💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: Beyoncé #1 50K-70K

Miaou

Featured Posts

Didymus
Just now, Mirages said:

Well the old soundtrack is better :huntyga: I didn't like Can You Feel The Love Tonight in the new movie like at all even though Bey's vocals were on point and smooth as butter...Maybe because I'm so used to the original, idk...So I'd rather buy Bey's album then the new soundtrack...Most of all the original soundtrack, though I have that so there's really no point :ladyhaha:

Same :wtf: That new soundtrack is garbage :air: I mean... not garbage but yeah, the original version are just better :rip: Such a weird release.

And yeah, you're right, most people already have that original soundtrack anyway. I'm just waiting for this remake madness to be over :madge:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
Just now, Taide said:

3rd bomb in a row. She should go back to making her projects Tidal exclusive :giggle:

What were the other two? :what:

• Admin changed the title to HDD: Beyoncé #1 50K-70K
Mirages
Just now, Didymus said:

Same :wtf: That new soundtrack is garbage :air: I mean... not garbage but yeah, the original version are just better :rip: Such a weird release.

And yeah, you're right, most people already have that original soundtrack anyway. I'm just waiting for this remake madness to be over :madge:

Yep we need new original movies...I feel like the industry is actually dying...All you see is remakes or super hero movies (all following the same template). Where are the times when there were actually great new movies coming out :diane:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Govhooka
21 minutes ago, adammonroe said:

And what is wrong about celebrating your heritage? If you don't like black people being proud of who they are then just say it and go. The movie storyline happens to develop in Africa, where most people are black and is where most black people came from to America in the past as SLAVES, and they keep being treated like **** so yeah, Beyoncé producing an album wity rythms inspired by African tribes is something nice and liberating from black people. 

Beyoncé takes her **** serious AF. Just because she didn't sell 1M first week doesn't mean she's over or whatever, watch B7 break records like her past 2 albums did. 

I'm 100% black so go run that heritage bs elsewhere. The lion King has absolutely nothing to do with race. She's just doing all of this just to get awards nothing new here. Janelle monae last album talked about black rights, black culture, racism and black stereotypes and it was swept under the  rug. So please don't act like Beyonce is the only one that cares about black heritage 

Didymus
Just now, Taide said:

EIL and Homecoming

By the numbers maybe but... "bomb" seems a bit much :air: EIL was acclaimed and was honored as part of the year's best by almost every major music publication. It also won a Grammy :oprah: Like, that album has a legacy that is worth more than first week sales.

Same with Homecoming. Arguably the most iconic live release of the decade. With it being released on Netflix, did anyone think the soundtrack was gonna slay? :rip:

So I say a reach :queenga: Her last solo album promoted as a Beyoncé album beat Joanne with more than double the amount of sales in the same year :flop: Without another solo album release it's pointless to try to evaluate her commercial trajectory compared to another pop star.

Widows Kiss
4 minutes ago, Didymus said:

By the numbers maybe but... "bomb" seems a bit much :air: EIL was acclaimed and was honored as part of the year's best by almost every major music publication. It also won a Grammy :oprah: Like, that album has a legacy that is worth more than first week sales.

Same with Homecoming. Arguably the most iconic live release of the decade. With it being released on Netflix, did anyone think the soundtrack was gonna slay? :rip:

So I say a reach :queenga: Her last solo album promoted as a Beyoncé album beat Joanne with more than double the amount of sales in the same year :flop: Without another solo album release it's pointless to try to evaluate her commercial trajectory compared to another pop star.

The excuses and deflection... so transparent :toofunny:

nikola
42 minutes ago, Didymus said:

The Lion King itself is happening :rip:

People just wanna see the movie. Very little people care about Beyoncé being in it or releasing a set of songs on the side. I'm sure most people don't even know about it, and the ones that do will obviously favor the movie soundtrack over this thing :shrug: It's normal. I don't get why everyone's acting like this is something worth talking about. I expected it to sell a lot less :toofunny:

She has like five lines in the movie, this forum needs to relax. Wtf is the point of comparing this to ASIB :air: Completely different scenarios.

It's obvious that you are Beyonce stan and that you will attack anyone in this thread.

Beyonce was supposed to be music giant in America, at least that's what bees are telling everyone... so I expected bigger numbers from America's music "goddess" 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Taide
Just now, Didymus said:

EIL has legacy where? It literally followed the trap/urban trend and bombed despite following Lemonade. And everything Beyonce touches is automatically critically acclaimed thanks to her mentally ill fanbase that's ready to defend her to hell and back. Has that album even reached 100K pure sales nor is it remembered today? Even her fanbase won't claim that album. 

And you're really comparing Lemonade, an album following her succesful ST album and the whole cheating controversy to an album that came after C2C and ARTPOP as an non event.

Ma'am.. take the L. 3 bombs in a row don't make a smash. I was told by the Hive that every soundtrack is bound to smash and sell 7M SPS WW but look how the tables have turned.

mariomania1234
12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Sis, this whole post is so arbitrary and a bit of a stretch. Just take the loss.

nikola

Let's wait and see how her next SOLO album will do... And then we will see will the bees buzz 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Archived