new video

Beyoncé- Spirit MV

Borislshere

Featured Posts

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ziggy

The desert scenes remind me of PYNK's video a little bit especially with the color correction pink. Definitely not a rip-off and if you're going to pull inspiration that's a great video to do it from. This actually made me like the song a bit more. It's still kind of eh to me, but the visual helps.

doppelganger
4 hours ago, Ziggy said:

The desert scenes remind me of PYNK's video a little bit especially with the color correction pink. Definitely not a rip-off and if you're going to pull inspiration that's a great video to do it from. This actually made me like the song a bit more. It's still kind of eh to me, but the visual helps.

kind of reminds me of this:

Chromatic ensemble, desert mise en scene. I do like the both videos! 

Magneto

I swear; this woman does not play (or age)! Visuals and choreo on point! The song is lowkey a snooze fest, but that's usually the case with these feel good movie songs imo

Free my mind

Miel

Okay, Miss B always giving us incredible visuals as of late!

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
50 minutes ago, doppelganger said:

kind of reminds me of this:

Chromatic ensemble, desert mise en scene. I do like the both videos! 

Honestly, the videos for this and Don't Touch My Hair are absolutely incredible. Has Solange directed a video for Bey yet? She definitely should!

3 points in and ready for more

Govhooka

Dull and boring song. I don't see why it's getting all this Oscar buzz. I hope the Oscars look past it n give it to a more deserving song. I feel like people is only praising this song because it's Beyoncé. 

StrawberryBlond

I really don't think she needed to make a song from a remake of a Disney film all about her and a black empowerment message. It's like, calm down, it's a kid's movie about talking animals, no need to insert egotism or political commentary where it doesn't belong. She should stick to doing that kinda thing on her own work if that's what she wants but to infiltrate onto Disney properties with it is just embarrassing.

Didymus
10 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I really don't think she needed to make a song from a remake of a Disney film all about her and a black empowerment message. It's like, calm down, it's a kid's movie about talking animals, no need to insert egotism or political commentary where it doesn't belong. She should stick to doing that kinda thing on her own work if that's what she wants but to infiltrate onto Disney properties with it is just embarrassing. 

Agreed. The Lion King sells itself, I hate to see her try to smear her face on it :awkney: I mean, it will never work because people genuinely and legitimately won't care, but it frustrates me that she didn't realize this herself :air:

TheBatman

Gorgeous, song is growing on me, prolly not gonna be blasting on repeat but as always she sounds glorious. Love the colorful video and the simple but effective choreogrpahy. One of those videos that makes me like the song a lot more.

StrawberryBlond
19 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

That ignore button does wonders. 

Was that directed at me? Whether it was or wasn't, we have every right to post our opinions, even if you don't like them.

10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Agreed. The Lion King sells itself, I hate to see her try to smear her face on it :awkney: I mean, it will never work because people genuinely and legitimately won't care, but it frustrates me that she didn't realize this herself :air:

I thought it would just be footage from the movie. I really don't like "cutaway" videos like this when singers do a soundtrack and make it a plug for themselves personally. They think if they aren't in it, then it can't be regarded as "their" song or something. It can make the video so clunky and awkward and to go from humans to CGI animated animals occasionally looks very strange. Beyonce likes to use any excuse for personal promotion these days, I'm not surprised she was indulged like this. I'd understand it better if she was playing a lead role but Nala isn't even one of the first names mentioned in casting list, so she's clearly getting all this special treatment and attention just because of who she is. Considering Childish Gambino's the lead of Simba, if anything, he should be the one singing the majority of songs and curating soundtracks, right?

Borislshere
12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I think this is the first time I’ve ever not agreed with you on something :triggered:

the day had to come :bradley:

Archived