Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Harry Styles to play prince Eric in “The Little Mermaid”

Regina George

Featured Posts

Regina George
6 minutes ago, moonboywow said:

Plus he is fluent in English. But some of y'all just see kpop idol and shut down because you don't understand. 

Why the hell would you think a kpop idol is better option than Harry Styles? You need to chill honestly! 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PaulR2345
3 hours ago, Runway said:

I thought they would give it to a POC smh. I was told this would be set in the caribbean or smth

1. No one confirmed it was in the Caribbean 

2. There are white people in the Caribbean... :oprah: Irish slavery is the reason we have Rihanna 

Craven Moorecox

Not my prince Eric. My prince Eric has muscles! My childhood is ruined!! 

Spock

This movie gets more TRAGIC by the day

ew ew ew ew

who will love me when the night is over

PaulR2345
1 hour ago, moonboywow said:

Well I am disappointed and will not see the movie. Harry styles? Really? Boo. Eye roll. Henry deserved it way more. He even looks more like Eric than harry does. 

Neither of them look like Eric... and why does Henry “deserve it way more”... anyway Harry has the blue eyes, Henry has the black hair. 

moonboywow
4 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Why the hell would you think a kpop idol is better option than Harry Styles? You need to chill honestly! 

He is fluent in English and he studied acting. 

Regina George
4 minutes ago, moonboywow said:

He is fluent in English and he studied acting. 

But why did you think they’d cast asian actor to play this role? I honestly don’t understand. Sorry but I honestly don’t understand why you’re disappointed when you knew damn well that they won’t cast him.. 

moonboywow
1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

But why did you think they’d cast asian actor to play this role? I honestly don’t understand. Sorry but I honestly don’t understand why you’re disappointed when you knew damn well that they won’t cast him.. 

My naive ass hoped for more diversity. Looks like this movie will have literally one POC. So cool. Not watching. They ain't taking my money this time. 

weed
29 minutes ago, moonboywow said:

My naive ass hoped for more diversity. Looks like this movie will have literally one POC. So cool. Not watching. They ain't taking my money this time. 

It's not like they'll have a black Ariel with 2 white parents, her family will most likely be POC

Regina George
42 minutes ago, moonboywow said:

Her family will be black and also Ariel is literally the lead of this movie so that is a huge role and a huge representation chance. Casting Asian actor would be just too messy and too try hard honestly. 

Borislshere
48 minutes ago, moonboywow said:

Ariel’s family+ Awkwafina will reportedly  be playing scuttle 

https://geeksofcolor.co/2019/07/01/awkwafina-reportedly-in-talks-to-voice-scuttle-in-disneys-live-action-the-little-mermaid/amp/

uo111
30 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Her family will be black and also Ariel is literally the lead of this movie so that is a huge role and a huge representation chance. Casting Asian actor would be just too messy and too try hard honestly. 

Can you give a single non-racist reason why casting an Asian actor would be "just too messy and too try hard"?

Regina George
Just now, uo111 said:

Can you give a single non-racist reason why casting an Asian actor would be "just too messy and too try hard"?

Because it would look like Disney is trying to be inclusive by making decisions that are really looking like a try hard. Why do you just assume I’m racist? Casting Asian actor to play Eric would honestly look like they are just trying too hard to please every single person in the world and believe me people notice that kind of stuff and it backfires in many cases. It’s funny to me how you come in here calling me a racist without even considering what I wanted to say. Says a lot about you as a person. Also I’d take this reply seriously if you didn’t already quote me many times trying to drag me or to blame me for something. Just chill and try ti understand what I wanted to say without making assumptions that are far from the truth. 

Archived