💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

A$AP Rocky jail time EXTENDED, gets no special treatment

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
5 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

What the hell is their problem tbh? Seems awfully exaggerated for something he didn't even initiate.

He committed AGGRAVATED ASSAULT. There is VIDEO EVIDENCE. 

If you were the one who got beat by multiple men in plain daylight I bet you’d be singing a different tune. 

Why should a rich celebrity get special treatment? 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guillaume Hamon
20 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

You are a danger though if you actually assault someone when you get provoked.

I said he wasn't a  "danger to society" imo.

Yes he's a "danger" for the one who made him do it by harassing him and his friends but not a danger to society. He didn't start beating up all the people passing by, he just did settle his score with a guy who knew very well that he could get mad and go crazy yet kept pushing his buttons it again and again and again...

22 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

That you get harassed by someone doesn't excuse you to throw him to the ground. 

Well it's easy to say but can be very hard to do while facing long term harassment. In his shoes maybe we would lost it earlier.

30 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

It's still a violation against the law.

Yes it is but we're not robots so situations should be considered rather than applying the law blindly just in name of the principle, whatever the reasons that made you do it.

More than a month in jail for losing it cause you were the victim of repeated harassment seems quite unfair for me. 

Reginald

I think I'm confused on how the Swedish justice system works. Here in the states, for an interpersonal crime like this, he would have been required to pay a monetary amount in exchange for being released from a holding cell until his trial (innocent until proven guilty. If, after the trial he's determined guilty he would *then* begin a jail sentence).  Does Sweden work differently?

elijahfan
10 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

He committed AGGRAVATED ASSAULT. There is VIDEO EVIDENCE. 

If you were the one who got beat by multiple men in plain daylight I bet you’d be singing a different tune. 

Why should a rich celebrity get special treatment? 

I'm totally with you on this, but what I also saw through this "video evidence" is that they were being provoked. Not saying violence was the answer, but the alleged victims kinda looked for it from what I saw :shrug: There are tons of people fighting all the time, and yet, do they deserve to end up in jail without a trial? :confused:

Of course celebrities shouldn't get special treatment regarding the law, but they also shouldn't be treated like objects in the street.

lego
5 minutes ago, Reginald said:

I think I'm confused on how the Swedish justice system works. Here in the states, for an interpersonal crime like this, he would have been required to pay a monetary amount in exchange for being released from a holding cell until his trial (innocent until proven guilty. If, after the trial he's determined guilty he would *then* begin a jail sentence).  Does Sweden work differently?

https://www.thewrap.com/trump-aap-rocky-bail-sweden-doesnt-use-bail-system/

FreePalestine

Bellatrix
17 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

I said he wasn't a  "danger to society" imo.

Yes he's a "danger" for the one who made him do it by harassing him and his friends but not a danger to society. He didn't start beating up all the people passing by, he just did settle his score with a guy who knew very well that he could get mad and go crazy yet kept pushing his buttons it again and again and again...

Well it's easy to say but can be very hard to do while facing long term harassment. In his shoes maybe we would lost it earlier.

Yes it is but we're not robots so situations should be considered rather than applying the law blindly just in name of the principle, whatever the reasons that made you do it.

More than a month in jail for losing it cause you were the victim of repeated harassment seems quite unfair for me. 

He stopped being the victim when he went to attack.  We are not robots no, but we are human beings who are capable of controlling our emotions.  He didn't have to assault anyone in order to defend himself.
What would it look like if everyone beat people up to left and right when they get provoked and then get released with the provocation as excuse?

Also, if I got it correctly he has had problems with the law before so, if that's true he clearly has some issues to work on.

lego
4 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

they were being provoked. Not saying violence was the answer, but the alleged victims kinda looked for it from what I saw

so justifying violence. “they were following us” is not an excuse for 4 big guys throwing and kicking skinny guy on the ground.

why he didn’t just call the taxi and leave? or call the police? he’s in Sweden as a guest too, he doesn’t own that street. 

FreePalestine

Bellatrix
7 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I'm totally with you on this, but what I also saw through this "video evidence" is that they were being provoked. Not saying violence was the answer, but the alleged victims kinda looked for it from what I saw :shrug: There are tons of people fighting all the time, and yet, do they deserve to end up in jail without a trial? :confused:

Of course celebrities shouldn't get special treatment regarding the law, but they also shouldn't be treated like objects in the street.

He will face trial. He's just being held in custody until then.

elijahfan
1 minute ago, lego said:

so justifying violence. “they were following us” is not an excuse for 4 big guys throwing and kicking skinny guy on the ground.

why he didn’t just call the taxi and leave? or call the police? he’s in Sweden as a guest too, he doesn’t own that street. 

We might not have seen the whole extent of the "exchange", but what I also know is people can get crazy whenever celebrities are involved. Killing your idol crazy. You never know what's happening in people's heads - once again, was he right to get that violent? No. But did he have reasons to be legitimately worried for his wellbeing? Absolutely. And that's the sort of things a trial could clear up, if there actually was a trial...

elijahfan
7 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

He will face trial. He's just being held in custody until then.

Right. But it's true that it does feel like he's already serving a sentence, which is kind of a problem.

Bellatrix
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

Right. But it's true that it does feel like he's already serving a sentence, which is kind of a problem.

I don't see why it's a problem. It's pretty common while waiting for the trial. Is it only a problem when it regards a famous person? 

DoremonLove

Indian law system needs to take notes *cough* salman khan:lolly:

How can anoyone not love gaga

elijahfan
Just now, Bellatrix said:

I don't see why it's a problem. It's pretty common while waiting for the trial. Is it only a problem when it regards a famous person? 

Look, I have no particular reason of defending him: I like some of his music, but wouldn't go as far as saying I'm a fan. I would even say I don't particularly like the man, since I often read bad press about his behavior. I'm literally just reacting to the facts, and while he shouldn't get special treatment for being a celebrity, it seems to me that's he's getting an especially bad treatment here.

The Swedish authorities are afraid he might fly back to the US? Then why isn't he placed on house arrest? He's got money, it's not like he wouldn't be able to find a residence waiting for his trial. I seem to remember other high profile trials where the accused would be held on house arrest in hotels, it doesn't seem unreasonable. I've also read that the Swedish system seems to have a race problem - I'm not familiar with the Swedish law, but I'm European and I can imagine an unfair treatment being at work here.

Archived