Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

It's Official! Avengers Endgame Passes Avatar

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Disney and Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame has passed up James Cameron's 2009 behemoth Avatar to become the top grossing film of all time at the worldwide box office, not adjusted for inflation.

Marvel boss Kevin Feige made it official Saturday at the studio’s Comic-Con panel, announcing Avengers: Endgame is clicking past Avatar‘s $2.7897 billion global box office this weekend to become the biggest film of all time. It took nine years for the record to fall, but it finally happened.

There is currently a gap of $500K in global ticket sales between Avatar and Endgame, and the latter will click past that tomorrow.

“Thanks to you, Avengers: Endgame is the biggest film of all-time,” Feige told Hall H at the top of the Marvel panel.

As of this minute, the global B.O. for Endgame through yesterday stands at $2,789.2 billion. Why are Avatar‘s grosses higher than what’s on Box Office Mojo? Because its global B.O. was updated by Disney/Fox to reflect a small amount of reissue grosses in various territories over the years.

This weekend, Endgame in its 13th weekend, is expected to make an estimated $1.28M from 985 theaters at the domestic box office, putting its running tally at $854.2M.

It only took Endgame 10 days to defeat Titanic‘s lifetime global record. At the domestic box office, Endgame has settled in the No. 2 spot on the all-time list, $82.5M behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ $936.6M.

Full article at Sources:

https://deadline.com/2019/07/avengers-endgame-finally-conquers-king-of-the-world-james-camerons-avatar-to-becoming-the-highest-grossing-film-of-all-time-1202649741/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avengers-endgame-passes-avatar-become-no-1-film-all-time-1225121?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Remember when James Cameron being an ass and mocks superhero movies? Revenge is sweet, my friends! :lmao:

Congrats to Endgame and MCU! YAAAAAASS!! :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Shipper

About time Avatar get surpassed.

infinity war yes GIF

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Yonce Jr

tenor.gif?itemid=8177056

Congrats Marvel:applause::applause:

"If you expected me to lose out of generosity, I'm truly sorry!"

Biagio2103

Well, not surprising considering they did everything they could in order to take over the record. Not deserved though, Endgame isn't even the best film in the whole MCU and was filled with fan service.

I'm only good at being bad

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Biagio2103 said:

Well, not surprising considering they did everything they could in order to take over the record. Not deserved though, Endgame isn't even the best film in the whole MCU and was filled with fan service.

So did Avatar back then. And it's deserved. It is cherry on top for a great first 10 years. :sis:

HausOfMark

Great news!! Much better movie also. Thats right, i said it. Better. 

-Mark

Biagio2103
Just now, RAMROD said:

So did Avatar back then. And it's deserved. It is cherry on top for a great first 10 years. :sis:

Avatar did have a re-release, but didn't need it unlike Endgame to become the highest-grossing film. Besides, Avatar was, at least, an achievement in terms of movie making, Endgame follows the same formula as Infinity War just with a different finale.

I'm only good at being bad

iCpro

Talent lost :neyde: Regardless, what Avatar accomplished was far more impressive than Endgame, which needed 22 movies to propel it to the top, Avatar did it entirely on its own. Furthermore, when all’s said and done Endgame will probably beat the record by no more than $10m, whereas back in 2009 Avatar broke the record by more than $600m.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Gypsy Life

Barely passing a movie 10 years older despite 75325799959860 fraudulent re-releases?

RAMROD
9 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Barely passing a movie 10 years older despite 75325799959860 fraudulent re-releases?

Whatever it takes, hunty

tenor.gif

iCpro

Also can I just add that adjusted for inflation Avatar is still $500m ahead at $3.27b :ohwell:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

RAMROD
31 minutes ago, SEXODUS said:

i wonder how long will it last, with at least 3 avatar sequels on the way

giphy.gif

They have no selling points or fanbase whatsoever :shrug:

They got the 3D glasses gimmick going with the first one. Nobody wants that anymore.

But Disney will make it work. They are too big to fail now.

Reality
8 hours ago, iCpro said:

Talent lost :neyde: Regardless, what Avatar accomplished was far more impressive than Endgame, which needed 22 movies to propel it to the top, Avatar did it entirely on its own. Furthermore, when all’s said and done Endgame will probably beat the record by no more than $10m, whereas back in 2009 Avatar broke the record by more than $600m.

What are you talking about??

The fact that the MCU has lasted this long is a testament of its own merit.  No other studio/franchise has been able to do that.

🖤👹

Archived