💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Indiewire: Best movies of decade, ASIB at 75

GaGaAst

Featured Posts

Mirages
7 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

How is Spring Breakers on this list? The one with Selena Gomez. Was that actually good?... Magic Mike? Huh?

Better than Magic Mike nothing groundbreaking though:messga: At least Only Lovers Left ALive made it :firega:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZwRaven
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

I nearly choked seeing Magic Mike beat Melancholia  :air: :lmao:

I mean, there's some great "obscure" ones that I'm happy are included (Hereditary, Phantom Thread) but overall this list gets very messy because of the unfair ways in which genres are being mixed up. Like yeah, Black Panther is arguably the best action movie of the decade but that doesn't make it one of the best movies of the decade, know what I'm sayin' :oprah:

Phantom Thread might be one of the best movies no one watched. I hope DDL really doesn't retire and it's just another stunt.

Lord Temptation

Where is Blue Valentine (2010), Drive (2011),The Missing Picture (2013) and The Shape of Water (2017)?

Other than a handful of standouts a sad, awful list.

Thomas P
1 hour ago, The Enigmatic said:

Moonlight had the worst endings and got 1 :triggered:

Don’t come for that absolute masterpiece :triggered:

Seeing Moonlight and Call Me By your Name so high makes me so happy. 

List is really good, but Magic Mike? Pardon me? 

EDIT: wait wait wait. I reread the entire list again. Spring Breakers? 

So many movies on here are genuine masterpieces, but my god some of them aren’t 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Teal Ambition

This list automatically became invalid the moment I saw Magic Mike on there :selena:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

elijahfan

Some good picks, but also some laughable choices. And no trace of the actual 2 best movies of the decade, Black Swan and Suspiria.

Miel

Well... Moonlight is on the top spot, and A Star Is Born, Hereditary, The Last Jedi, Fury Road, and Carol are all included, yay! 

I tend not to think too much of lists like this. BUT, I'm super super happy about the inclusion of TLJ.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
45 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Where is Drive (2011), Blue Valentine (2013), The Missing Picture (2013) and The Shape of Water (2017)?

Other than a handful of standouts a sad, awful list.

I was desperately ctrl+f'ing for this film. What a masterpiece, and shame it was left out!

3 points in and ready for more

Lord Temptation
4 minutes ago, Miel said:

I was desperately ctrl+f'ing for this film. What a masterpiece, and shame it was left out!

A lowdown, dirty shame alright! 

Ziggy

While I like that they didn’t *just* pick award bait films. The ones they picked are...questionable.

Gagz4Gaga

I liked Moonlight but I still believe that the Best Picture Oscar should have went to La La Land instead. The film lost because of politics. And objectively it was the overall best movie of 2016 and at least deserved inside the top 10.

nostalgia’s for geeks

CyanDante

Inception is 63 and Spring Breakers is 36. I - :air:

Also Magic Mike XXL at 26 :rip:

Inside out, sweetie I'm so sorry :bradley:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

AJRocketMan

Ew! There are so many movies here that don’t deserve to be on this list, including A Star Is Born! What about Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Hunger Games, Gravity, Interstellar, Her, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, The Help, BlacKkKlansman, Finding Dory, Hidden Figures, Loving, Wonder Woman, Baby Driver, Happy Death Day, and If Beale Street Could Talk? So many fantastic, emotional movies that weren’t included on this list. I also think there is an over-representation of big-budget blockbusters and there needs to be a greater presence of indie movies and art films, like Winter’s Bone. There are way too many films from 2016 on here, and Moonlight didn’t deserve the #1 spot! It should’ve been in the #10-5 range.

DeleteMyAccount
36 minutes ago, Gagz4Gaga said:

I liked Moonlight but I still believe that the Best Picture Oscar should have went to La La Land instead. The film lost because of politics. And objectively it was the overall best movie of 2016 and at least deserved inside the top 10.

Moonlight won because it was the best film of that period. La La Land had such mixed receptions that it wasn't a surprise that it eventually lost. At least LLL stole the spotlight from Moonlight. That sure made people happy. 

But please don't diminish the accomplish of Moonlight by saying it lost because of politics. It's a loose assumption with zero credibility. You COULD say LLL lost because of loss of interest though. 

Lextyr97
3 hours ago, Didymus said:

I nearly choked seeing Magic Mike beat Melancholia  :air: :lmao:

I mean, there's some great "obscure" ones that I'm happy are included (Hereditary, Phantom Thread) but overall this list gets very messy because of the unfair ways in which genres are being mixed up. Like yeah, Black Panther is arguably the best action movie of the decade but that doesn't make it one of the best movies of the decade, know what I'm sayin' :oprah:

Infinity War was so much better :neyde: It got snubbed

Archived