💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: Beyoncé #1 50K-70K

Miaou

Featured Posts

Didymus

Also, did y'all forget about Dreamgirls? :lmao: That soundtrack (incl. Listen) iconically bombed and the movie didn't do that great either. The media were having a riot with her failing to snatch any awards with Hudson trampling all over her unexpectedly :ladyhaha:

What happened later? Listen became an iconic ballad over the years and Bey's next solo era was a commercial triumph :shrug:

These side projects have never defined her success. Bey is a force in the industry and doesn't have to rely on the potential success of a movie to stay in the game. People don't measure her legacy by commerce but by respect and talent :madge:

This Lion King **** is just like P!nk's You+Me project or Rihanna's Sledgehammer or her role in and music for Home which all BOMBED. Stuff like that is not going to magically create appeal because it's not part of their brand but at the same time that lack of appeal does not define their success :awkney: People check in and out of a comfortably and solidly cemented legacy. People wanna listen to a Beyoncé album and see her live, that doesn't mean listen to her live albums on Spotify or run to the stores to buy her "songs inspired by the 2019 remake of the iconic 1994 animated classic which already has its set of iconic songs" soundtrack :smh: But that doesn't mean she's declining.

The only way we can track her actual success is by looking at her solo album sales which are consistent and in line with the movements of the industry so far. Her next album will shed more light on her status as a commercially successful artist. Until then, y'all should shut the hell up and not get bothered so much by delusional af Bey stans :rip:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GhettoFabulous

What’s happening it’s like sales are just getting worse. Also ya’ll celebrating let’s wait for LG6 :lana::awkney:

A Hybrid
13 minutes ago, GhettoFabulous said:

What’s happening it’s like sales are just getting worse. Also ya’ll celebrating let’s wait for LG6 :lana::awkney:

I’m expecting LG6 to have a similar success to Sweetener, one top 3 hit (ntltc), another radio hit (giaw) and the album sales should be above average for a #1. Like Ariana did somewhere around 270k first week I think.

No family’s safe when I sashay

GhettoFabulous
1 hour ago, A Hybrid said:

I’m expecting LG6 to have a similar success to Sweetener, one top 3 hit (ntltc), another radio hit (giaw) and the album sales should be above average for a #1. Like Ariana did somewhere around 270k first week I think.

Girl you’re expecting a lot lmao :poot: I mean this is Gaga’s team but let’s hope for the best :poot:

A Hybrid
13 minutes ago, GhettoFabulous said:

Girl you’re expecting a lot lmao :poot: I mean this is Gaga’s team but let’s hope for the best :poot:

ASIB outpeaked my expectations though :shrug: I just want LG6 to be a pop album to be remembered

No family’s safe when I sashay

the hive and that overrated singer can now have a seat

ThisGuyTony

Bey fans were saying ASIB only sold 231k cause the movie was massive with a $42.9 million opening. :shocked:

TLK has opened with $185 million, almost 5 times more than ASIB, so barely selling a quarter of ASIB's opening numbers is surprising. :deadbanana:

StrawberryBlond
On 7/21/2019 at 7:28 PM, Karl said:

Low key forgot you could even buy music anymore. Music sales were a much bigger deal back then, and to compare to ASIB isn't really a like for like when that album sold off the back of a successful single and promotional campaign, not to mention most of the songs were actually in the film whereas Beyoncé has released an album full of African inspired music, most of which isn't very mainstream sounding. I mean the fact you said the music video has 17mil views and 800k likes on it says more about her success than any sales do for me as that is the main source of music consumption nowadays, with most people under 30 anyway. ASIB appealed to older people, middle aged etc who had seen the originals and love a soppy love ballad, they are the kind of people who actually still buy music so of course the album sold better, not to mention it came out around the start of the Christmas period and carried on through that. I constantly see you in Beyoncé threads trying to eloquently explain why she's a flop through paragraphs of rambling about sales figures and stuff its tiring, if you don't like Beyoncé that's fine and you are more than welcome to express your opinion but I do find it a bit much sometimes :saladga:

If anything, the fact it's all original songs should help it sell more because the average person will be like "I'm not paying for inferior reworked songs but I'll pay for new material." Granted, yes, music consumption is very different nowadays but ASIB was only released last year, so I don't get why you're saying this as if the comparison is significant. We saw Black Panther's soundtrack be successful, in both album and individual singles despite appealing to the young and being very directed at a specific audience and I like The Gift is totally trying to replicate the same thing but isn't being paid the same attention. I'm not genuinely holding it against Beyonce for lower sales, if it were anyone else, I wouldn't care but this is the singer for whom her fans and the media big up as the most influential woman in the game right now, who we're told smashes it when it comes to sales. When I see the reality not live up to the claims, I just want to call it out. If you don't like my opinions, you also have the right to feel that way, but there's no need to even state it, just don't read them. If you say I've got the right to express how I feel, why do you feel you have the right to criticise me for doing just that? I know what I say isn't for everyone, I'm not demanding everyone think the same way I do. I just don't like to made to feel stupid for having an opinion, especially when it's backed up with evidence.

8 hours ago, Didymus said:

Or they're not interested in purchasing this specific product :ohwell: Its target audience is confused, it narrows in on an African-American audience (like Homecoming) that alienates white listeners, and the whole release is confused with the simultaneous release of the actual movie soundtrack (which is actually flopping, doing worse than The Gift) which is also not garnering a lot of public interest because that public simply favors the original 1994 version which everyone already bought in the past :shrug: The whole appeal of this Lion King release is 1994 nostalgia. Everything that's new and different about this film is not automatically going to spark interest, in fact, it might work oppositely.

This is a specific situation that's, imo, not right to generalize as a sign that the public appeal for Beyoncé is fading. You claim yourself that people were hyped for Beyoncé and then a few sentences later you claim they're falling out of love for her. That's a contradiction you didn't even notice because you're trying to do two things simultaneously: prove that The Gift is bombing exactly because she's a big name that people care about and disprove the idea that people care about Beyoncé :emma: It can't be both. If people care about Beyoncé but are not buying this product, then there are extraneous circumstances that should be identified (like the ones I outlined above).

You can read my reply above to sum up my feelings on it. I don't see it as a contradiction. When I said people were hyped, I mean just the fans and media, but that's not to say that those people will buy it. Plenty of people claim to support an artist but then don't actually buy the music even if they like it (even I do that sometimes). I'm just trying to say that not every supporter is as loyal as they claim and sales like this show that. And it's also a case of people assuming Beyonce's bigger than she is purely because that's the image she's garnered for herself but these sales show that image doesn't always hold up.

15 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

If anything, the fact it's all original songs should help it sell more because the average person will be like "I'm not paying for inferior reworked songs but I'll pay for new material." Granted, yes, music consumption is very different nowadays but ASIB was only released last year, so I don't get why you're saying this as if the comparison is significant. We saw Black Panther's soundtrack be successful, in both album and individual singles despite appealing to the young and being very directed at a specific audience and I like The Gift is totally trying to replicate the same thing but isn't being paid the same attention. I'm not genuinely holding it against Beyonce for lower sales, if it were anyone else, I wouldn't care but this is the singer for whom her fans and the media big up as the most influential woman in the game right now, who we're told smashes it when it comes to sales. When I see the reality not live up to the claims, I just want to call it out. If you don't like my opinions, you also have the right to feel that way, but there's no need to even state it, just don't read them. If you say I've got the right to express how I feel, why do you feel you have the right to criticise me for doing just that? I know what I say isn't for everyone, I'm not demanding everyone think the same way I do. I just don't like to made to feel stupid for having an opinion, especially when it's backed up with evidence.

You can read my reply above to sum up my feelings on it. I don't see it as a contradiction. When I said people were hyped, I mean just the fans and media, but that's not to say that those people will buy it. Plenty of people claim to support an artist but then don't actually buy the music even if they like it (even I do that sometimes). I'm just trying to say that not every supporter is as loyal as they claim and sales like this show that. And it's also a case of people assuming Beyonce's bigger than she is purely because that's the image she's garnered for herself but these sales show that image doesn't always hold up.

Fair play 

Archived