💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga Should Drop Her Beauty Brand Before It's Too Late

The13thNote

Featured Posts

The13thNote

Please hear me out as I'm sure I am going to come under fire for this opinion. Before I say this, I do not think Haus Laboratories should end. It's this specific beauty launch that I think could severely damage not just itself but the image Gaga has worked so hard to rebuild for the past 6 years. 

Here's why: 

1. The brand is boring and forgettable.

Nothing about this beauty brand screams new or innovative. When HL released Fame (the fragrance) and it was launched, it was unique because it was the first black eau de parfume to exist and had a stunning look and an incredible rollout. 

This beauty brand's most innovative concept is the fact that it has a liquid makeup that turns to powder. That's not really something that makes it exactly ahead of the game. No one cares. The colors are also kind of something you would already expect and you could get anywhere else. This is Lady Gaga. People had high expectations for something new to match her personality. It doesn't really stir the soul. 

2. The packaging looks cheap and basic.

When Fame debuted it felt high quality. I don't know what HL thought when choosing this packaging, but the bag looks like something you could get at Walmart. The font is basic. And the casing for the actual makeup has already been compared to other makeup lines that already exist. Again, forgettable. 

3. We are not living for an Amazonian Queen. 

Not only are there policy problems already. But Amazon treats their employees like ****. Not very Gaga of Gaga. 

There is also the fact many countries just don't get Amazon. So they literally can't buy the product. I saw several people already mad they can't go to Vegas. Now they can't buy her products? She is beginning to alienate herself with this corporate fluff. 

And let's not forget how this kind of makes it look less like a "start-up" as Gaga wants us to believe, and more like a planned cash grab. This is another thing that many are already saying lowers the brands quality and image. 

4. The beauty community is already eye-rolling her eye-liner. 

Many of the videos I watched are actually not hating on Gaga. It is actually the opposite. Most people are saying they aren't dissapointed in the product so much as the fact that it is what Lady Gaga is offering. Again, the expectation is there for Gaga to deliver if she is going to deliver. 

5. The applause just isn't there. 

When Rihanna and Kylie and others announced beauty projects it became viral events. The video for HL has been up for several days now and still hasn't broke 1 million views. In terms of hype, it just seems like people don't care. 

Lastly, it's not that this product won't be great quality. If it isn't...this will be buried with ARTPOP Act 2 and the Telephone sequel. But even if it is, I feel like this product already has a really bland mixed reaction and the timing feels incredibly off. 

The only hope is that the quality happens to be amazing and youtubers see that and start taking back what they said come September. If that doesn't happen, I think Gaga should let her lip liner not be the only thing she names "RIP". 

Your thoughts below. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theahsfan

I think it'll be a success because it's Lady Gaga. But I agree, it seems boring for a Gaga make up line. But also Haus Labs isn't exactly Crazy Gaga Beauty!  Gaga can make casual make up too.  

theahsfan

And it's not a "money grabbing" thing, it's the case of if you're famous and you have the opportunity to start a line in whatever and release your creations into the world, why the hell not?

who cares about makeup brands anyway.... lets be really honest

The13thNote
Just now, theahsfan said:

I think it'll be a success because it's Lady Gaga. But I agree, it seems boring for a Gaga make up line. But also Haus Labs isn't exactly Crazy Gaga Beauty!  Gaga can make casual make up too.  

I get thaf. But start with what people want from you. They expect innovation as her strong selling point and it's just not there. 

The same way she came in with a bang with her first album and eased into later projects like Joanne is the same way she should be treating her makeup. 

This beauty brand debut is her opening with the Joanne era of her makeup. Just keeping it real. :sure:

moonboywow

Someone please end this. Let the bitch do as she pleases. Who cares if it is a cash grab? Who cares if it's not one? Literally go find new music to listen to if you're so bored. I've found the beauty of lofi music. Lofi krnb and khiphop too. 

SHALLOW

Gaga is braver than this :huntyga:

Also, the liquid powder is pretty innovative and the packaging looks cool. Those are just your cheap opinions sis

The13thNote
1 minute ago, theahsfan said:

And it's not a "money grabbing" thing, it's the case of if you're famous and you have the opportunity to start a line in whatever and release your creations into the world, why the hell not?

Yah so why didn't she use her clout like Rihanna and Kylie did and just sell it through her own website? 

Why tf make it an Amazon exclusive? It's like signing a record deal with a bad label, getting mad you can be artistic, when you could have just released your own music. 

It doesn't mean she does want it for the money, but the general consumer that isn't on GGD will look at it that way. 

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, The13thNote said:

Yah so why didn't she use her clout like Rihanna and Kylie did and just sell it through her own website? 

Why tf make it an Amazon exclusive? It's like signing a record deal with a bad label, getting mad you can be artistic, when you could have just released your own music. 

It doesn't mean she does want it for the money, but the general consumer that isn't on GGD will look at it that way. 

Amazon let her do it the way she wanted it. That’s why she chose it. You probably didn’t even read the interviews

pedrohemg

I didn't know those claims against Amazon. I always considered (and still do) them the best company in the world. Once I bought a Harry Potter box on amazon.co.uk (I live in Brazil). I didn't like the quality of the cover (paperback) so I decided to return it. Since the shipping cost was too expensive, they refunded me and let me keep the books.

moonboywow
5 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Her residency too :lolly:

I would rather have her do the residency so she doesn't have to cancel yet another tour.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived