opinion

Poll: TFM or BTW

gagaxsebert

TFM or BTW?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. TFM or BTW

Featured Posts

QueerKekistani45

The Fame Monster was concise and coherent. It had a clear theme and didn’t seem to have much of a marketing goal beyond pushing beats by Dre.

Born this way kinda felt like they threw some filler to get to that deluxe edition- it was creative and she went hard on the dark beats, but it was kind of all over the place.

lets just remember for a minute that she put her head on a motorcycle for her sophomore pop album. I want whatever drugs she was on.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Head Empty

I love the individual songs on The Fame Monster, but it doesn't work for me (anymore) as an album. Bad Romance easily outshines the other songs for me, and not all of them work well together on a single album.

Born This Way is way more balanced an cohesive. The songs are all unique, and are still sonically and thematically connected. Which makes it the better album as a whole.

McYves

BORN THIS WAY forever, that record literally saved lives.

TFM is iconic but I'm sick and tired of Bad Romance and I never liked Telephone so :bye:.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

Anderson123

Born This Way of course, I don’t even have to think about it. TFM is only 8 tracks and they are all great but the first 8 tracks on BTW are amazing (yes, even Americano) and we’re just getting started, then you get the amazing transition from Highway Unicorn -> Heavy Metal Lover -> Electric Chapel -> The Queen -> You and I -> The Edge of Glory. 

Stephen
7 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I love the individual songs on The Fame Monster, but it doesn't work for me (anymore) as an album. Bad Romance easily outshines the other songs for me, and not all of them work well together on a single album.

Born This Way is way more balanced an cohesive. The songs are all unique, and are still sonically and thematically connected. Which makes it the better album as a whole.

Agreed! Excluding BR the album pales in comparison to BTW (album).

GreenDiamond

Agree that BTW has way more weak songs but iI find it more complex and maysterious than TFM, and also I think that BTW is lyricaly stronger, and also BTW has very important message. Tfm is more cohesive work but BTW is just like a book really, there is so much about it

Inferno

The Fame Monster forever and always. love Born This Way as well but its weaklings are so goddamn corny that I cant. Also, the whole 80s darkwave undercurrent throughout The Fame Monster is just my vibes. This "lack of cohesion" some people refer to drives me nuts, cohesion does not a masterpiece make. Good pop music is good pop music, period. That is its cohesion. They are all great pop tracks that I believe stand the test of time and quite honestly they are cohesive in her lyrical style and vocals. The only true oddball was Teeth production wise but its vibe is as dark thematically as the rest of the record..my only nitpick is that maybe it goes on a little long but whatever. its underrated. There have been reviews/retrospectives that actually speak to the cohesion of The Fame Monster, ya'll should invest some time in it.

Although....I think Born This Way stans are like historically very protective/defensive of it because a lot of her current fanbase started stanning that era and also "outsiders" were very critical of the era at that time so it makes ya'll even more like hype about it. And The Fame Monster is like her biggest era that the gp actually knows and references so ya'll are like "they just don't get born this way" lol. Its a community thing I think.

Archived