Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

It's Official! Avengers Endgame Passes Avatar

RAMROD

Featured Posts

It was a good film :applause:

I was never into super hero movies and I'm still not their biggest fan, but after you have watched all the MCU films just having them all cross over and interact in just one film is amazing. Love the Avengers films :)

and I loved that they have started to break away from the formula of "Hero enters, dangerous end of world scenario, hero wins". 

Queen Bitch
24 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

What are you talking about??

The fact that the MCU has lasted this long is a testament of its own merit.  No other studio/franchise has been able to do that.

What do you mean that is has lasted this long? Lasting 10 years isn't impressive. 

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, August3 said:

What do you mean that is has lasted this long? Lasting 10 years isn't impressive. 

Are you serious? :lmao:

Keeping a franchise for that long and keep its audience infested is impressive feat. How many franchises can do that? I am sure you can count that with your hands. It is not more than 5. Let alone making cash this much. Even their own direct competition have failed to do it. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Queen Bitch
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Are you serious? :lmao:

Keeping a franchise for that long and keep its audience infested is impressive feat. How many franchises can do that? I am sure you can count that with your hands. It is not more than 5. Let alone making cash this much. Even their own direct competition have failed to do it. 

Many franchises have lasted this long. James Bond, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, Halloween, Mission Impossible, Star Trek, X-Men, Terminator, Fast and Furious, Pirates of the Caribbean.

Ally Campana

Congrats but it didn’t feel quite right to me. Avatar came without any franchise. What it did was impressive. EndGame is also spectacular but it was the tipping point of the MCU so, it’s not surprising.

Does it matter? Damage is done

iCpro
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

What are you talking about??

The fact that the MCU has lasted this long is a testament of its own merit.  No other studio/franchise has been able to do that.

Not saying what they’ve accomplished with the MCU isn’t impressive, it is. But that doesn’t change the fact that the success of endgame is due to the fact that it’s the final film in the most successful franchise of all time, and also that it is based on a series of incredibly popular comics that have existed for decades. 

Endgame’s success is a testament to the achievements of the MCU, not to the film itself. 

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Reality
1 hour ago, August3 said:

Please name a franchise that has gotten to the level the MCU has in a continous and consistent time frame.

🖤👹

Reality
46 minutes ago, iCpro said:

Not saying what they’ve accomplished with the MCU isn’t impressive, it is. But that doesn’t change the fact that the success of endgame is due to the fact that it’s the final film in the most successful franchise of all time, and also that it is based on a series of incredibly popular comics that have existed for decades. 

Endgame’s success is a testament to the achievements of the MCU, not to the film itself. 

Well, you could argue that the only reason why Avatar did so well was because of the technology that was used to create it, and let's be honest, that is the reason it did so well. Even though it held the #1 spot for a long time, more than half (probably more than 3/4) of people can't tell you a single detail about who the characters are or what the story is about.

Endgame itself is absolutely spectacular, but that's a subjective matter. You might not think it's all that great, but there are many people out there who think do, and that's also why it's now the #1 grossing movie in history. If the movie was bad, yes, it still would have done incredibly well because of its ties with the MCU brand, but it wouldn't have done $2.7B.

🖤👹

AlexanderMagno

I really don't enjoy Avengers or the Marvel Universe or most superhero movies , but I've seen Endgame and I could tell that it was a fan's dream. In my opinion , it's not bad. I love when the last movie/episode/book of a whole series has that feeling of getting together everyone and gather every element in an epic move.

I'm not a fan of Avatar as well.

So basically congrats, it's kind of great to witness record-breaking moments, on the other hand I'm kind of disgusted by the amount of money involved, but these are the priorities :vegas:

iCpro
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

Well, you could argue that the only reason why Avatar did so well was because of the technology that was used to create it, and let's be honest, that is the reason it did so well. Even though it held the #1 spot for a long time, more than half (probably more than 3/4) of people can't tell you a single detail about who the characters are or what the story is about.

Endgame itself is absolutely spectacular, but that's a subjective matter. You might not think it's all that great, but there are many people out there who think do, and that's also why it's now the #1 grossing movie in history. If the movie was bad, yes, it still would have done incredibly well because of its ties with the MCU brand, but it wouldn't have done $2.7B.

My point is that it’s incredibly easy these days for studios to make billions off film sequels, reboots, adaptations etc. Out of the top 50 highest grossing films, only 6 of them are original films not based on something else (7 if you include Titanic). The MCU is the culmination of this culture of reboots, sequels, crossovers and adaptations that Hollywood has been exploiting to make money. So for an original film like Avatar to not only make more money than all of those films on its own merit, but to beat them all by over $600m, is truly impressive. The success of Endgame is also impressive and should be applauded, but it doesn’t hold a candle to what Avatar achieved.

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Reality
6 minutes ago, iCpro said:

My point is that it’s incredibly easy these days for studios to make billions off film sequels, reboots, adaptations etc. Out of the top 50 highest grossing films, only 6 of them are original films not based on something else (7 if you include Titanic). The MCU is the culmination of this culture of reboots, sequels, crossovers and adaptations that Hollywood has been exploiting to make money. So for an original film like Avatar to not only make more money than all of those films on its own merit, but to beat them all by over $600m, is truly impressive. The success of Endgame is also impressive and should be applauded, but it doesn’t hold a candle to what Avatar achieved.

Well, it's not "incredibly easy" to make a billion dollars for a movie. It might be easier  for bigger studios to hit that mark, but it's certainly not an easy feat. 

And like I said before, the reason why Avatar did so well was because of the technological advancements in that movie. I'm not trying to downplay Avatar's success because obviously it did tremendous, but just as it may be to the MCU's credit that they were working with some notable material, it's also to Avatar's credit that the technology that helped create that film made it become the #1 grossing movie of all time.

It's also not like Marvel was doing extremely well at that time either. You're making sound as though Marvel Comics was just like "well, movies are popular so why don't we just dabble in those?". Marvel was going bankrupt, that's why they sold some of their best franchises (X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, etc.)  to other studios. Iron Man and Captain America were not super popular characters either. They were B-listers at best, so it's not like their movies were a shoo-in to make hundreds of millions of dollars. In fact, many people initially thought that The Incredible Hulk would be the breakout movie for the MCU, not Iron Man. 

🖤👹

Archived