💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should Gaga address the Amazon controversy?

Gonzi

Featured Posts

HighwayGuy
5 minutes ago, RoverLoader said:

She's better off leaving it, but for me it's another example of her insincerity and dubious judgement. She could have hooked up with a small, developing local supplier using ethical production and distribution methods, but she went full corporate.

As much as I love her she’s a massive capitalist :rip: no wonder she supported Hillary Clinton over Bernie Sanders 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River
26 minutes ago, Gonzi said:

I just feel like should could easily avoid all of this drama by making it clear that Haus Labs is not operating entirely on Amazon. And that customers have a choice of where to purchase the products. A lot of people just don't want to support Amazon and that's why they're backing off buying/supporting the Haus Labs line, because they think they can only do it through them. 

We are talking about the same woman who got a big check from MGM resorts while knowing that they are going to fire 1k workers..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

HotLikeMexico

No. It's not her problem. It's Amazon's problem.

At the end of the day, all these woke folk are the same people that are probably still shopping on Amazon and using their Prime Membership to get their items. Instead of being mad behind a keyboard, actually do something about it IRL or kindly **** off.

No. Going after her specifically will achieve what? Amazon is shitty but they are such an  insidious corp. that you are lucky if you can achieve anything in business w out their services or giving them money (like Monsanto :fthis:)

Best case scenario, the one I hope is happening: HL/Gaga (off the back of her name) is getting more out of Amazon  than they are from her. That whatever contract they have allows her/HL to kick the door in using Amazon's  reach and omnipresence, make a big sales impression on Prime Day (done), keep picking up orders thru Sept (making Amazon s happy) and once Fashion Weeks begin, HL have hopefully caught enough air to fly on their own. 

We don't know the nature of these contracts.I hope the plan all along, is to get strong,fast by teaming with this shipping behemoth, launching at the most optimal and short amount of time (Prime Days thru NY Fashion week ) and be strong enough to ween off Amazon's resources and run the storefront 100% off HL.com asap. Amazon may be quite happy with a high yielding wham-bam 2-3 month venture.

Amazon gets the win: the sales, the prestige and the honorific of being the first to have Gagas Brand. HL/Gaga gets a company that will bend over backwards for them, providing all the press, the storefront,the backend, the access, the reliable international   shipping to LMs simultaneously. These things could be an unpredictable mess doing it on your own. F'ing those parts up could take down the entire HL reputation in day one. Amazon is big enough to serve demands of that caliber, obvs. And Amazon will work their asses off for HL to make money they'll share. HL sales are rocketting and it's only day FOUR. Come September...HL just may be in stores etc. We don't know. But all the success building up right now with Amazon could def be laying groundwork for more permanent independence for HL s future. :shrug:

Either way, I am sure all involved in Gagas side know about the workers and are trying to gdf out. 

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Nikolai Barrow

Nah i don't think enough people know or care. Addressing it would just bring more attention to it.

You mean like when she spoke up against Target for their homophobic practices and actually threatened them to cancel their deal if they didnt change that? Nah, Gaga doesnt care about these things anymore

56 minutes ago, Gonzi said:

I just feel like should could easily avoid all of this drama by making it clear that Haus Labs is not operating entirely on Amazon. And that customers have a choice of where to purchase the products. A lot of people just don't want to support Amazon and that's why they're backing off buying/supporting the Haus Labs line, because they think they can only do it through them. 

Well, we all had that question and got off our asses and found out the answer.  If it's as important to others  as they say it is, they'll bother to seek out that readily available information instead of assuming and complaining.

CannaeDrive

Nope. The alleged "controversy" is only in the head of some SJW or frustrated Monstrosities.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Morphine Prince

No because there is no real backlash against her. It’s not a controversy. 

The Amazon issue is very real and many workers went on strike.

It’s just something to keep in mind. But nothing Gaga should address herself. 

49 minutes ago, Gonzi said:

amazon needs to stop promoting it saying you can only purchase it exclusively on their website then  :toofunny:

Where's that? Screenshot?

15 minutes ago, Adakam said:

You mean like when she spoke up against Target for their homophobic practices and actually threatened them to cancel their deal if they didnt change that? Nah, Gaga doesnt care about these things anymore

Or...maybe this is a different situation and different power dynamic. White-hot 2011 Gaga denying Target permission to sell her follow-up album/BTW over political donations it's not an equivalent. Amazon sees dollars signs and HL can unload the heavy lifting of launching a new product. I just hope they were smart and made a deal that allows a very slack and temporary binding to Amazon. Fingers crossed.

SKANK

Anyone who claims this issue was invented by a few social justice warriors on social media hasn't been paying attention. Amazon's issues with tax dodging and horrible working conditions have been in the press for years.

It's like this forum has forgotten who they stan. She isn't Katy, Christina, or Britney, she is Lady Gaga. Activism has been a core part of her public life and her art since the beginning. Why should she abandon activism now? Are you scared of her not being higher on a Forbes list? Are you scared she might alienate the public?

In my opinion, anyone who says 'no' to this question is doing a disservice to Gaga, by not holding her to a standard she set for herself.

"The truth is that I am really just a pop star in disguise. My true passion is activism."  - Gaga

Archived