💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: Beyoncé #1 50K-70K

Miaou

Featured Posts

Widows Kiss
2 minutes ago, adammonroe said:

Beyoncé can still sell out stadiums and have cultural impact. She has a huge fan base and a lot of respect to her name. I love Xtina but please, Beyoncé is at the top while Xtina can barely get a top 50.

Where is that huge fan base you speak of when The Gift struggles to sell past 20k pure? Liberation literally debuted with with bigger numbers.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enzo

the hive in ATRL saying it is because of racism :air:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

adamsenigma
4 minutes ago, Govhooka said:

These number are tragic no way around it.  The album came out the same day as the movie so it's no excuse. Beyoncé is supposed to be God of the music industry. Her fans calls everything a flop because Beyonce always had big 1St week #'s.  Beyoncé made lion King about her the movie is no longer about lions.  The movie already had why she felt the need to make another soundtrack. Oh that's right to push I'm proud to be black narrative. I had no idea lions had different races 

And what is wrong about celebrating your heritage? If you don't like black people being proud of who they are then just say it and go. The movie storyline happens to develop in Africa, where most people are black and is where most black people came from to America in the past as SLAVES, and they keep being treated like **** so yeah, Beyoncé producing an album wity rythms inspired by African tribes is something nice and liberating from black people. 

Beyoncé takes her **** serious AF. Just because she didn't sell 1M first week doesn't mean she's over or whatever, watch B7 break records like her past 2 albums did. 

Didymus
1 minute ago, Mirages said:

Black Panther The Album did 154k... Beyoncé is regarded as a bigger icon than Kendrick Lamar so how is it that that album did so much better? 

Again: Black Panther was an original film. All Disney fans care about is the original Lion King songs :shrug: The numbers of the original soundtrack from 1994 are gonna be crazy too. No one cares that much about Bey's distraction, and that's completely normal :rip: We're talking about the most iconic Disney movie ever, no one's talking about friggin' Beyoncé in it :air: She barely has two minutes of dialogue.

You guys just bought into her delusional stans setting this up as a "Beyoncé movie" when it's not. No one gives a ****. They give a **** about her (cue Homecoming) but not with this release. She's not that important rn. That's a great reality check for her fans but it doesn't mean she's doing horribly :smh:

ElectricKing

Why does everyone come on here to drag Bey - yet when someone drags Taylor Swift the whole world has ended.

Damn, double standards much.

And it's always the.same.friggin.people.

adamsenigma
2 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

Where is that huge fan base you speak of when The Gift struggles to sell past 20k pure? Liberation literally debuted with with bigger numbers.

That fanbase is actually getting Beyoncé to sell stadiums and streaming HER albums, The Gift is not even considered a normal album, it's just a promotional one aimed to African-american culture. 

Liberation might have debuted with "higher numbers" (?) but did anyone care the next day? Did any of Xtina songs had any cultural impact or relevancy in general? Could she be able to sell out a stadium? I think we all know the answer. 

Mirages
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Again: Black Panther was an original film. All Disney fans care about is the original Lion King songs :shrug: The numbers of the original soundtrack from 1994 are gonna be crazy too. No one cares that much about Bey's distraction, and that's completely normal :rip: We're talking about the most iconic Disney movie ever, no one's talking about friggin' Beyoncé in it :air: She barely has two minutes of dialogue.

You guys just bought into her delusional stans setting this up as a "Beyoncé movie" when it's not. No one gives a ****. They give a **** about her (cue Homecoming) but not with this release. She's not that important rn. That's a great reality check for her fans but it doesn't mean she's doing horribly :smh:

I didn't say she was doing horribly I'm just curious why yall trying to defend her...Everybody talks about her having so much star power, the movie is being promoted everywhere, as you said it's the most iconic Disney movie and the soundtrack got rave reviews. When you put it all together shouldn't it be doing much better? Homecoming didn't do so good either. I'm not trying to discredit her, but the way she's been talked about you'd think she would pull some really big numbers. And when you look back lately soundtracks been doing very well (Black Panther, ASIB, Greatest Showman, Bohemian Rhapsody)....I'm just shoched how low the numbers are and don't understand why I expected at least 150k 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Andreu
5 minutes ago, PinkPop said:

Why does everyone come on here to drag Bey - yet when someone drags Taylor Swift the whole world has ended.

Damn, double standards much.

And it's always the.same.friggin.people.

we can drag taylor equally next time :vegas:

Luke78619
23 minutes ago, Enzo said:

according to Hive in ATRL it's because Bradley Cooper ksksksks

We all know Bey’s album is only selling because of Billy Eichner’s features :derpga:

8 minutes ago, Enzo said:

the hive in ATRL saying it is because of racism :air:

I- :air: how did they change excuses so drastically in the span of 15 mins lol

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

Enzo

loving how the hive was like

It's going to smash

and now that is not smashing they are like

what were you expecting? it's not an actual album, the music is not appealing

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Enzo

loving how the hive was like

It's going to smash

and now that is not smashing they are like

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Mirages said:

I didn't say she was doing horribly I'm just curious why yall trying to defend her...

I always resented her doing this movie so I'm not defending her in general, I just get annoyed seeing the fans actively enjoy what they imagine to be another artist's downfall (which it's not) just because some fans of another fanbase frustrated them a little :madge: It's so childish.

3 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Everybody talks about her having so much star power, the movie is being promoted everywhere, as you said it's the most iconic Disney movie and the soundtrack got rave reviews. When you put it all together shouldn't it be doing much better? Homecoming didn't do so good either. I'm not trying to discredit her, but the way she's been talked about you'd think she would pull some really big numbers. And when you look back lately soundtracks been doing very well (Black Panther, ASIB, Greatest Showman, Bohemian Rhapsody)....I'm just shoched how low the numbers are and don't understand why I expected at least 150k  

I'm not sure why it's not doing better :oprah: As you can tell from the numbers, it's still selling more than the actual movie soundtrack and tbh I was more shocked by that than Bey's numbers but I'm not surprised no one's talking about that here since all y'all people care about is Bey and not the actual movie like 99% of the population :lmao:

The Gift is literally selling more than the actual soundtrack :air: That's bizarre. I just think it's a general sign of the audience's lack of interest in the reimagining of the music. They just wanna hear the old songs and compare them to the new ones in the movie but that doesn't mean they'll buy the new album. Most likely they'll just go ahead and listen to the 1994 album.

So that's where I think the situation differs from the other movies you mentioned. All everyone cares about with this movie release is 1994 nostalgia. People probably have an active resistance against everything that's "new" about this movie because the original is so iconic :shrug:

Didymus
8 minutes ago, Enzo said:

That's not true though. The public's eating it up :emma: I've seen nothing but rave reviews. Somehow it's just not translating into commercial success (yet) but, again, the most anticipated release of 2019 (the movie, not the soundtracks) is a hard thing to beat.

I can't at those Bey stans thinking she was gonna slay though :lmao: Like, come on. This is not her moment. It can't be.

Mirages
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I always resented her doing this movie so I'm not defending her in general, I just get annoyed seeing the fans actively enjoy what they imagine to be another artist's downfall (which it's not) just because some fans of another fanbase frustrated them a little :madge: It's so childish.

I'm not sure why it's not doing better :oprah: As you can tell from the numbers, it's still selling more than the actual movie soundtrack and tbh I was more shocked by that than Bey's numbers but I'm not surprised no one's talking about that here since all y'all people care about is Bey and not the actual movie like 99% of the population :lmao:

The Gift is literally selling more than the actual soundtrack :air: That's bizarre. I just think it's a general sign of the audience's lack of interest in the reimagining of the music. They just wanna hear the old songs and compare them to the new ones in the movie but that doesn't mean they'll buy the new album. Most likely they'll just go ahead and listen to the 1994 album.

So that's where I think the situation differs from the other movies you mentioned. All everyone cares about with this movie release is 1994 nostalgia. People probably have an active resistance against everything that's "new" about this movie because the original is so iconic :shrug:

I don't really care for these fan wars, it's dumb and childish. 

Well the old soundtrack is better :huntyga: I didn't like Can You Feel The Love Tonight in the new movie like at all even though Bey's vocals were on point and smooth as butter...Maybe because I'm so used to the original, idk...So I'd rather buy Bey's album then the new soundtrack...Most of all the original soundtrack, though I have that so there's really no point :ladyhaha:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

• Admin changed the title to HDD: Beyoncé #1 50K-70K

Archived