Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

‘Gossip Girl’ Reboot Gets Series Order At HBO Max

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

gossipgirl.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Gossip Girl is making a comeback. WarnerMedia’s soon-to-launch streaming service HBO Max has ordered 10 hourlong episodes of a reimagined version of the pop culture phenomenon that made household names of stars such as Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford and Ed Westwick. The project hails from the original series writer and showrunner, Quantico creator Joshua Safran, Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire, Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. TV and CBS Television Studios.

Like the original series, the new iteration of Gossip Girl, written by Safran, is based on the book by Cecily von Ziegesar. The logline: Eight years after the original website went dark, a new generation of New York private school teens are introduced to the social surveillance of Gossip Girl. The prestige series will address just how much social media — and the landscape of New York itself — has changed in the intervening years.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/gossip-girl-reboot-series-order-warnermedia-streaming-service-hbo-max-joshua-safran-fake-empire-warner-bros-1202647698/

@ZiggyZiggs

Dominic

Wtf? This is disgusting. I am offended and I will report it. :crossed:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

GhettoFabulous

This is so unnecessary tbh :madge: like gossip girl ended like just yesterday like can they fund new and different things instead of reboots and remakes ?:madge:  and if it’s not the original cast they can keep it and again bringing them back would just no...because they’re all at such different places like this is the one show I don’t want them to ruin :lana::poot: Like they can fund a new show like SATC but it’s trans women/non binary people(but their gender identities aren’t too much the center of the show)  or whatever? I dunno but like can they just stop with the unnecessary inauthentic  remakes  that just look like quick cash grabs for them ?!:lana:

jaXXXon

Could be interesting tbh. Its impact has been undeniable. Dynasty and Riverdale are examples of shows heavily inspired by GG. 

HotLikeMexico
6 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

Could be interesting tbh. Its impact has been undeniable. Dynasty and Riverdale are examples of shows heavily inspired by GG. 

Dynasty is a remake of an 80s show. How did Gossip Girl inspire it?

Head Empty
21 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

made household names of stars such as Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford and Ed Westwick

Not that the others didn't have some succesful gigs after Gossip Girl, but who besides Blake could be called a household name? :poot:

BUtterfield 8
2 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Not that the others didn't have some succesful gigs after Gossip Girl, but who besides Blake could be called a household name? :poot:

Well Penn Badgley been back on the map with that “You” show 

ProdigyARTPOP
6 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

Well Penn Badgley been back on the map with that “You” show 

and Leighton Meester is on a show on ABC called “Single Parents” that has been going on for two seasons already. 

Teal Ambition

No no no and no :saladga: The original is so iconic, we don't need a reboot :( 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

crisTEAne

veronica mars is back

gossip girl is back

frozen 2

kristen bell is on a roll

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Guillaume Hamon

I wish gaga would do a cameo in the reboot like she did in the original one! :D

At the time her career had just took off so she was playing her own role for a brief appearance but I'm sure this time she could get a nice role for an episode at least. :)

Archived