Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Beyoncé- Spirit MV

Borislshere

Featured Posts

Borislshere
38 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

find it funny how you've twisted that last bit around. Usually, you don't reply to me when I quote you and you stop quoting me (as you did earlier on) when I start hitting my stride and showing you that you had the wrong idea about me. There's select people here who deliberately set out to get a reaction out of me and if anything, I'm the one that should be trying to ignore it. But I guess caring too much about what people think of me is my downfall and I can't abide false information being spread about me. Just try to imagine how it must feel to be cited as a racist when you're not and how that affects your reputation.

I stop responding to you cause I don’t want warning points. Your way of thinking is clearly something I don’t agree with and the things you do say are usually racist or very ignorant. Why would I want to entertain that with a reply? You say everyone else has this perception of you, well why is that? 

So once again, I definitely need to stop reading the things you say. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Biggest Fan

Whats the Location where this was a Filmed?

It’s Beautiful and the scenes are breathtaking 

She looks stunning her skin n face

Nice contribution Honey Bee

+ the Dancers really gave it all 👍🏽

🤖

Borislshere
1 minute ago, Biggest Fan said:

Whats the Location where this was a Filmed?

It’s Beautiful and the scenes are breathtaking 

She looks stunning her skin n face

Nice contribution Honey Bee

+ the Dancers really gave it all 👍🏽

I know the waterfall scenes were at Havasu falls. Idk about anywhere else 

StrawberryBlond
2 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

I stop responding to you cause I don’t want warning points. Your way of thinking is clearly something I don’t agree with and the things you do say are usually racist or very ignorant. Why would I want to entertain that with a reply? You say everyone else has this perception of you, well why is that? 

So once again, I definitely need to stop reading the things you say. 

And you think I don't deserve to have my rebuttal acknowledged? I spend time on these replies, I like to think the other person has read them and took them in. The things I say are usually racist? Like what? I am genuinely curious as to why people think this. Give me specific examples. I have never used any racial slur or ever attacked someone for their race or said anyone non-white is a problem or anything remotely problematic. When I talk about race, it's because I feel there is genuinely something that needs to be said and it's usually in response to something that we're told is "woke" but I actually find to be ironically not woke. I have said so much stuff in support of non-whites that you annoyingly don't seem to notice. Just the other day, I made a post in the thread about Ed Sheeran's new album saying that I'm shocked no one's talking about the very controversial "jungle fever" line Cardi said in her verse. I said that this phrase has been said to black women, it makes them feel uncomfortable and offensive terms like this shouldn't be thrown around like its normal. No replies, just one like, nobody had anything to say about it. You miss my "woke" moments just as much as everyone else does and then come on a thread like this claiming I'm against black people. You really don't know the first thing about me and something tells me you don't read my responses in full because if you did, you'd see how not racist I am and stop saying it.

People have this perception of me because they have been programmed with very distinct messaging that you don't question anything involving anyone who isn't white. That any critique is racism. That facts are offensive. And they cherry pick things and leave out others. I have written some of the most non-racist things and still been called racist. That tells me that people aren't properly reading what I say, skimming over it or are refusing to change their perception of me because they're that stubborn and hate to be proven wrong. If people still get the wrong idea about me after all the hard work I put into my highly thought-out replies, then that's their issue to work out. If someone says you've really got the wrong idea and are misinterpreting them, listen.

nodandsmile

Some of y'all have become so predictable, it's hilarious

flavor of love wtf GIF

Now I wish she wins the oscar just to see people's reactions  :lmao:

23 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I really don't think she needed to make a song from a remake of a Disney film all about her and a black empowerment message. It's like, calm down, it's a kid's movie about talking animals, no need to insert egotism or political commentary where it doesn't belong. She should stick to doing that kinda thing on her own work if that's what she wants but to infiltrate onto Disney properties with it is just embarrassing.

Its a movie about Africa, not a random movie that shes inserting African pride in it. Yes Animals are not a race but being black is part of Africa, so when you insert humans to the movie, its normal to add black African pride. Nothing political about showing the beauty of Africa and black people lol

StrawberryBlond
4 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Its a movie about Africa, not a random movie that shes inserting African pride in it. Yes Animals are not a race but being black is part of Africa so when you insert humans to movie like Beyonce singing, its normal to add black pride. Nothing political about showing the beauty of Africa and black people lol

You've kinda shoehorned it in when it's animation, though. There are plenty of movies out there about race that you could attach songs with racial messaging to, but this one was unnecessary. I don't even think Spirit is a racial song, people just seem to think it is because of who sings it and how it's framed. No other race adds racial pride when they make a movie set on any other continent. It's just that there's any excuse for it when it involves Africa and black people these days. That's what makes it political, although "social commentary" was more what I was going for. Putting in racial messages when race is such a hot button issue right now is automatically making it political, though. Why couldn't Beyonce just do all this without attaching TLK's name onto it? Because she wanted the extra promo and money that would come out of that connection, I guess. So much for authenticity. Basically, there's no need to take it all so seriously. Just have the fun of doing voice acting in an animated kids movie, don't try to make it out to be more than it actually is.

Didymus

Omg you guys :lmao:

Her hair is red because it's supposed to resemble a lion's mane :rip: In the movie these are red. It's not a ****ing reference to Ariel :smh: 

Edit: Could be wrong :emma:

lego
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Omg you guys :lmao:

Her hair is red because it's supposed to resemble a lion's mane :rip: In the movie these are red. It's not a ****ing reference to Ariel :smh: 

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/04/people-reckon-beyonce-was-behind-halle-baileys-casting-as-ariel-in-the-little-mermaid-10113084/

“For those who don’t know, Halle and her sister Chloe shot to stardom after they were discovered by Beyonce on YouTube, who then signed them up to her Parkwood Entertainment record label.” 

FreePalestine

10 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

You've kinda shoehorned it in when it's animation, though. There are plenty of movies out there about race that you could attach songs with racial messaging to, but this one was unnecessary. I don't even think Spirit is a racial song, people just seem to think it is because of who sings it and how it's framed. No other race adds racial pride when they make a movie set on any other continent. It's just that there's any excuse for it when it involves Africa and black people these days. That's what makes it political, although "social commentary" was more what I was going for. Putting in racial messages when race is such a hot button issue right now is automatically making it political, though. Why couldn't Beyonce just do all this without attaching TLK's name onto it? Because she wanted the extra promo and money that would come out of that connection, I guess. So much for authenticity. Basically, there's no need to take it all so seriously. Just have the fun of doing voice acting in an animated kids movie, don't try to make it out to be more than it actually is.

The movie is about Africa, so when a black woman does a Music Video about it, its normal to embrace the human side of African culture. She will not dress as a lion or a American woman or it would be weird. I am not a leftist and I hate when celebrities bring politics and race into everything and politicize things but I do not see this here at all. And yes other races do the same thing like in Mulan and pocahontas.

Didymus
Just now, lego said:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/04/people-reckon-beyonce-was-behind-halle-baileys-casting-as-ariel-in-the-little-mermaid-10113084/

“For those who don’t know, Halle and her sister Chloe shot to stardom after they were discovered by Beyonce on YouTube, who then signed them up to her Parkwood Entertainment record label.”  

But... why? :rip: I don't know. It just seems more logical that she was referencing the red lion manes in the original Disney classic :oprah:

I could be wrong, I guess, I didn't know there was a Beyoncé/Halle link. Thanks for sharing.

lego
Just now, Faysalaaa said:

The movie is about Africa, so when a black woman does a Music Video about it, its normal to embrace the human side of African culture. She will not dress as a lion or a American woman or it would be weird. I am not a leftist and I hate when celebrities bring politics and race into everything but I do not see this here at all. And yes other races do the same thing like in Mulan and pocahontas.

I think someone has a problem we don’t have a “white pride” songs in animated movies with white princesses. :toofunny: 

FreePalestine

lego
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

But... why? :rip: I don't know. It just seems more logical that she was referencing the red lion manes in the original Disney classic :oprah:

I could be wrong, I guess, I didn't know there was a Beyoncé/Halle link. Thanks for sharing.

Idk but it’s possible. I just found out this recently as well. 

FreePalestine

StrawberryBlond
5 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

The movie is about Africa, so when a black woman does a Music Video about it, its normal to embrace the human side of African culture. She will not dress as a lion or a American woman or it would be weird. I am not a leftist and I hate when celebrities bring politics and race into everything but I do not see this here at all. And yes other races do the same thing like in Mulan and pocahontas.

It isn't about Africa, it's a re-telling of Shakespeare's Hamlet for children, starring talking animals that just so happens to be set in Africa. That's it, no human element there. I'm not asking her to dress in any particular way, I expected this video to consist of 100% movie footage. I don't like when singers do songs for films where they feature in them, it's just ego-stroking and looks awkward. To cut away to live action footage is one thing but from humans to animated CGI occasionally looks weird. And when did Mulan and Pocahontas do the same thing. Mulan's Reflection song was sung by Xtina, a white Hispanic woman despite it being about a Chinese woman and Pocahontas's Colors of the Wind was sung by Vanessa Williams, a black woman despite it being about a Native American woman. There was also no racial empowerment accompanying album that came along with the official soundtrack so I don't know what you're going on about here. Beyonce has taken TLK story and made it all about her in this case, that's what I do not like. She's got more than enough clout to put out a racially based album without attaching her name to another property to make it sell.

3 minutes ago, lego said:

I think someone has a problem we don’t have a “white pride” songs in animated movies with white princesses. :toofunny: 

I have no desire to have a white pride movement. Another example of how you don't know me and just envision what you want to see and believe I'm like. I don't know what kind of cave dwelling cretin you think I am but I think it should be obvious that I think whites are already more than catered for. Give me some credit here! Just because I sometimes (note "sometimes" as in, sometimes it is necessary) think racial messages are unnecessary doesn't mean I think no race should ever talk about problems they face, ever, at any time. It's just about choosing the right time and place. This just wasn't the time or place.

Archived