💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Madonna - Batuka

DiamondKing

Featured Posts

Knife
1 hour ago, JustHMLover said:

u stupid trolls probably didn't even watch the thing, don't know the story behind, don't understand a single thing about this song and still throw sh*t like apes... a downfall really. shame :reductive:

Wow, you really showed those "stupid trolls."

There's no story to be told other than Madonna shamelessly using another culture and people as the backdrop and props for her own means AGAIN.

..Never mind that the song is an auto tuned pile of trash.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JustHMLover said:

u stupid trolls probably didn't even watch the thing, don't know the story behind, don't understand a single thing about this song and still throw sh*t like apes... a downfall really. shame :reductive:

Indeed, as usual.

JusKeepBreathin

I am pretty much insulted. Isn't this the definition of cultural appropriation?

It isn't even Batuka. More like basura.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

LUO YI
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

No, it's not. It's cultural appreciation. And that's your opinion. 

The night sky tells all

McYves

Ugh, I loved it so much I can't believe I considered this song a filler. The whole female energy that I get from this is just so powerful and inspiring! I hope she release at least two more videos. I NEED MORE MADAME X!

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

JusKeepBreathin
8 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

No, it's not. It's cultural appreciation. And that's your opinion. 

What is cultural appropriation?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin

It's a waterdown cultural appropriated mess. 

The one listed black producer is her son. Bunch of white europeans producing a Batuka song is gross. 

Damn it. I was really hoping for a great video and song after God Control.

I still have high hopes for Faz Gostozo. We'll see, I guess.

Sneaky Oliver
29 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Ugh just keep breathing and with your mouth shut please :saladga:

I think you guys didn’t catch the real meaning of the video. It’s all about one of the last shots: the ships. Black slaves were brought to the new colonies in those ships. In Portuguese there’s a word for it: “negreiro” ships, which basically means a ship which transports black people. The women in the video are still hurt that their families were destroyed by slave trade when their relatives were captured and taken from their homes. But they are still holding on to hope by singing and dancing and fighting the racism and oppression...

plus: she’s not pretending to be a batukadeira, that would be appropriation. She’s not even wearing similar clothing. The music and video are a partnership between M and them and a homage to the music she has discovered in Portugal. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

JusKeepBreathin
5 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I think you guys didn’t catch the real meaning of the video. It’s all about one of the last shots: the ships. Black slaves were brought to the new colonies in those ships. In Portuguese there’s a word for it: “negreiro” ships, which basically means a ship which transports black people. The women in the video are still hurt that their families were destroyed by slave trade when they relatives were captured and taken from their homes. But they are still holding on to hope by singing and dancing and fighting the racism and oppression...

Oh I got it. The ships disappearing. What does that have to do with it not being cultural appropriation?:vegas:

Sneaky Oliver
6 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Oh I got it. The ships disappearing. What does that have to do with it not being cultural appropriation?:vegas:

Nothing actually. It's not cultural appropriation as I said in my edit: she's not pretending to be a batukadeira or wearing similar clothing, she's there as a fictional character (Madame X) in a act of appreciation of the music and art they make.

Are you even from Cape Verde? Or Portugal? seriously 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

HoneyB

Living for all the beautiful black women in the video:heart: as far as music goes she’s been disappointing but her videos have been a SERVE

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Hexxx
6 hours ago, Enzo said:

I'll wait for Faz Gostoso 

She's still waiting for Anitta :air:

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Hexxx
24 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I think you guys didn’t catch the real meaning of the video. It’s all about one of the last shots: the ships. Black slaves were brought to the new colonies in those ships. In Portuguese there’s a word for it: “negreiro” ships, which basically means a ship which transports black people. The women in the video are still hurt that their families were destroyed by slave trade when their relatives were captured and taken from their homes. But they are still holding on to hope by singing and dancing and fighting the racism and oppression...

plus: she’s not pretending to be a batukadeira, that would be appropriation. She’s not even wearing similar clothing. The music and video are a partnership between M and them and a homage to the music she has discovered in Portugal. 

I'm black and this is the correct way to borrow from someone else's culture by INCLUDING them in this masterpiece. THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE!

Hexxx
56 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

It isn't even Batuka. More like 

If this was a song and video with just white people or any other race outside of the diaspora, THEN it would be cultural appropriation. 

Archived