Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyonce parts ways with A&R of 28 years

HoneyB

Featured Posts

HoneyB

Exclusive: Beyonce Shocker as Singer Parts Ways with Music Advisor of 28 Years, Teresa LaBarbera Whites One of Most Admired in Business

Well, this is a shock.

Beyonce — on the eve of her new album, “The Lion King: The Gift,” has parted ways with her music advisor of 28 years, the legendary Teresa Labarbera Whites. Sources tell me the split was amicable, since Whites is maybe the Most Wanted music advisor in pop music today. Everyone from Katy Perry to Taylor Swift, Alessia Cara, Selena Gomez, etc will be knocking down her door when they hear this news. Adele would do well to call her.

TLW met Beyonce when she was nine years old, signed her when she was 11, and launched Destiny’s Child. She has overseen almost all of Beyonce’s music, with a brief time out years ago when she was lured to Jive Records to resuscitate Britney Spears. She did, too, and then returned to be on staff with Beyonce as her in house A&R person. (She also discovered Jessica Simpson, and has consulted on albums by Pink and the Backstreet Boys, among others.)

But as “The Gift” — which TLW oversaw — releases tomorrow, Whites is said to be down in her home of Texas getting some rest before advancing on the charts again.

So what happened? I’m told that as Beyonce’s business grew, there was tension at the top of Parkwood Entertainment. A new co-COO, Steve Pamon, from JP Morgan Chase, was brought in. Art and commerce clashed. Pamon’s background is in running a company, not picking music or developing musical ideas. TLW has long been known in the industry as Beyonce’s secret weapon. How the internationally beloved singer will function without her is now a big question.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/07/18/exclusive-beyonce-shocker-as-singer-parts-ways-with-music-advisor-of-28-years-teresa-labarbera-whites-one-of-most-admired-in-business

hmmm, this could potentially be very good or bad for Mrs. Giselle, we might see the return of pop/promotion Bey which I'm not mad about:stalkga: Gags should scoop up  Teresa  before some other fad does:pray:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

JusKeepBreathin

Damn, maybe she can resuscitate Britney again. 

looking back britney spears GIF

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

weed
5 minutes ago, Talenti said:

she was lured to Jive Records to resuscitate Britney Spears. She did

:air:

but tbh what does she do? teach vocals? help w technique and stuff? "oversee music" approve songs? Interesting the split happened, I think she'll be fine lol as well as TLW

JazzGa

I have a feeling TLW will not start working with another huge A-list star who already has her vision and career strongly established. I think she'll go for a new act who will be more receptive to guidance and suggestions, and less likely to have an ego-clash, for example, maybe like Billie Eilish or someone even more new than her.  Or maybe she'll help revive the career of an underrated gem like Carly Rae Jepsen! :party:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

HoneyB
17 minutes ago, neptugne said:

:air:

but tbh what does she do? teach vocals? help w technique and stuff? "oversee music" approve songs? Interesting the split happened, I think she'll be fine lol as well as TLW

Basically her job requires her to:

1) Find talent (Mission accomplished:trollga:)

2) Oversee the recording process

3)Assist with marketing and promotion

She basically acts like the bridge for the artist and the label  she basically juggles what the artist wants and what the business wants:sis: it appears that "Art and commerce clashed" meaning commerce WON. In conclusion, we might be getting I am Sasha Fierce Act 2 get ready sistren:sis: 

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

JusKeepBreathin
22 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

I have a feeling TLW will not start working with another huge A-list star who already has her vision and career strongly established. I think she'll go for a new act who will be more receptive to guidance and suggestions, and less likely to have an ego-clash, for example, maybe like Billie Eilish or someone even more new than her.  Or maybe she'll help revive the career of an underrated gem like Carly Rae Jepsen! :party:

Give her Ava Max

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

32 minutes ago, Talenti said:

Basically her job requires her to:

1) Find talent (Mission accomplished:trollga:)

2) Oversee the recording process

3)Assist with marketing and promotion

She basically acts like the bridge for the artist and the label  she basically juggles what the artist wants and what the business wants:sis: it appears that "Art and commerce clashed" meaning commerce WON. In conclusion, we might be getting I am Sasha Fierce Act 2 get ready sistren:sis: 

Isn't Parkwood owned by Beyoncé herself tho? How did commerce win?

JazzGa
13 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Give her Ava Max

That seems like a pretty good idea, someone like that, just on the bubble who hasn't released their first album yet

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

HoneyB
34 minutes ago, Bio said:

Isn't Parkwood owned by Beyoncé herself tho? How did commerce win?

Well yeah but it looks like they were in talks with someone else as well: “A new co-COO, Steve Pamon, from JP Morgan Chase, was brought in. Art and commerce clashed. Pamon’s background is in running a company, not picking music or developing musical ideas.” We don’t really know what happened but I guess him and Teresa disagreed on things which is what possibly caused her to leave hence the “Art vs commerce” thing. Since he’s more business oriented, maybe he’ll push Bey to do more promotion and rack up coins meaning commerce WON. AKA, we’re getting another Sasha Fierce:sis:

I honestly don’t know tbh who knows what really happened but at the end of the day I highly doubt this will effect her she’s been fine without Teresa before during Bday and Sasha Fierce who ever this Steve Pamom guy is hopefully will get her to promote more:sis: when it comes to the artistic aspect of it all it’ll be fine since Bey is a control freak but now maybe she’ll be forced to promote more:sis: a win-win:sis:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

Reject False Icons

Her lack of promotion had risen her to her latest legend status,

so i will doubt she will do interviews or perform for promo if commerce won 

I still don't understand how she is different from her manager. Who is LG's equivalent? Is she the Bobby?

Vitleysingur
15 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

I still don't understand how she is different from her manager. Who is LG's equivalent? Is she the Bobby?

Michael Bearden

He is MJ's last musical director.

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

4 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

Michael Bearden

He is MJ's last musical director.

Isn't a musical director basically the conductor during live concerts?

BBhomemaker
18 hours ago, Talenti said:

Well yeah but it looks like they were in talks with someone else as well: “A new co-COO, Steve Pamon, from JP Morgan Chase, was brought in. Art and commerce clashed. Pamon’s background is in running a company, not picking music or developing musical ideas.” We don’t really know what happened but I guess him and Teresa disagreed on things which is what possibly caused her to leave hence the “Art vs commerce” thing. Since he’s more business oriented, maybe he’ll push Bey to do more promotion and rack up coins meaning commerce WON. AKA, we’re getting another Sasha Fierce:sis:

I honestly don’t know tbh who knows what really happened but at the end of the day I highly doubt this will effect her she’s been fine without Teresa before during Bday and Sasha Fierce who ever this Steve Pamom guy is hopefully will get her to promote more:sis: when it comes to the artistic aspect of it all it’ll be fine since Bey is a control freak but now maybe she’ll be forced to promote more:sis: a win-win:sis:

I don't think anybody would force her to promote, im already surprised that she done an interview for lion king, didn't happened since 2011, after that the media backlashed her and her pregnancy 

but if you talk about the way she used to put out singles as sasha fierce, well she always did the double singles thing, Beyoncé (2013) was really close except that the surprise revel took the spotlight. Then if you are talking musically i got a lot of vibes from her whole discography in lion king The Gift, new bey and old bey vibes. 

Also I hope she will not go back to the traditional albums, i like that she is doing more with it, it makes it more special and that's what differentiate her from the others too, Bey strategy always been to makes it an event. So i cant wait to see whats next i think that Teresa and her worked a lot and probably exploited all their ideas or maybe need some rest for sure, they did an amazing job together. And about   Steve i think the promotion/commercial part will be in another way than exposure or interview or physical promotion i would be surprise, i think it will more around radios, streaming service (Please let die TIDAL :ladyhaha:), also partnerships or contracts, and big venues. The way Formation was out was not a good idea at all it could have been bigger for sure, same for hold up, they have to work on the after-album performances of the singles

Archived