💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Madonna - Batuka

DiamondKing

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin
28 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Nothing actually. It's not cultural appropriation as I said in my edit: she's not pretending to be a batukadeira or wearing similar clothing, she's there as a fictional character (Madame X) in a act of appreciation of the music and art they make.

Are you even from Cape Verde? Or Portugal? seriously 

Madonna frolics by the beach with black people during the day then heads back to her literal castle at night after making millions off a whitewashed synth voice mess of a Batuka song. 

I'm from Puerto Rico. A place that has a similar African drum sound as Batuka with our Plena. I'm not even that mad now, but I'd be livid if she served this whitewashed mess of a song as Plena. 

What's next for her a ranchera produced by Diplo?:laughga:

16 minutes ago, Hexxx said:

I'm black and this is the correct way to borrow from someone else's culture by INCLUDING them in this masterpiece. THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE!

It's not a masterpiece. It's a Mess-terpiece. You don't speak for everyone. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheBatman

She isnt stealing from another culture and passing it off as her own, she isnt ignoring the history and origins of the music,  and she is collaborating with people of the culture and sharing their story. This is not cultural appropriation if you think it is you dont understand what that means. 

the mv is really nice but man that song is horrible. Her voice has literally been destroyed by age and by robotic effects. 

LUO YI
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

You don't speak for everyone. 

You said it yourself. 

The night sky tells all

sillynate

For all of you saying she’s appropriating cultures, lemme just say she’s informed me and many others of so many things with this song/album. 

She honored the genres of music and is showing it to the rest of the world. More than likely, I would’ve never heard of Fado or Batuque or all these other genres she heard in Portugal. Now I’ve heard new music and it’s soooooo inspiring I’m not even kidding. My favorite is the percussion instruments in Come Alive and Back That Up that are made from the shackles that slaves were bound to. They sound so beautiful. I feel bad because I forgot the name :( I need to watch the Madame X doc again

But anyway, it’s not like she made a song about m*st*rb*t*ng with obvious musical influences from somewhere else in the world and didn’t explain where it came from :giggle: that seems more like cultural appropriation to me :giggle: I can still bop to that song though... if you can pick up what I’m putting down :teehee:

JusKeepBreathin
25 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

You said it yourself. 

Girl yes, that's what an opinon is. I didn't qualify it by saying, "I'm black therefore," or "I'm a minority therefore." I know I don't speak for everyone. 

I only said where I am from quoting someone asking about it and my opinion on why the song is ridiculous based on my cultural history and ethnicity. 

Now stop quoting me. I have no intention to give this train wreck of a song anymore power over me. I will gladly skip over it, Medellin and Crave when I listen to Madame X. I don't have to love everything she does nor do I have to hate everything she does just because I don't like certain songs.  :ohwell:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

RoverLoader

Imagine being so ****ing miserable and begrudging that you can't even enjoy a beautifully shot video and have to invent an issue to complain about. I'm glad I'm not so ****ing bitter.:madge::what:

Enzo
4 hours ago, Hexxx said:

She's still waiting for Anitta :air:

She needs to throw that cachaca away and meet Madonna already :grr:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Joshua James

even tho it didn't appear in this, the fact that Batuka wasn't gives hope for Annita

WARHOL KIDS

Anderson123

Lol I just came back to this thread to see of course another mess about cultural appropiation because it's the new thing to be offended about. Get the **** over it guys.

insight

Unless someone from cabo verde complains about cultural appropriation, you all better keep your mouths shut. This whole social warrior mentality is messed up.

JustHMLover
13 hours ago, Knife said:

Wow, you really showed those "stupid trolls."

There's no story to be told other than Madonna shamelessly using another culture and people as the backdrop and props for her own means AGAIN.

..Never mind that the song is an auto tuned pile of trash.

13 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I am pretty much insulted. Isn't this the definition of cultural appropriation?

It isn't even Batuka. More like basura.

you are all allowed to have your wrong opinions  :reductive:

Archived