💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Exposed: Live Nation Placing Concert Tickets Directly On Resale Market

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Tickets for Metallica and several other groups were sold directly to the resale market with the co-operation of Live Nation, a new report in Billboard reveals. Fans have long suspected the practice to be prevalent in the music industry—it accounts for the rapid selling-out of high-profile concerts, tickets for which immediately appear at hiked-up prices on secondary sites.

These practices are controversial as they prohibit fans from purchasing tickets at face value through normal channels when they first go on sale. The parties responsible for moving mass quantities of tickets to the resale market are allegedly aware of this controversy.

Live Nation representatives told Billboard that the company has been facilitating the transfer of concert tickets to resale outlets in this manner throughout the years, however they maintain that they have done so only at the request of the touring artist. Artists are technically in control of where their tickets are first sold, however many performers allow other members of their team to make those decisions. However, a representative for Metallica told Billboard that the members themselves were unaware of the practice, as the band had delegated the matter to a man named Tony DiCioccio, who was working with the group as a “ticketing consultant.”

In the phone audio obtained by Billboard, Bob Roux spoke to Outback Presents CEO and chairman Vaughn Millette about the resale strategy for Metallica tickets days before they were meant to go on sale.

Full article at Source: 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8521538/live-nation-resale-market-secretly-recorded-phone-calls-concert-tickets

https://pitchfork.com/news/live-nation-admits-placing-concert-tickets-directly-on-resale-market-report/

Well, there you go, the corporates behind the artists are always the one who fxcks up. :triggered:

Artists really need to be more hands on with these things. But may be hard tho.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LateToCult

Bobby putting JWT tickets on resale after being called bald and useless by stans.

1-A0771-A5-1-E04-455-C-AE2-A-C070-F65386

skaxboy

I have been saying this for years. A show would be on sale for only a few minutes and already I would see a bunch of overpriced “Verified Resale” tickets. I thought it could be scalpers or even Live Nation themselves, but regardless, it’s messed up.

There should be a way for them refund the buyer so that a different person can purchase that ticket at face value. 

There are a good amount of Enigma tickets as Verified resale tickets that are so expensive. 

Lion Heart

CORPORATE HACKS!! 

raj2g66z.jpg

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Babel

Gaga better fix this for her next tour and gives GGD users a presale code 

Babel
Just now, Diente said:

Gaga better fix this for her next tour and gives GGD users a presale code 

Oh wait 

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

LilyLark

Not surprised. And of course Live Nation would try to blame the artist/label/etc....I read the whole story and I'm not even sure I buy it was the Tony guy, the "third party," who deals with Live Nation and the artist—it really seems like it is just Live Nation themselves doing this sh*t and trying to pass the blame on to others. Doesn't Live Nation get a % of the tickets sold? I feel like some artist also called Live Nation out about this years ago, too.

LilyLark
28 minutes ago, skaxboy said:

I have been saying this for years. A show would be on sale for only a few minutes and already I would see a bunch of overpriced “Verified Resale” tickets. I thought it could be scalpers or even Live Nation themselves, but regardless, it’s messed up.

There should be a way for them refund the buyer so that a different person can purchase that ticket at face value. 

There are a good amount of Enigma tickets as Verified resale tickets that are so expensive. 

I can't remember who it was, but I'm fairly sure a big artist years ago said it was Live Nation themselves who did this because they get a percentage of the tickets sold. I suspect it's easier for Live Nation to blame the "third party" that brokers the deals in between the artists & labels and Live Nation—but it honestly makes far more sense for it to be Live Nation themselves and not scalpers, labels, artists, etc. The timing was always way too quick for it to be scalpers.

Artists (and the labels behind them along with their managers, etc.) would prefer to sell out instead of having some tickets left on the market because they were so expensive—sure, the tickets drop the day of most of the time but not everyone is going to come back at that point. Also, some novelists/academics/etc. who go on speaking tours have been dragged because the verified resale tickets are so expensive or have had their events only partially sold out—I really don't believe publishing companies, etc. would participate in this scheme with Live Nation.

misunderstood
24 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Bobby putting JWT tickets on resale after being called bald and useless by stans.

1-A0771-A5-1-E04-455-C-AE2-A-C070-F65386

Bobby is so fine :giveup:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Reginald

Not surprised.

Is it possible that consumers who have bought tickets related to Live Nation events could file a class action lawsuit? Many of us end up spending hundreds of dollars more for these tickets, and if they've been messing with the prices through resellers, we deserve money back 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

RudraCNG

I thought this was widely known. They are trash and I hope they receive a huge fine.

Archived