💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Gaga Inspired Godsmack’s New Song.

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Didymus
16 hours ago, Musicisfreedom said:

I actually find the pop community to be more misogynist compared to the metal scene, as an active member of both. While maybe from the outside world metal may seem a little more misogynist, I find the body shaming, ageism, and constant pitting women against each other in the pop world to be absolutely ridiculous. Stan culture in the pop mainstream world has become cyber bullying even against the artists. Also, many people who work behind the scenes in the metal world are incredible women, whereas the pop world is misogynist  greedy men. There are many more examples, too. Many people have misconceptions about metalheads, and in reality we are just music lovers. There are a few bad apples here  and there and can get very elitist in certain scenes, but as far as misogyny goes, pop fans have metalheads beat by far.

I couldn't agree more.

Metalheads do bump heads often but it's almost always about the quality of the music and never about personalities. There's a certain snobbishness  and elitism like you said about a lot of online metal communities that I don't always enjoy but even then, it's miles apart from the "stan wars" on pop forums :air: I haven't seen a single misogynistic incident in all of my years as a metalhead (since age 12 so that's 14 years now), in fact the women involved in metal bands always seem to get the same amount of respect as their male counterparts.

Ironically, the more "mainstream" a metal band is the more their fanbase looks like a pop fan community :lmao: I'm sure there's a link somewhere :emma: Like, with bands like Epica and Nightwish (which, not coincidentally are female fronted) there are definitely those same elements of stan wars and "you can't say anything negative about them!!!" vibes that are really uncharacteristic of most metal fanbases :oprah: So that's interesting.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived