💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Beyoncé- Spirit MV

Borislshere

Featured Posts

Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

It isn't about Africa, it's a re-telling of Shakespeare's Hamlet for children, starring talking animals that just so happens to be set in Africa. That's it, no human element there. I'm not asking her to dress in any particular way, I expected this video to consist of 100% movie footage. I don't like when singers do songs for films where they feature in them, it's just ego-stroking and looks awkward. To cut away to live action footage is one thing but from humans to animated CGI occasionally looks weird. And when did Mulan and Pocahontas do the same thing. Mulan's Reflection song was sung by Xtina, a white Hispanic woman despite it being about a Chinese woman and Pocahontas's Colors of the Wind was sung by Vanessa Williams, a black woman despite it being about a Native American woman. There was also no racial empowerment accompanying album that came along with the official soundtrack so I don't know what you're going on about here. Beyonce has taken TLK story and made it all about her in this case, that's what I do not like. She's got more than enough clout to put out a racially based album without attaching her name to another property to make it sell.

Yes its about animals who happen to be in Africa which means its about Africa. Yes there is no human element add to the movie, but Beyonce making a Music Video is the human element add. The theme is African, so she will use African culture related to humans to fit the theme. The video wont be 100% movie footage almost no soundtrack music videos do that. Again, Beyonce did not insert race or politics, she was just playing by the theme of the movie and it is what I expected from anyone doing this music video.

If she used The Lion King to make it about Black Lives Matter and cops or Black minorities in America, I would agree with you but that is not what she did.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
2 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Yes its about animals who happen to be in Africa which means its about Africa. Yes there is no human element add to the movie, but Beyonce making a Music Video is the human element add. The theme is African, so she will use African culture related to humans to fit the theme. The video wont be 100% movie footage almost no soundtrack music videos do that. Again, Beyonce did not insert race or politics, she was just playing by the theme of the movie and it is what I expected from anyone doing this music video.

If she used The Lion King to make it about Black Lives Matter and cops or Black minorities in America, I would agree with you but that is not what she did.

I haven't heard anyone say the same thing about an animal movie set anywhere else. There's no human element in the movie, therefore, there doesn't need to be an outside human element. She may not be making it about the last few things you described but we all know she supports those things so that's what she'll hope people will make the association with. Can't we just watch a remake of an old movie without being fed unnecessary side orders of political/social messaging?

1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I haven't heard anyone say the same thing about an animal movie set anywhere else. There's no human element in the movie, therefore, there doesn't need to be an outside human element. She may not be making it about the last few things you described but we all know she supports those things so that's what she'll hope people will make the association with. Can't we just watch a remake of an old movie without being fed unnecessary side orders of political/social messaging?

I disagree there is any political/social messaging but I guess I already made my point and explained.

ZiggyZiggs
7 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I was thinking more along the lines of "if this is supposed to be a video about black women accepting their natural beauty, why have they dyed their hair a colour that they can't naturally have?" I don't understand many elements of this so-called black empowerment movement when they make contradictory moves like this. Though I will say that at least Beyonce isn't blonde anymore. I don't get how she could be all about standing up for the look of a natural black woman while sporting unnatural dyed blonde (usually straightened) hair and just let her dancers be natural.

Sis u stan Gaga who has naturally dark hair so????

“so called black empowerment movement”

do you HEAR yourself sometimes? Like when you speak? 
You’re a weirdo my GOD, you might not think it yourself sweetie but the things you say are very anti-Black women you need to STOP

Harry

The music in the original Lion King movies was heavily influenced by African music. Circle Of Life? Hello? The very opening of the movie literally opens with passages sung in Zulu. This is not something new that Beyoncé is “shoehorning” into TLK and I don’t know why you’re pretending that it is. If anything she is just continuing the African appreciation but in a modern setting. I think @StrawberryBlond, as always, is uncomfortable with seeing a powerful black woman be so openly and proudly black. There is always a problem to be had. Isn’t there, Rachel? Take a look at yourself, honestly. 

StrawberryBlond
16 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

Sis u stan Gaga who has naturally dark hair so????

“so called black empowerment movement”

do you HEAR yourself sometimes? Like when you speak? 
You’re a weirdo my GOD, you might not think it yourself sweetie but the things you say are very anti-Black women you need to STOP

Gaga isn't going around saying that she champions natural beauty, though nor staying artificial while everyone she associates with stays natural.

I already told lego that "so-called black empowerment" was meant sardonically/cynically, which I thought was clear. I'm saying that for a black empowerment movement, it sure seems to contradict itself and give out mixed messages sometimes, supporting behaviours that are actually harmful for the black community and holding them up as positive. I can see this as a white person, so I'd just like to raise some valid questions that might help.

Calling me weird is really hurtful at this point, it amounts to bullying. On a Gaga site, you're getting a rise out of calling someone weird and ganging up on them? Really? And you'll actually find I'm a huge supporter of black women as my reply under this shows...

8 hours ago, Harry said:

The music in the original Lion King movies was heavily influenced by African music. Circle Of Life? Hello? The very opening of the movie literally opens with passages sung in Zulu. This is not something new that Beyoncé is “shoehorning” into TLK and I don’t know why you’re pretending that it is. If anything she is just continuing the African appreciation but in a modern setting. I think @StrawberryBlond, as always, is uncomfortable with seeing a powerful black woman be so openly and proudly black. There is always a problem to be had. Isn’t there, Rachel? Take a look at yourself, honestly. 

Of course the original music is influenced by traditional African music and it should stay that way. We don't need new songs added to what is already perfect, particularly ones that focus too much on trying to be modern and human. Songs like Circle Of Life spoke to about any living thing, The Gift soundtrack is trying to modernise and personalise the same idea for a black experience which isn't what the original movie was all about. The original is timeless, this album idea is too current and will look dated in years to come. TLK is meant to be for everyone, to make it about race makes something really inclusive be a lot more exclusive. And where do you get the idea that I'm not supportive of black women? Have you never heard how much I'm a fan of Lil Kim? Missy Elliott? Emeli Sande? Cardi B? (going to try to get into the music of Billie Holiday and Nina Simone as well)? If you'd actually spent time getting to know me, you'd find this stuff out. And yes, there's even a lot of Beyonce songs I like, albeit not all of them in one album. I have no problem with women being proud to be themselves, I encourage it. Just because there's the occasional black woman that I dislike for many valid reasons, that means I have a problem with women being unapologetically black? More like I work out who I like on a case-by-case basis, not caring a jot about what they look like, I wouldn't be that superficial. Just for once, always think that there could be another reason for disliking someone that has nothing to do with being bigoted.

I don't think there is anything wrong to bring politics in a subtle way. I think she did that here. It's subtle. Most people won't notice it or care. But if you look deeper you see it. I applaud that.

Archived