Especially since the song was banned from the country charts. His race and sexuality IS a huge factor in why it became so big and what it means for the genre going forward. It's extrodinary in what Lil Nas' has accomplished. And race/sexuality isn't going anywhere. There's still a lot to do. And hopefully this only further proves that diversity can succeed when given opportunity. Also, the OP didn't even mention gender... 

StarstruckIllusion
1 hour ago, Swallow said:

It was a radio fueled hit for the most part and one of the most forgotten songs of the 90s. Mariah has like 10 songs that are more remembered.

This. Out of all the Mariah songs forced down my throat for just breathing, I’ve never heard this one. 

Schizophonic

sometimes i wonder if bobby and gaga sit there and watch the charts week by week and just wait for OTR ti finally die down before they hit the release button

Guest Adarsh
1 hour ago, Borislshere said:

Two of us Have said that and I don't recall seeing either of us hating on him a month ago. speak for yourself. 

Two people can speak for the entire community? Wow :laughga:

I can swear that I’ve seen more than ten people make fun of the guy and claim that his ‘trash’ song deserves to be dethroned by Senorita, Bad Guy, Megatron and what not. 

StarstruckIllusion
1 hour ago, FlopSlurper said:

um

62263723_326507561582028_522263531044047

D9uo5L8WkAA0wIl.jpg

painting a whole religion as terrorists, no big deal, let's love him because he's gay and black

I really don’t get this visceral defense of this, or any religion. You know what Islam is? Not a category of brown people. It’s a idea anyone can have. So no ones getting dragged harder than when y’all get drag each other for saying either The Fame Monster or Born This Way are the better album.

+ Imagine defending homophobia, sexism, transphobia and science denial 🤢

Thomas P

First gay man to tie with Mariah Carey

shocked sam smith GIF by The Academy Awards

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

AndiGaga

Old Town Road is a fantastic and unique song

It is by a gay black newcomer

It blocked Ed and Justin haha

I am so happy for him, he deserves it :heart:

sillynate
2 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

What a wonderful way to cap off a decade of one hit wonders!!! LMFAO, Gotye, Luis Fonsi, the Chainsmokers, Omi and Psy are shookT! :wtfga:

Don’t forget the girl who sang that one song Hey I just met you and this is crazy but here’s my number so call me maybe :gaycat:

Guest Adarsh
1 hour ago, Swallow said:

He has every right to speak againts a religion that wants him dead. I live in a European country where the majority of the population are muslims and you think I'm out of the closet? Hell no. "it's a peaceful religion" yea tell that to all those arabic countries that have those laws degrading laws againts not only gays but women aswell.

Are you kidding me? How can you just generalize an entire religion? My boyfriend and his family are Muslim and they’re the nicest people I know. 

There are Muslim members on this website. Did you ever think how they would feel after reading your comment? Christianity is as homophobic as Islam if not more. My country , a traditionally liberal country was turned homophobic because of Catholic laws imposed by colonizers. Should I shame every Christian alive for that? Grow up man. You're not a child. 

JusKeepBreathin

I like three-ways.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

FlopSlurper
14 minutes ago, Wigless said:

Imagine defending homophobia, sexism, transphobia and science denial 🤢

I'm not defending any of that just because I'm defending my own people.  

imagine defending stereotyping and generalisation though, the very core of racism, ew

Guest Adarsh
8 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

I'm not defending any of that just because I'm defending my own people.  

imagine defending stereotyping and generalisation though, the very core of racism, ew

The fact that you have to justify defending your people is just beyond cruel. Is this what being liberal is? I’m shocked tbh. 

I’m so sorry sweetheart. 

Archived