Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

myfitnesspal 2018 breach is now on the dark web

Featured Posts

Bloody hooker

I just happen to check my email, and saw that my credit card company sent me an email saying that my information was detected on a suspicious website. When I checked my credit report, it said that my email was found on the dark web due to the 2018 myfitnesspal data breach. I am completely scared. :ohno: The only reason I had an account there in the first place was due to my high school psychology class in 2014. My teacher wanted us to keep track of what we ate for a week or two.

If anyone had an account with the company before February 2018, look into it to make sure that your info hasn’t ended up there yet.

Here is an article to read more about it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2019/02/14/hacked-myfitnesspal-data-sale-dark-web-one-year-breach/amp/

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.
  • Love 4

RAMROD

I am sorry to hear. What steps have you done for safety? I suppose you already got new CC by now?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Your ♥ Reverence ♥ Shamelessly ♥ Tempting ♥ Me ♥

Bloody hooker
Just now, RAMROD said:

I am sorry to hear. What steps have you done for safety? I suppose you already got new CC by now?

When I originally found out about the breach some months ago I didn’t think too much about it. I need to change my twitter handle, because it has part of my email (idk why). As for the CC, I don’t have it anymore, but somehow still have access to the credit report section.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, Bloody hooker said:

When I originally found out about the breach some months ago I didn’t think too much about it. I need to change my twitter handle, because it has part of my email (idk why). As for the CC, I don’t have it anymore, but somehow still have access to the credit report section.

Hmm :oprah:

Oh, change your e-mail passwords too, and put it on two steps verification. I had someone trying to break into my e-mail once before, lucky  I put it all on two steps, so I am aware someone trying to get it cos I got text for OTP numbers. :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Your ♥ Reverence ♥ Shamelessly ♥ Tempting ♥ Me ♥

TheSlash

That's why I don't do sports :vegas: . On a serious note, immediately change all the data related to that breach, especially passwords. You better delete the account on that website, too. I hope it all goes well for you :diane: .

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Illuminati

Since this is somewhat on topic, littlemonsters.com had a breach way back too and a lot of emails have been exposed as well. It's best to always have a different password for everything you use

• Like 1

THEORACLE64
1 hour ago, Bloody hooker said:

If you don't have the CC anymore then don't worry about it, as long as that account is closed they can't do anything with the information. You don't need to change your Twitter handle either, just change the password and change the e-mail address linking to it. If it only has part of the e-mail don't worry about it either. 

FlopSlurper
30 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Since this is somewhat on topic, littlemonsters.com had a breach way back too and a lot of emails have been exposed as well. It's best to always have a different password for everything you use

came to say this

Soren
1 hour ago, Illuminati said:

always have a different password for everything you use

And with that said, y'all should use a password manager! They store and generate strong passwords + fill forms up for you. There's lots of free ones out there, like LastPass and Dashlane.

2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

put it on two steps verification

Everyone should do this for their accounts, whenever possible. It's even more secure if an authenticator app manages the OTP.  I think GGD should implement it.

• Like 2

HausOfMark

why is your creditcard information on myfitnesspal? I have that app and its never asked me for my CC info.

-Mark

PunkTheFunk

Mess, now the Russians know that I eat chocolate brownies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner

#Marianne2020

LateToCult
6 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Mess, now the Russians know that I eat chocolate brownies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner

Me: *gets myfitnesspal info stolen by Russians*

Russians: “fat” :triggered:

• LMAO 4

PunkTheFunk
16 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Me: *gets myfitnesspal info stolen by Russians*

Russians: “fat” :triggered:

"I swear I'm skinny in real life!"

tenor.gif

#Marianne2020
  • LMAO 1

Teal Ambition

I have an account there :selena: I never put credit card info though

▌│█║▌║▌║ i exist only for me - fallon carrington ║▌║▌║█│▌
  • Like 1

Timmers

You used a credit card for the premium version of a free app, for a psychology class?

*insert brain joke*