💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG7 should be ARTPOP Reloaded

The Enigmatic

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

We said goodbye to this idea when DJWS left the picture. :selena: I'd love a 2019 version of ARTPOP but at the same time I want something new. Also, when I picture LG6 I see black like TFM and BTW, not neon colors like ARTPOP, I expect it to be something new but more in line with these TFM/ BTW. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustHMLover

maybe on the 10 year anniversary edition she should do it along with releasing ep called ACT II

I would die for that :) 

gagzus

LG6 Is gonna be ARTPOP 2.0 sonically, so let’s leave it as that tbh what we REALLY need after is a 70s & 80s Disco-Dance album

Felix Jens

I don’t need a revival of an ARTPOP’s era.

Every era has a story to tell,and I don’t want to have the same story.

(For the moment I’d rather have a new era LG 6 ....

sooner than Gaga’s definition of “soon”)

The Melody That Ü Choose ,Can Rescue Ü

TEMPLE

I think ARTPOP was such a dope concept that was destroyed by lil' troy boy. ARTPOP was the most conceptually Gaga idea possible and it was destroyed like that, just makes me sad. I hope she'll revisit the idea one day either adapt it or evolve it into something new. Maybe LG6 will be just that, who knows. 

Mr Mirko

an EP would be fine, but do not count me in without SIRE BROOKLYN NIGHTS TEMPLE maybe even RADIO (NOTHING ON) this way would be cool, CAKE LIKE LADY GAGA, PARTYNAUSEUS lolz it's too late forget it

Mr Mirko

and one more thing. Forget about it. LG6 isn't out yet we do not have even a date for it. ARTPOP ACT 2 won't happen what is going on today with IF ONLY themes on gagadaily lol

Mr Mirko
51 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

LG7 :huntyga:

Yeah buddy we did not even manage to see her in Europe, not some kinda lg7 with an ARTPOP throwback, they really snatched my wig this time; like where was my life while lg6 was going on :triggered:

JustJames

I think it's understandable fans have such an obsession/fascination with this era in Gaga's career. The time between BTW > ARTPOP > Joanne was unbearable, and for the many who  are more into the dance/electro-pop sound of Gaga's earlier days, ARTPOP is really the last major piece within her body of work to be released... 6 years ago. From a GP POV, ARTPOP was an album and era without a defined, polished vision and plan, that dragged down an artist on a trajectory toward iconic status at what should have been her peak - 26/27 years old - and replaced her with a stripped-down, held-back, soccer-mom-friendly version who has had to methodically rebuild her reputation 1 public appearance at a time. 

It takes research and an affinity for LG to learn what really happened with ARTPOP. "Applause" wasn't a mediocre comeback track; "DWUW" wasn't a mind-bogglingly dumb collaboration; "G.U.Y." wasn't a chaotic compilation of ideas and last-minute effort to show some sort of artisti progression. For many, "G.U.Y." was the last known appearance of the former LG -- nothing she has released since then resembles the visuals, storylines, fashion, message, and sounds of TF, TFM, and BTW like that song and video did. For those who were able to find out that "G.U.Y." was just 1 very small taste of what was the LG-intended ARTPOP era, it's painful to reconcile this with what the public saw. ARTPOP's impact was the total opposite of what it was meant to do -- it turned pop into a deadzone of mediocrity and its fanbase into carnivores waiting to eat up the Gagas, Katys, and Rihannas if they chose to not play safe instead of celebrating an evolution into more exploratory sounds and visuals. 

ARTPOP was a complex concept, and is one that fans still don't know that they fully grasp. That the GP-facing explanation has had to evolve into "my ARTPOP could mean anything" is a sad compromise, though, that ignores all of the potential themes like the reverse Warholian project of placing art into pop; making art accessible to pop culture; breaking down art in all forms and separating it from celebrity; and, most simplistically: "dance. sex. art. pop." That ARTPOP stood as the album title is an indicator of how badly managed LG was at the time. "Behind the Aura," "Underneath the Curtain," "dance. sex. art. pop.," "Applause," "Don't Stop this Party," and so many other lines/songs of the album spoke to the message more clearly. Applause and DWUW (solo) could have been great hits within the era, but "Aura," "Venus," and "Gypsy" are just on a totally different level that only "G.U.Y." hints at. Personally, I would have gone with the "Behind the Aura" and "dance. sex. art. pop" themes and began the era with "Applause," before "Aura" as the 'dance' track, "DWUW" as the 'sex' track ("Sexxx Dreams" promo single), "Venus" + "G.U.Y." as the 'art' tracks, and "Gypsy" as the pop track to close. 

Regardless, with so much missed material and missed opportunity to see what LG could have evolved into had ARTPOP played out as planned, threads like these will always be started. It is a major "what if?" moment in LG and Pop Music history. Hopefully, LG6 gets everything back toward the middle -- away from the safety zone of Joanne and ASIB tracks, but without the risk of ARTPOP. In the end, though, LG is now 33, perhaps 34 once it finally drops, and we'll never hear what a 28/30 year old LG post-ARTPOP success might have released in 2015/2016.

6 hours ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

Bad English. Surry... :ladyhaha:

No worry :happy:

Archived