Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Harry Styles to play prince Eric in “The Little Mermaid”

Regina George

Featured Posts

uo111
Just now, ReginaGeorge said:

Because it would look like Disney is trying to be inclusive by making decisions that are really looking like a try hard. Why do you just assume I’m racist? Casting Asian actor to play Eric would honestly look like they are just trying too hard to please every single person in the world and believe me people notice that kind of stuff and it backfires in many cases. It’s funny to me how you come in here calling me a racist without even considering what I wanted to say. Says a lot about you as a person. Also I’d take this reply seriously if you didn’t already quote me many times trying to drag me or to blame me for something. Just chill and try ti understand what I wanted to say without making assumptions that are far from the truth. 

I didn't call you racist.

But that reason on the other hand is pretty racist.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sugar Baby

this new Ariel movie is gonna be a reductive version of the original

a mess already :interestinga:

Regina George
18 minutes ago, uo111 said:

I didn't call you racist.

But that reason on the other hand is pretty racist.

Explain how is it racist? :diane:

uo111
1 hour ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Explain how is it racist? :diane:

Because in order for it to be true it assumes,

1) White is the default and any straying from white exists only as pandering

2) A POC acting is a novelty that only happens because of "inclusivity" and never because they are the best fit/most talented

Regina George
19 minutes ago, uo111 said:

Because in order for it to be true it assumes,

1) White is the default and any straying from white exists only as pandering

2) A POC acting is a novelty that only happens because of "inclusivity" and never because they are the best fit/most talented

Yea.. you totally misunderstood what I said.. But that’s okay! Love :heart:

Panchecco
14 hours ago, ReRe said:

Good. 

The role has always been written and intended for a drag queen anyway, not a cisgendered white woman. 

Disney would have never put an actual drag queen in one of their movies and belive it or not but Gaga has always been a drag queen so she actually would have been perfect for the role

plus, she is actually a singer and loves musical theatre, it's basically written for her. 

Danjajr
12 hours ago, moonboywow said:

Well I am disappointed and will not see the movie. Harry styles? Really? Boo. Eye roll. Henry deserved it way more. He even looks more like Eric than harry does. 

I'm Asian and  I'm calling your choices are such bullshihtery or either you're a troll

moonboywow
3 hours ago, Danjajr said:

I'm Asian and  I'm calling your choices are such bullshihtery or either you're a troll

Um no?

StrawberryBlond

Wow, really not going wild for the casting on this one. While Harry isn't the worst choice, he would never even be a contender in my mind, however, it's clear the creators want this to be a very age appropriate romance. It's obvious that in the movie, Eric was quite a bit older than Ariel, who was only 16. While his age is never confirmed, he has a very mature appearance that puts him around 25 at least, if you try to imagine he's real. That age gap would be very controversial, you simply can't have a very young actress portraying a teenager hooking up with a much older actor just because he looks like the character. But are there seriously no teenage actors with dark hair they could have cast instead? If they can cast a virtual unknown like Halle, why not do the same for Eric? Just a bit put out that they're making it so focused on tweens with these casts thus far.

JohnnyVersace
4 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Wow, really not going wild for the casting on this one. While Harry isn't the worst choice, he would never even be a contender in my mind, however, it's clear the creators want this to be a very age appropriate romance. It's obvious that in the movie, Eric was quite a bit older than Ariel, who was only 16. While his age is never confirmed, he has a very mature appearance that puts him around 25 at least, if you try to imagine he's real. That age gap would be very controversial, you simply can't have a very young actress portraying a teenager hooking up with a much older actor just because he looks like the character. But are there seriously no teenage actors with dark hair they could have cast instead? If they can cast a virtual unknown like Halle, why not do the same for Eric? Just a bit put out that they're making it so focused on tweens with these casts thus far.

Halle's fans are very young, mostly tween/teenage. 

Harry's fans are now approaching or in their 20's. 

Melissa McCarthy appeals to more adult viewers. 

...they're literally trying to appeal to as many age groups as possible to maximize box office sales. 

Morphine Prince

But he’s not Danish and doesn’t have black hair. Where is the outrage? 

Oh wait, he’s white so there is no outrage. 

illySpencer

It's like i'm seeing the movie turn into a Riverdale remake. God, please help us ! 

Archived