Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry - “Harleys in Hawaii” coming soon

Kimmo

Featured Posts

i’m trying to imagine what this song could be about but i can already picture it being cringe :giveup: i love katy so much so i hope it’s a bop and she makes a comeback... but ughhh she hasn’t been serving 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prismatic Light
1 hour ago, Hoss said:

i’m trying to imagine what this song could be about but i can already picture it being cringe :giveup: i love katy so much so i hope it’s a bop and she makes a comeback... but ughhh she hasn’t been serving 

Not people judging a song before it's even out yet :excuseu:

Also, even if small talk was cute but disappointing for everyone, 365 was good and praised for its video, and NRO was THAT bitch, great colorful video with a story and the single praised by literally everyone :firega:so I think she's served enough, let's just wait before judging Harleys in Hawaii :party:

Be kind 🧡

iThinkHeKnows

I saw somebody describing a clip from the music video, and saying that the song would be released on the 27th? I strongly doubt this, but who knows? And I'm not surprised she's moving on from Small Talk already. That song has been dead since Day 1. And it barely peaked within the top 40 on Pop, at number 35. I don't get what the point was of spreading everything out for this song?

The song was released on August 9.

The vertical video was released on August 16.

The song was serviced to radio on August 20.

The music video was released on August 30.

Like?? What was the point of having the music video release THREE WEEKS AFTER THE SONG WAS RELEASED? And it made no sense to delay servicing it to radio, unless they wanted to test out the song through streaming and sales which they clearly didn't do because it was out of the iTunes Top 100 in the US within a week and it was sent anyways.

huttont
On 7/16/2019 at 8:50 PM, Edonis said:

Omg why does this title remind me of those Magic Tree house books I read as a kid :duck:

Ahhh I was coming to say this

Queen Artpop

Her problem is releasing really bad music, nothing else. This sounds like a G.U.Y. sized flop, too, so I wouldn't expect much. Katy really needs to figure herself out and what she wants to do - this stuff just feels directionless and/or boring.

Luna Lovegood
2 hours ago, iThinkHeKnows said:

I saw somebody describing a clip from the music video, and saying that the song would be released on the 27th? I strongly doubt this, but who knows? And I'm not surprised she's moving on from Small Talk already. That song has been dead since Day 1. And it barely peaked within the top 40 on Pop, at number 35. I don't get what the point was of spreading everything out for this song?

Like?? What was the point of having the music video release THREE WEEKS AFTER THE SONG WAS RELEASED? And it made no sense to delay servicing it to radio, unless they wanted to test out the song through streaming and sales which they clearly didn't do because it was out of the iTunes Top 100 in the US within a week and it was sent anyways.

This is something like Gaga would do for her LG6 lead lmao. Single drops on week 1, MV out on week 4 :messga:

luna’s advocate

Prismatic Light
12 hours ago, iThinkHeKnows said:

THIS. A lot of people are sure she's gonna release it at the end of September, HIH video was ready in July already, why did they wait to release it and take small talk out of nowhere instead? :saladga: they literally released an album cut as a single and planning to release a summer song like HIH in fall? Are they even ok? They knew they were going to make Katy flop, they just wanted it and its deserved:madge:

Also, small talk launch strategy was the biggest self-boycotting in the universe. Who the hell would do that? It also sounds like a winter song, and still decided  to release in August, what's wrong with her? :air:

Be kind 🧡

Venusoflove
2 hours ago, Prismatic Monster said:

THIS. A lot of people are sure she's gonna release it at the end of September, HIH video was ready in July already, why did they wait to release it and take small talk out of nowhere instead? :saladga: they literally released an album cut as a single and planning to release a summer song like HIH in fall? Are they even ok? They knew they were going to make Katy flop, they just wanted it and its deserved:madge:

Also, small talk launch strategy was the biggest self-boycotting in the universe. Who the hell would do that? It also sounds like a winter song, and still decided  to release in August, what's wrong with her? :air:

Also, @Venusoflovedon't know what about my post made you so sad and pressed to even SAD it, maybe the fact I told someone not to judge a song without even listening to it? Or just beacuse I love Katy's music and tried to defend her from ignorant comments? Seems a passive-aggressive reaction to me but maybe I'm wrong :oops: I'd like to know it :ladyhaha:

I reacted sad to the fact people are judging without hearing it. Im new to this site and thought thats how we used these? Your the sad one for insulting someone you dont even know just to defend someone who doesnt know you exist:interestinga:

Prismatic Light
19 minutes ago, Venusoflove said:

I reacted sad to the fact people are judging without hearing it. Im new to this site and thought thats how we used these? Your the sad one for insulting someone you dont even know just to defend someone who doesnt know you exist:interestinga:

SIS what, I didn't mean to offend I was genuinely asking but omg I really thought yours was a mean reaction and I felt attacked, I'm so insecure and impulsive.. :air:

It didn't make sense to me so I thought you were one of these who use sad and lmao as passive-aggressive reactions just to bashing down other opinions (they do It a lot and I already received some for doing that so...) I'm so sorry if you felt offended and you just wanted to react in a good way:icega: I thought it was one of those haters who use sad and lmao to laugh of other people opinions and trust me lot of people here do that especially with Katy and as a katycat I try not get caught off guard. In this case you answered me the best way I think so thank you and sorry ;-; I'll delete my post:hug:have a nice day and sorry 

Be kind 🧡

Inferno
On 7/16/2019 at 8:19 PM, Holyshamoley said:

Well what you like doesn’t set the standard for what’s “better” or “worse”. The song is seriously a breath of fresh air 2000s pop anthem. It’s bop as ****

It just sounds like a Carly Rae Jepsen/Taylor Swift type knock off, which already sounds like washed out 80s pop made boring by Jack Antonoffs usual snoozefest style.

Inferno
On 7/16/2019 at 6:15 PM, Gardevoir said:

Sounds like an unreleased song from Lana Del Rey’s Lizzy Grant era :emma:

Katy Perry: Debutante of the Petrol Station

Venusoflove
31 minutes ago, Prismatic Monster said:

SIS what, I didn't mean to offend I was genuinely asking but omg I really thought yours was a mean reaction and I felt attacked, I'm so insecure and impulsive.. :air:

It didn't make sense to me so I thought you were one of these who use sad and lmao as passive-aggressive reactions just to bashing down other opinions (they do It a lot and I already received some for doing that so...) I'm so sorry if you felt offended and you just wanted to react in a good way:icega: I thought it was one of those haters who use sad and lmao to laugh of other people opinions and trust me lot of people here do that especially with Katy and as a katycat I try not get caught off guard. In this case you answered me the best way I think so thank you and sorry ;-; I'll delete my post:hug:have a nice day and sorry 

Oh its no problem! Im sorry i took it personally as well.  No worries :hug:

Prismatic Light
1 minute ago, Venusoflove said:

Oh its no problem! Im sorry i took it personally as well.  No worries :hug:

No problem! And still thanks :hug:

Be kind 🧡

Archived