Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

‘Gossip Girl’ Reboot Gets Series Order At HBO Max

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Blastertoyo
6 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

I wish gaga would do a cameo in the reboot like she did in the original one! :D

At the time her career had just took off so she was playing her own role for a brief appearance but I'm sure this time she could get a nice role for an episode at least. :)

Spotted: Beauty mogul Lady Gaga serving drinks at Joanne Trattoria, what else is new we love a good serve  

please enlighten me to death

nikola

Do we really need a reboot already... are they really out of ideas so they are bringing bacs shows that ended not that long ago. There must be someone with new fresh ideas out there or maybe they are scared of not succeeding so they decide to count on nostalgia for succes. 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

BUtterfield 8
1 minute ago, nikola said:

Do we really need a reboot already... are they really out of ideas so they are bringing bacs shows that ended not that long ago. There must be someone with new fresh ideas out there or maybe they are scared of not succeeding so they decide to count on nostalgia for succes. 

This comment has been plastered on comments about reboots/sequels for the past decade 

nothing’s gonna change 

nikola
14 minutes ago, Rainbow1 said:

This comment has been plastered on comments about reboots/sequels for the past decade 

nothing’s gonna change 

I mean I don't expect things to change really but it's just sad that people with brand new ideas get shut down because reboots are a safe option sometimes. I mean this show ended just 7 years ago 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

gagzus

I think it could be interesting, but one big change in social media is the rise of popstar “stan” culture and lgbt & minority media is bigger coverage than ever before so perhaps some of that will influence it? Maybe they’ll have a gay character who’s obsessed with popstars and have a popstar cameo? Who knows 

gagzus
5 minutes ago, nikola said:

I mean I don't expect things to change really but it's just sad that people with brand new ideas get shut down because reboots are a safe option sometimes. I mean this show ended just 7 years ago 

We live in the era of nostalgia because Millennial’s are into the shows they missed or are that of their “childhood” from the 90s-00s so that’s why reboots and remakes and sequels are big right now. Not a single big blockbuster movie over the last 5 or so years is original really, even Marvel movies come from 70s-80s comic storylines for example.

But it’s always been like that even our parents had movies, plays and tv shows about the 40s-70s 

Gimme More

god can't people come up with any original ideas anymore, so many reboots :saladga:

i love the original Gossip Girl, i hope it isn't ruined.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

hankhatesyouall

This is my favorite TV show ever (after Californication), but the reboot will never come close to the original. 

Nobody asked for it. 

hankhatesyouall
9 minutes ago, gagzus said:

I think it could be interesting, but one big change in social media is the rise of popstar “stan” culture and lgbt & minority media is bigger coverage than ever before so perhaps some of that will influence it? Maybe they’ll have a gay character who’s obsessed with popstars and have a popstar cameo? Who knows 

They already had a gay character and plenty of pop culture references, including Gaga herself as a cameo. 

This would bring nothing new to the table. 

gagzus
15 minutes ago, hankhatesyouall said:

They already had a gay character and plenty of pop culture references, including Gaga herself as a cameo. 

This would bring nothing new to the table. 

I know that from what I watched of it years ago, but what I mean is NOW social media is predominately rules by LGBT people, like all the trends we have started that reach the masses even to the point where we make headlines just for being celebrity fans for example. It’d be an interesting take to make the story have us be a cultural force that we are and not just a tertiary or secondary character trope 

jaXXXon
On 7/17/2019 at 8:20 PM, HotLikeMexico said:

Dynasty is a remake of an 80s show. How did Gossip Girl inspire it?

Erm, the tone of the new show is entirely Gossip Girl. It only shares the plot and storyline with the original but the overall tone and the decision to make a Blair Waldorf-ish character the main protagonist is all GG. You should watch the original and the new one and see it for yourself. Heck, just google it and read about GG inspiring it.

PS. The creators of Gossip Girl are also the creators of the new Dynasty and the tagline also says "from the creators of Gossip Girl" :trollga:

jaXXXon
On 7/17/2019 at 9:09 PM, nikola said:

The original 90210 ended in 2000 and the reboot came in 2008 - EIGHT YEARS, exactly the same as the timeframe between the original GG and the upcoming reboot. 

HotLikeMexico
31 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

Erm, the tone of the new show is entirely Gossip Girl. It only shares the plot and storyline with the original but the overall tone and the decision to make a Blair Waldorf-ish character the main protagonist is all GG. You should watch the original and the new one and see it for yourself. Heck, just google it and read about GG inspiring it.

PS. The creators of Gossip Girl are also the creators of the new Dynasty and the tagline also says "from the creators of Gossip Girl" :trollga:

I have no interest in watching the original Gossip Girl, it's was never my thing. My sister used to watch it when it was on TV and didn't like the brief bits I saw. 

Great for the writers if they're oozing Gossip Girl into Dynasty making it work I guess. As far as the tagline goes, you gotta advertise your achievements and milk it if you want people to follow your later projects 

Archived