Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should Gaga address the Amazon controversy?

Gonzi

Featured Posts

Gonzi

As many of you may have seen, Gaga's facing some backlash for working exclusively with Amazon for the release of Haus Laboratories, due to the recent reports about Amazon mistreating and under-compensating their workers. But is it really necessary for her to address this? I feel like so many more brands should be held accountable, as literally every big brand you can think of (including some major beauty brands) are profiting off Amazon's services, as most of them have official stores on their site.

Now what really concerns me is people's misconception of Gaga's partnership with Amazon. As many believe they can only purchase the makeup directly from Amazon when in fact they can also order directly from the Haus Labs website. Though I don't think the official announcements by Gaga or Haus Labs have made this very clear. Is Amazon responsible for shipping all the orders regardless of where costumers purchased them? or are they just the official external retail partner, similar to what Sephora is to Fenty Beauty?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

No, why should she?

It's a backlash that was sent from their smartphones that the workers who built it didn't have a good condition either..

It's more against Gaga than Amazon, they just found an excuse to look "woke"..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Miel

In my opinion, it'd be nice for her to do so. 

But! All considering the intertwining of Haus Labs and Amazon- does Gaga have the power to change anything? I'm sure she can make a statement and work with Amazon to ensure the rights of laborers working for them.

3 points in and ready for more

Jadeykins

i feel like if she did that it would make it look like it needed defending and she was justifying it...which would actually make the whole thing look worse....maybe some things are better left unsaid 

Rudz Xinc

No. Not her problem. If you don't like how the company treat you. Just find another job. Simple as that. Nobody putting a gun on their heads.

Look at those clowns

Chris Evans

no, it's people latching onto a sjw cause when they don't even hold themselves to the level they preach

addressing it would only reignite an issue that would go nowhere because deep down they don't even care

AmericanxDream

No. Even if she genuinely feels sympathy for the Amazon workers, many people would misinterpret her comments as pandering to increase Haus Beauty's sales. 

Gonzi
8 minutes ago, River said:

No, why should she?

2 minutes ago, Jadeykins said:

i feel like if she did that it would make it look like it needed defending and she was justifying it...which would actually make the whole thing look worse....maybe some things are better left unsaid 

I just feel like should could easily avoid all of this drama by making it clear that Haus Labs is not operating entirely on Amazon. And that customers have a choice of where to purchase the products. A lot of people just don't want to support Amazon and that's why they're backing off buying/supporting the Haus Labs line, because they think they can only do it through them. 

Jadeykins
1 minute ago, Gonzi said:

I just feel like should could easily avoid all of this drama by making it clear that Haus Labs is not operating entirely on Amazon. And that customers have a choice of where to purchase the products. A lot of people just don't want to support Amazon and that's why they're backing off buying/supporting the Haus Labs line, because they think they can only do it through them. 

yeah i get that but i can't see her actually coming out and saying it because i doubt it's a big deal to her...they could write it somewhere on the haus website but that's the most i would expect and i don't even expect that tbf 

Regina George

No. She has nothing to do with it. She said sorry for someone else too many times. 

ladylinners
20 minutes ago, Gonzi said:

Is Amazon responsible for shipping all the orders regardless of where costumers purchased them? or are they just the official external retail partner, similar to what Sephora is to Fenty Beauty?

No. Orders through Haus labs are shipped by Haus labs not Amazon.

Gonzi
Just now, ladylinners said:

No. Orders through Haus labs are shipped by Haus labs not Amazon.

amazon needs to stop promoting it saying you can only purchase it exclusively on their website then  :toofunny:

RoverLoader

She's better off leaving it, but for me it's another example of her insincerity and dubious judgement. She could have hooked up with a small, developing local supplier using ethical production and distribution methods, but she went full corporate.

Archived