💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: Beyoncé #1 50K-70K

Miaou

Featured Posts

RoverLoader
2 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

Madame X also had months and month of promotion and didn’t even do THAT much better :huntyga: no one knew about this album until a week ago

Months of promotion? What, Madonna dropping occasional titbits on Instagram? It had no such thing until Medellin was launched. The rest of your statement is rather specious reasoning considering Beyoncé is now KNOWN for dropping albums out of the blue. :trollga:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma
29 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

Months of promotion? What, Madonna dropping occasional titbits on Instagram? It had no such thing until Medellin was launched. The rest of your statement is rather specious reasoning considering Beyoncé is now KNOWN for dropping albums out of the blue. :trollga:

She dropped the Medellin in April, released songs almost every week, performed at the BMA’s and Eurovision, released 3 music videos before the release... there was more promo than tidbits on Instagram.

April to June is 2 months worth of promotion.

RoverLoader
14 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

She dropped the Medellin in April, released songs almost every week, performed at the BMA’s and Eurovision, released 3 music videos before the release... there was more promo than tidbits on Instagram.

April to June is 2 months worth of promotion.

That isn't months and months of promo so please stop exaggerating. 

This is a woefully underperforming debut for new Beyoncé music and you know it. :madge:

LordEnigma
Just now, RoverLoader said:

That isn't months and months of promo so please stop exaggerating. 

This is a woefully underperforming debut for new Beyoncé music and you know it. :madge:

But who cares? Beyoncé is a living legend whose career has spanned two decades and will continue to have ups and downs... Lemonade was the best selling album of 2016. This was a non-event and not her typical promotion. Honestly, I don’t even think many people know this is a Beyoncé album since it’s titled “The Lion King.” If this wasn’t a companion piece to the movie and just a Beyoncé thing - it would probably be much bigger. I remember when 4 came out and people were calling her over and then BEYONCÉ came and catapulted her to new levels.

Also, it’s funny how much the Super Bowl halftime show and A Star Is Born made GGD so cocky... let’s remember how bad our girl had it when she was having a low point.

RoverLoader
7 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

But who cares? Beyoncé is a living legend whose career has spanned two decades and will continue to have ups and downs... Lemonade was the best selling album of 2016. This was a non-event and not her typical promotion. Honestly, I don’t even think many people know this is a Beyoncé album since it’s titled “The Lion King.” If this wasn’t a companion piece to the movie and just a Beyoncé thing - it would probably be much bigger. I remember when 4 came out and people were calling her over and then BEYONCÉ came and catapulted her to new levels.

Also, it’s funny how much the Super Bowl halftime show and A Star Is Born made GGD so cocky... let’s remember how bad our girl had it when she was having a low point.

"Who cares" because Beyoncé is a living legend? Well, isn't Madonna a living legend? Why are you using different criteria too diminish one artists performance against another?  And I don't know why you're downplaying the significance of the Lion King either. It's not like this is some small independent movie. It's a highly anticipated live action remake of one of the best loved animated films of all time and Beyonce is well publicised for doing not only the soundtrack but being one of the main voice actors. The idea that people didn't know about it is absurd. She has much more songs on this soundtrack than Whitney had on the Bodyguard lol and that album is very much considered a Whitney album. Put it like this: a HELL of a lot more people will see the Lion King than saw the BMA's.

I don't know why people can't be objective here? The bottom line is this is a very poor debut. HOWEVER, it very well may have long legs once people see the movie so no it isn't a complete disaster. Beyoncé is only 37 and no she isn't over. This is probably just a blip, but for a star in her prime, it's not anywhere near what one would expect. Having said that, once again I would put a lot of this down to how people consume music these days, rather than beyonce's star waining.

Serial Chiller
6 hours ago, Didymus said:

The Lion King itself is happening :rip:

People just wanna see the movie. Very little people care about Beyoncé being in it or releasing a set of songs on the side. I'm sure most people don't even know about it, and the ones that do will obviously favor the movie soundtrack over this thing :shrug: It's normal. I don't get why everyone's acting like this is something worth talking about. I expected it to sell a lot less :toofunny:

She has like five lines in the movie, this forum needs to relax. Wtf is the point of comparing this to ASIB :air: Completely different scenarios.

lmao no. Before this whole project turned out to be both an artistic (the movie) and commercial flop, Beyonce was entirely at the front of its marketing. It isn’t some cute little project she happened to drop a cameo or a song for. One can argue she had less involvement than Gaga in ASIB, but the downplaying of her part in this movie/ost when it doesn’t turn out as great as the hype is just laughable. 

Literally it was “Beyonce’s The Lion King” as the hive tried to sell it as. 

The reason why everyone is having a field day with this is the hive’s ridicule of Gaga being carried by a movie and an actor and whatnot, while their fave failed to do the exact same thing. 

LordEnigma
5 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

lmao no. Before this whole project turned out to be both an artistic (the movie) and commercial flop, Beyonce was entirely at the front of its marketing. It isn’t some cute little project she happened to drop a cameo or a song for. One can argue she had less involvement than Gaga in ASIB, but the downplaying of her part in this movie/ost when it doesn’t turn out as great as the hype is just laughable. 

Literally it was “Beyonce’s The Lion King” as the hive tried to sell it as. 

The reason why everyone is having a field day with this is the hive’s ridicule of Gaga being carried by a movie and an actor and whatnot, while their fave failed to do the exact same thing. 

Are saying the movie is only an artistic flop? Cause if you mean the movie is also a commercial flop - that’s completely incorrect 

Lilmonzter

Well I hope this will pick up in the upcoming weeks! :ally:

Sing C'est la vie 

doppelganger

The soundtrack actually did better than I expected. Why?

These songs are not featured in the film, which is a shame. I liked the film a lot, but honestly it didn't offer anything new. Placing songs and instruments from The Gift would at least make the film more interesting, compared to Hans Zimmers recycled stuff. Having two soundtracks for a film is confusing. 

Biden Harris 2024

Well, well. So many of those fanbases would kill for ARTGODS numbers. Karma is such a beautiful thing :kara:

Didymus
3 hours ago, Serial Chiller said:

lmao no. Before this whole project turned out to be both an artistic (the movie) and commercial flop, Beyonce was entirely at the front of its marketing. It isn’t some cute little project she happened to drop a cameo or a song for.

:what:

Her name appeared literally at the end of every trailer. She had a promotional cast picture taken like everyone else. Like... no, you're wrong. She was not at the front of the movie's marketing campaign at all :rip:

It was just deluded Bey stans who talked like that. And now LMs :madge:

I get that Bey stans caused frustration but I don't see the point of trying to fight delusion with delusion :emma:

Didymus
9 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's essentially a new Beyonce album

Wrong.

Seeing it as that and evaluating her success accordingly is just a mistake :smh: Beyoncé didn't promote it as her new album, in fact the way she talked about it made it seem like she wasn't even going to appear on it except with Spirit.

The truth is: this album was barely promoted and no one really knew what it was until the tracklist was announced (and who but pop forum stans cares about that). It still has that "what is it", "why do we need it" aura attached to it because there's also a real soundtrack (with Spirit on it, I might add) and there's the 1994 soundtrack people are still listening to. It's a pretty unique situation.

9 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Beyonce is supposed to be the best in every respect, according to her fans and the critics. All her albums go to #1 with great numbers. She sells out stadium tours. She owns live performances. She's considered an icon and legend. When someone is this hyped, I want to see some evidence to back up the claims. And post-Lemonade, Beyonce's been on a big downfall.

Commercially but not in any other respect :huh: Definitely not in terms of public respect and overall legacy :oprah: She's still slaying. She's reached a point in her career where literally no one but obsessed forum stans care about whether she sells music or not. She's established more than anyone else and is still beating all of her competition with acclaim, accolades, awards, etc. :rip:

You choose where you try to find evidence to back up claims about her being an icon and a legend. I try to find it in the quality of her work and the public/critical appreciation for it. If you try to find it in the sales of a second soundtrack inspired by the original soundtrack of an iconic movie that she barely promoted and is in fact not promoted as a new Beyoncé album then that's your choice but I don't think it's a good one :flop:

Archived