đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should Gaga address the Amazon controversy?

Gonzi

Featured Posts

Gonzi
1 hour ago, KNJ said:

Where's that? Screenshot?

I don't have a screenshot but I  saw a promoted ad from amazon on twitter about it and it said "Exclusively on Amazon". Then I checked the replies and saw that people were upset about it

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark

Stans made a much bigger deal of it than the public where it barely made a splash. Why should Gaga apologize when Amazon, no matter how problematic, is still better than most corporations in the US by providing a $15 min. wage?  The fact is capitalism is an ugly business, and I suspect she probably did sign the contract back in February when Amazon was getting some decent press for raising their wages...and didn't realize it would turn in to a thing. It's the woke cause de jour at a moment, but Target, Walmart, Adidas, Google, Starbucks, Nike, and Apple are all far worse—do we see people demanding Beyonce (Adidas), Chrissy Teigen (Target), Taylor Swift (Apple and Amazon), Zac Efron (Amazon), FKA Twigs (Google), Nick Jonas (Google), etc. apologize? Multiple people have pointed out that other celebrities have the same type of deals who also are inclusive.

No. It's possible to be a bit disappointed and also think fans are vastly overreacting to Gaga working with Amazon, which has its tentacles everywhere.

Uggghhh, EVERYONE has to address something these days because people can't handle anything! 

I think no, she's strong and she doesn't need "woke people"  to ruin her popularity all because of Amazon, I mean who doesn't use it these days? 

I don't think anything will happen, no light will even be shown on it if she doesn't say anything, meaning, it's not a big problem.

No, I haven't heard anything about this outside Stan world. This is a non story unlike the Rkelly thing (which most likely became a thing because she was on an Oscar campaign). It's similar to those ivy park Sri Lankan sweatshirts that pop up now and then. Bey ingores it bc it's a nonstory.

Lextyr97

No. Show your distaste for what she’s doing with your wallet or get over it. I also haven’t even seen that much controversy besides on here. And another thing, most of y’all complaining probably buy **** from Amazon as is. Give it a rest

7 hours ago, SKANK said:

Anyone who claims this issue was invented by a few social justice warriors on social media hasn't been paying attention. Amazon's issues with tax dodging and horrible working conditions have been in the press for years.

It's like this forum has forgotten who they stan. She isn't Katy, Christina, or Britney, she is Lady Gaga. Activism has been a core part of her public life and her art since the beginning. Why should she abandon activism now? Are you scared of her not being higher on a Forbes list? Are you scared she might alienate the public?

In my opinion, anyone who says 'no' to this question is doing a disservice to Gaga, by not holding her to a standard she set for herself.

"The truth is that I am really just a pop star in disguise. My true passion is activism."  - Gaga

iF yOu aRe sAyInG tHiS fRoM uR iPhoNe yOu cAnT cOmpLaIn yOu HypOcRiTe

Guest Adarsh
11 minutes ago, Adakam said:

If you’re saying this from your iPhone, you can’t complain, you hypocrite! 

FixedT

SKANK
44 minutes ago, Adakam said:

iF yOu aRe sAyInG tHiS fRoM uR iPhoNe yOu cAnT cOmpLaIn yOu HypOcRiTe

It's such a silly and very Trumpian rebuttal, but pretty popular on GGD.

Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Sanne Godijn
8 hours ago, SKANK said:

Anyone who claims this issue was invented by a few social justice warriors on social media hasn't been paying attention. Amazon's issues with tax dodging and horrible working conditions have been in the press for years.

It's like this forum has forgotten who they stan. She isn't Katy, Christina, or Britney, she is Lady Gaga. Activism has been a core part of her public life and her art since the beginning. Why should she abandon activism now? Are you scared of her not being higher on a Forbes list? Are you scared she might alienate the public?

In my opinion, anyone who says 'no' to this question is doing a disservice to Gaga, by not holding her to a standard she set for herself.

"The truth is that I am really just a pop star in disguise. My true passion is activism."  - Gaga

Im sorry but this is not gagas problem

SKANK
16 minutes ago, Sanne Godijn said:

Im sorry but this is not gagas problem

"It's not my problem," is never a sentiment expressed by an activist, particularly when it comes to who that activist is doing business with.

By inking a lucrative deal with Amazon, Gaga made Amazon's business practices "her problem." In the same way Target's business practices became "her problem," before she honorably backed out of a deal with them.

Don't  Ask Don't Tell wasn't her problem, but that didn't stop her from holding rallies, bringing discharged soldiers to the VMA's, and turning her most high profile red carpet look (the meat dress) into a statement about the issue.

Making things "their problem" is what activists do.

Andreu

Not when 99% of companies and basically almost every single thing u can buy is on amazon

Sanne Godijn
17 minutes ago, SKANK said:

"It's not my problem," is never a sentiment expressed by an activist, particularly when it comes to who that activist is doing business with.

By inking a lucrative deal with Amazon, Gaga made Amazon's business practices "her problem." In the same way Target's business practices became "her problem," before she honorably backed out of a deal with them.

Don't  Ask Don't Tell wasn't her problem, but that didn't stop her from holding rallies, bringing discharged soldiers to the VMA's, and turning her most high profile red carpet look (the meat dress) into a statement about the issue.

Making things "their problem" is what activists do.

Didnt you know that there also is the to gagas makeup  on hauslabs.com that way it wont get shipped through amazon so gaga already did to help and stop talking down to people who disagree with you 

SKANK

2 minutes ago, Sanne Godijn said:

Didnt you know that there also is the to gagas makeup  on hauslabs.com that way it wont get shipped through amazon so gaga already did to help and stop talking down to people who disagree with you 

Gaga has an exclusive global deal with Amazon. She chose that company, ironically, because she thinks they have similar world views.

If she is going to market Haus Beauty as a "woke" project, she should probably make sure the company she is partnering with is actually "woke."

On her partnership with Amazon she said, "There are companies that see me and what I stand for and the way that I view the world, and if it's not perfectly in line with what they do...they'll be like, 'Can you just change half of the equation? The answer is no. No deal. No message of self-acceptance, no deal. This [deal with Amazon] was so wonderful because this was like, 'Let's make a deal, let's make a deal to change the world with their beauty.'"

And for the record, I wasn't talking down to you. I apologizes if it seemed that way. I respect your opinion. :hug:

Sanne Godijn
1 hour ago, SKANK said:

Gaga has an exclusive global deal with Amazon. She chose that company, ironically, because she thinks they have similar world views.

If she is going to market Haus Beauty as a "woke" project, she should probably make sure the company she is partnering with is actually "woke."

On her partnership with Amazon she said, "There are companies that see me and what I stand for and the way that I view the world, and if it's not perfectly in line with what they do...they'll be like, 'Can you just change half of the equation? The answer is no. No deal. No message of self-acceptance, no deal. This [deal with Amazon] was so wonderful because this was like, 'Let's make a deal, let's make a deal to change the world with their beauty.'"

And for the record, I wasn't talking down to you. I apologizes if it seemed that way. I respect your opinion. :hug:

I just dont understand why you are making such a big deal out of this

Archived