Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Twice' First American Concert

Pacify Him

Featured Posts

Pacify Him

I attended last night and it was amazing :diane: 

Note: I'm not a kpop stan, and I'm an incredibly difficult person to impress.

So bullet points time:

- audience is primarily millenials and gen zs. The entire venue is filled tho (some certain artists can't relate :awkney:)

- intro songs are heavy rock influenced. Shook! :triggered:

- choreo is on point. Shook! :triggered: :vegas:

But this is where the real shook of the night is:

Spoiler

They performed Born This Way and I was stanning hard :heat::giveup:

The singing, the choreo, and wow even their set is inspired by that music video... pink lights... crystal polygonal throne(?) ... galactic setting with stars... etc

and after that, during fan interaction, they demonstrated the choreo for that song again. This is when I knew they're stans too :vegas: Wew Gaga's impact. There were several more fan interactions actually, and ngl it was very innovative.

Like, they were so happy for the fans coming to see the show. They even did an Ellen DeGeneres' Oscars selfie skit with the fans :flutter:

"Elegant and Heartfelt. 5 stars." - Pacify Him

I’m getting on your nerves

moonboywow

Some american pop girls should take notes on the entertainment and visuals aspect of kpop. Kpop tours always blow me away and I've only seen YouTube videos of them

Miel

A lot of my friends are K-Pop fans and went to this show. They seemed to really like it!

Also, I think it's super cool of them to do Born This Way and not cut-out the bridge (the bar is low, I know). Were they the ones that were speaking out on LGBT+ rights? I really appreciate that.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel

OH are these the girls that did that TT song?? Love that 

Pacify Him
1 minute ago, moonboywow said:

Some american pop girls should take notes on the entertainment and visuals aspect of kpop. Kpop tours always blow me away and I've only seen YouTube videos of them

Honestly, it's more like they're watching western pop girls and incorporating on it. My first impression of them dancing to Gaga is like western pandering -- this is their first American date/worldwide tour after all -- but I'm still sincerely hoping it's because they idolize her.

But truth be told, they are what the younger generation and the music industry need right now.

anigif_sub-buzz-18818-1507654787-11.gif

Spoiler

like western acts are super dirty, and I know y'all know what I mean by that :awkney:

Seriously, nobody even needs to be a kpop stan to enjoy them, nor even speak their language. They will try their hardest to speak English for you instead :selena::diane:

One could think they're just sing and dance, but they're all going to be 100% wrong on that. There's a lot of fan interactions, cuz the whole concert is 4hrs long :bradley: No opening acts either :tony:

Pacify Him
1 minute ago, Miel said:

A lot of my friends are K-Pop fans and went to this show. They seemed to really like it!

Also, I think it's super cool of them to do Born This Way and not cut-out the bridge (the bar is low, I know). Were they the ones that were speaking out on LGBT+ rights? I really appreciate that.

Honestly, I don't know :selena: I've honestly never heard of them. I was just tagged along, cuz free concert :ohwell: but you're right wew yes the BTW :tony: performance

Miel
2 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

Honestly, I don't know :selena: I've honestly never heard of them. I was just tagged along, cuz free concert :ohwell: but you're right wew yes the BTW :tony: performance

I actually think they've performed this prior to the American show (saw it on here, I think? maybe Twitter), so they've had the song on their list for at least a few months.

And yeah, I'm no K-Pop fans by any means, but their shows seem so fun? Like now I want to tag along??

Pacify Him
Just now, Miel said:

I actually think they've performed this prior to the American show (saw it on here, I think? maybe Twitter), so they've had the song on their list for at least a few months.

And yeah, I'm no K-Pop fans by any means, but their shows seem so fun? Like now I want to tag along??

The next American date is soon but that’s in Mexico :poot:

Yes, I was told they post the BTW performance on Insta too prior to the tour, but I completely forgot about it, and when they started performing it, I was blasted off to a new dimension :nooo:

The videos of the concert emphasizes on their dance and expressions, but what really matters is the live experience :applause: I was told it’s the same with any other KPOP groups, but like would they dance to BTW? :ohwell:

gagaweekly
11 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

Honestly, it's more like they're watching western pop girls and incorporating on it. My first impression of them dancing to Gaga is like western pandering -- this is their first American date/worldwide tour after all -- but I'm still sincerely hoping it's because they idolize her.

One of the Twice member covered Applause when she was on the audition, so I can say they (at least her:vegas:) stan Gaga, also they performed BTW in Japan your too.

I really hope Twice(or another Kpop acts) vocally supports LGBT rights in Korea too! I'm not saying they are fake ally since I know they have to take a big risk by supporting LGBT rights, but I really want them to be the part of the change!!

Anyways, I'm glad that you had a good time:woohoo: 

Pacify Him
9 minutes ago, gagaweekly said:

One of the Twice member covered Applause when she was on the audition, so I can say they (at least her:vegas:) stan Gaga, also they performed BTW in Japan your too.

I really hope Twice(or another Kpop acts) vocally supports LGBT rights in Korea too! I'm not saying they are fake ally since I know they have to take a big risk by supporting LGBT rights, but I really want them to be the part of the change!!

Anyways, I'm glad that you had a good time:woohoo: 

Yeah I feel they’re very a genuine bunch, cuz it really shows :diane: that was a bad phrasing from me but now it’s true:

Gaga’s worldwide impact never ends :vegas:

Archived