💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: Beyoncé #1 50K-70K

Miaou

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation

People don’t like having their childhoods messed with - if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I don’t think the public will forgive this spectacle of self-aggrandisement. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark

It was a bizarre release strategy tbh—they should have dropped Spirit, along with a MV, the Thursday before last. People also had no idea there would be so much new music.

Didymus
23 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

Sis, this whole post is so arbitrary and a bit of a stretch. Just take the loss.

If you guys really think sales numbers no one outside stan forums has ever even heard of trump her widely acknowledged achievements of the last couple of years then... :air: The delusion is real is all I'm gonna say.

Didymus
28 minutes ago, Taide said:

And everything Beyonce touches is automatically critically acclaimed

Yeah ok not responding to that complete and utter horsesh-t of an argument :madge:

Didymus
32 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

The excuses and deflection... so transparent :toofunny:

Those aren't excuses or deflection. I'm just not agreeing that she's been "bombing" three times in a row :oprah: I'm genuinely shocked there are people out there who think so.

ASIB made you guys way too ****ing brave omg.

Didymus
33 minutes ago, nikola said:

It's obvious that you are Beyonce stan and that you will attack anyone in this thread.

Beyonce was supposed to be music giant in America, at least that's what bees are telling everyone... so I expected bigger numbers from America's music "goddess" 

Attack? :laughga: Ok girl.

I'm just sitting here expecting bigger numbers from the actual movie soundtrack and somehow Bey managed to trump those numbers :ladyhaha: How convenient that you guys fail to acknowledge that.

It's ok to expect bigger numbers, I'm not denying these numbers aren't impressive :rip: I'm just saying this is no sign of her "decaying", declining or flopping. That's literally it.

Sneaky Oliver

Why are you guys desperately trying to bring Beyoncé down? Seriously. Why do we have to do this to all female artists?! Everyone is struggling. Just calm down a bit. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Taide
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Yeah ok not responding to that complete and utter horsesh-t of an argument :madge:

How mature of you. Take the L and go. 

LilyLark
44 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Attack? :laughga: Ok girl.

I'm just sitting here expecting bigger numbers from the actual movie soundtrack and somehow Bey managed to trump those numbers :ladyhaha: How convenient that you guys fail to acknowledge that.

It's ok to expect bigger numbers, I'm not denying these numbers aren't impressive :rip: I'm just saying this is no sign of her "decaying", declining or flopping. That's literally it.

I kind of wonder if a lot of the posters who talk about Bey flopping aren't based in the US.  Because while she is massive in the US and a cultural icon (even if TLK numbers aren't that impressive)—there is some truth that she doesn't have the overseas, non US market success like Rihanna, Adele, etc. If you are based in a country where her cultural icon status doesn't really come into play, the constant US media adoration (of course, she deals with some terrible racism too) in context with her numbers (which are often impressive, but not on the same level as Taylor) can seem very odd. For example, in my Mom's native country Rihanna is far and away the most famous artist (domestic or foreign) and Adele and Gaga are also the big "foreign" artists. Taylor and Bey don't make much of an impact. Some of my relatives are like "is she really that famous?" when they see the way journalists act about Bey on twitter, etc.

Of course, this is most likely just petty stan bickering (and as bad as lm can be most stan groups do this)...at least it is on GGD and not twitter where it would get Gaga dragged. I honestly don't get making everything a competition, though, when it comes to women artists.

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

I actually thought that The Gift would perform better than the soundtrack because its all original music and Beyonce's on almost all the tracks. It's essentially a new Beyonce album, so naturally, I thought with all her star power and fans, she'd outsell the soundtrack (nobody wants to hear inferior 2019 renditions of classics) easily. To think she may not even have enough fans behind her to give her a 100k opening week when her last two solo albums sold upwards of 600k in their debut weeks respectively is mindblowing. Beyonce is supposed to be the best in every respect, according to her fans and the critics. All her albums go to #1 with great numbers. She sells out stadium tours. She owns live performances. She's considered an icon and legend. When someone is this hyped, I want to see some evidence to back up the claims. And post-Lemonade, Beyonce's been on a big downfall. Her collab album with Jay bombed (was beaten out to #1 by 5SOS of all people) and even the fans didn't seem to acknowledge it and moved on from it. Just because it won a Grammy (these two win Grammies because of who they are alone, let's be real) doesn't mean anyone really cared or thought it deserving. The Homecoming live album, I wasn't even aware of, its charting worldwide was atrocious and couldn't even sell 40k in its debut week and again, has been largely forgotten about. This album is the third nail in the coffin for Beyonce's image as a huge album seller. Her next solo album will decide for me where she's truly going because it looks like the public gets over her more and more every year. This image she has of being the most powerful woman in the industry is under serious threat. Taylor and Adele (even Gaga currently) outsell her so it's actually false to say she's the most powerful woman in the industry, yet that's what the world wants you to believe.

51 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I kind of wonder if a lot of the posters who talk about Bey flopping aren't based in the US.  Because while she is massive in the US and a cultural icon (even if TLK numbers aren't that impressive)—there is some truth that she doesn't have the overseas, non US market success like Rihanna, Adele, etc. If you are based in a country where her cultural icon status doesn't really come into play, the constant US media adoration (of course, she deals with some terrible racism too) in context with her numbers (which are often impressive, but not on the same level as Taylor) can seem very odd. For example, in my Mom's native country Rihanna is far and away the most famous artist (domestic or foreign) and Adele and Gaga are also the big "foreign" artists. Taylor and Bey don't make much of an impact. Some of my relatives are like "is she really that famous?" when they see the way journalists act about Bey on twitter, etc.

That's a big part of it. I'm from the UK and while there is a big market for Beyonce here, she is nowhere near as successful, music sales-wise, as she was from 2003-2010. I was shocked to see how low Lemonade's UK sales were (387k to date) yet that was enough to sell out a stadium tour (Gaga sold over 200k with ARTPOP and she got an arena tour with sales nowhere near Beyonce's level). Beyonce's PR is next level, she's built up to be the biggest star in the world but I've found that the reality never lives up the image. If you actually look at the data, there's people outselling her but she's not held up as a flop the way that similar performing artists are. For most other singers, if their lead single doesn't go #1, they're starting to be cited as on their way out. Beyonce barely scrapes one top ten per album and she's called the biggest in the world. It's not fair to other artists and it makes no sense.

FameHookah

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

WTF is MDNA

Ok but why are this week’s sales so low :poot: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Gagaplayer315

I'm living for this tragedy, her fans have been using 'fad' for so long and now they can call their fave one, what a moment

party hello GIF by The Voice UK

Archived