Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why does the majority of the Little Monsters dislike "Just Another Day"?

LUCARTPOP

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Togekiss

Probably because it’s jazzy and features the much maligned “dope vocals”.

But this song has such a great mood and atmosphere about it. It makes me want to open my windows and clean my house on a Sunday morning drinking coffee and dancing around!

bring on that pecan pie

JazzGa

It sounds like a Beatles track, ; I don't really like it personally because I'm not into true bubblegum bops like that and I was never a big Beatles fan. But I appreciate that it is pop perfection! It reminds me of something from Red and Blue which I think is really cool, something that the Stefi G. band may have written ended up getting published on an international platinum (?) album

Also it makes a great washing machine commercial :selena:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

dynamite

I don't dislike it, I'm just not into it and it kind of sounds like an outtake from The Fame 

Mr Mirko

it is one of my favorites of the record. So tender, youse described it pretty well. And them, they are stil thirsty for DWUW video or  2008 sound lol no mo 

GaGaAst

One of my favourites from GaGa... Such a refreshing song why do people dislike it in first place 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

HermioneT

When I first listened to it, I instantly loved it. Nowadays there are days which just aren't "just another day"-days... I'm such a mood listener:oops:

But overall I really love the raw and low key jazzy style of it.

She / hers

PaulR2345

I love it. Reminds me of her Stefani music, it’s simple, classic, and you can tell she had fun making it. Also props to her adding another solo-written song to her discography. 

Sunny

It's one of my faves from Joanne, probably top 3

I like dancin', and ponies....

AJRocketMan
1 hour ago, RoughLove said:

To me it's just a cute song, nothing special tho.

But I think most monsters dislike it because of the simpelnes of the song and because of how she used her voice on that record.                        (she sings with her so called 'dope voice') and many, many Little Monsters would love to hear her use her 'soft voice' often  :oops:

This isn’t the “Dope vocals”, it’s much raspier and drier, akin to Sinner’s Prayer and Come to Mama. I do agree that her vocals on this song don’t sound very good though  and I think it would’ve fit a softer, brighter, cleaner voice a la 2006 Stefani, but those days are long gone unfortunately. And it’s not “simpleness” which isn’t even a word, it’s “simplicity”.

59 minutes ago, Togekiss said:

Probably because it’s jazzy and features the much maligned “dope vocals”.

But this song has such a great mood and atmosphere about it. It makes me want to open my windows and clean my house on a Sunday morning drinking coffee and dancing around!

Once again, her voice doesn’t sound like it does Dope. Not that there’s anything wrong with the “Dope voice”, Til It Happens to You and Angel Down feature it too and like Dope they’re the best ballads of her career, in part because of the lyrics and in part because of the vocals.

Didymus

Because those "and think of different ways" etc. parts are HORRIBLE.

The rest is very well done and enjoyable but yeah... I can't get past those pre-chorus disasters. It just feels like a song she wrote in five minutes which only half worked :shrug:

Just nothing to be excited about. She would've done that style way better in her 2008 days tbh.

Linus Gaga

One of my fav from joanne.

I don't like how she sing Dope, but I like the raw vocal in JAD. 

I feel so happy to listen, i listen to it at the beginning of the day usually.

It's also very Stefani, i don't get what yall means lack of taste :grr:

Hit me a message and say hi !

Didymus

It doesn't have Dope vocals though wtf. Dope wasn't sung in a fake accent like JAD :rip: That's what bothers me about JAD anyway. She just sounds... like she put on a persona and is not singing from her heart. I can't say that about Dope tbh.

Archived