💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Katy Perry Arrives To Court

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

Katy was sued by Christian rapper Flame back in July 2014 after claiming Katy's track "Dark Horse" is a total rip-off of his  gospel track "Joyful Noise." Flame's music label uploaded the music video in 2008.

According to the suit ... Flame says Perry not only jacked their religious music ... she also destroyed his reputation in the Christian music world because they're now associated with the anti-Christian witchcraft and imagery that appears in the "Dark Horse" mv.

Flame claims Katy jacked the underlying beat ... but she's calling BS, saying there are no significant similarities.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/18/katy-perry-dark-horse-song-copyright-lawsuit/

Pacify Him

I don't see the similarities. Obviously, they just want money. Hope she wins

I’m getting on your nerves

Regina George
5 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

I don't see the similarities. Obviously, they just want money. Hope she wins

How don't u see the similarities? lmao. Songs sound alike and that ''you know what it is''...

I love Katy but it does sound like his song.... 

jacs vs looser

"Anti-Christian witchcraft" :smh:   Sometimes religious people crack me up.

Also, lmao at that camera man timidly asking "how is your song different from the song in question" ... like she's gonna stop and deffend her case right there  :fail:

whore

Honestly, the tracks are so alike there's no denying it. However, I don't think Katy should be the one taken to court. It should be Dr. Luke, the one who produced the track. Katy has probably never even heard of that guy until the copyright battle started. 

Pacify Him
Just now, ReginaGeorge said:

How don't u see the similarities? lmao. Songs sound alike and that ''you know what it is''...

I love Katy but it does sound like his song.... 

Where tho? He's like rapping, and she's singing...

Regina George
Just now, Pacify Him said:

Where tho? He's like rapping, and she's singing...

:awkney:

instrumental. 

whore
11 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

anti-Christian witchcraft and imagery that appears in the "Dark Horse"

you mean... Egyptians?? Like... from around the same region as... Jesus???? :messga:

Zander

“She also destroyed his reputation in the Christian music world because they're now associated with the anti-Christian witchcraft and imagery that appears in the "Dark Horse" mv” -

Some of y’all christians are nuts. :ladyhaha:

HoneyB

GOD HATES KATY PERRY STREAM JUDAS:sis:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

QueerKekistani45

I’m pretty sure the burden of publishing infringement or whatever is three or more notes in succession directly copied.

IIrc Pharrell got in trouble because they got a whole litany of lawyers (on both sides since both parties are represented by major labels) and quantified the sales success of “Blurred Lines” and determined that the ubiquity of Marvin Gaye’s popular brand was of material marketing benefit.

Katy’s track doesn’t seem to use the same notes, and the style allegedly copied doesn’t seem like it would be of particular cultural (i.e. monetary) value to the court.

That being said, I think the merits of this case are likely irrelevant when you consider the lawyers Katy can afford

Pacify Him
9 minutes ago, Zander said:

“She also destroyed his reputation in the Christian music world because they're now associated with the anti-Christian witchcraft and imagery that appears in the "Dark Horse" mv” -

Some of y’all christians are nuts. :ladyhaha:

They've been at her throat ever since ever :pray:

Archived