💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

The Lion King: The Gift tracklist revealed

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

gypsy101
7 hours ago, River said:

and who are you tell me that my criticism is invalid? oh right, it's your opinion, so as much as you can state it, I can do it too.

So just stop, you're the prefect example of the toxic stan culture.

we, the fans of TLK have much more to say about the tracklist, the features and the music (when we'll hear that) of this album and you BeyHives needs to accept it and stop with your toxic behavior, it's just music, so relax.

when did i ever say i was BeyHive? i’m a lifelong fan of hers since her career began but that doesn’t make me BeyHive

i’m also a lifelong fan of the lion king so i don’t know why you think i shouldn’t have an opinion on the tracklist lmao

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Ok, I know Beyonce was behind all this so of course she was going to feature but I didn't think that meant 10 out of 14 songs. This is clearly a vanity project for her. If she wanted to do this, she shouldn't have attached TLK name to it. It's so obvious it's just another way for her and her close friends to get some extra money, it's not done out of the love for the film or anything deep like that. "Accompanying" soundtracks really annoy me for this reason. "Inspired by the movie," yeah right, inspired by greed, more like. To use the promotional tactic of saying it's another African empowerment anthem is quite laughable when it's for a Disney movie about talking animals. It doesn't matter where TLK's set, it's about the story and the messages not about the setting or the race of the voice actors. Animals don't have races, don't use that as a smokescreen for an excuse for more political racial messages. If you want to do that, do it as part of an independent project, not a kids movie. To take it this seriously is really ill-advised and I don't see it doing well. There's been too many big soundtracks in the last few years (La La Land, Greatest Showman, Black Panther, ASIB) plus Frozen 2 will be out later this year and I think this TLK's going to fade into the background, especially when you take the reviews of the actual movie into account as well.

Borislshere
5 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It doesn'tï»żï»żï»żï»żï»żï»ż matter where TLK's set, it's about the story anï»żd the messages not about the setting or the race of the voice actors.

Wish you had this attitude when a black woman was cast as a mythological creature. 

StrawberryBlond
6 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Wish you had this attitude when a black woman was cast as a mythological creature. 

You've cleverly dodged and found a loophole there but you know I'm talking about something very different. Little Mermaid is going to be live action, played by humans, the lead looking nothing like the lead in the animated original. TLK is a CGI rendered movie about talking animals, which have no races so how the voice actors look is completely moot. So you've made a big false equivalency there. And you know I was talking about the unnecessary association with African culture and race even though the movie was nothing to do with those things. Notice how you were one of the original ones saying that race of the actors don't matter for Little Mermaid but suddenly, now that it's TLK, race is of paramount importance (even though it's a movie starring animals)? See what I mean about how different standards are applied for different races and how race can go from unimportant to important real fast?

And for what it's worth, I have no problem with actors of any race playing characters who have fictional races (the genie, Ursula, etc) or voicing animated characters, even if the races don't match. If Little Mermaid got another animated remake with a black girl voicing her, I'd be fine with it. I only have an issue when it involves visual representation and the actor doesn't look like the visual representation depicted in the original. For all races.

Ziggy
37 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Ok, I know Beyonce was behind all this so of course she was going to feature but I didn't think that meant 10 out of 14 songs. This is clearly a vanity project for her. If she wanted to do this, she shouldn't have attached TLK name to it. It's so obvious it's just another way for her and her close friends to get some extra money, it's not done out of the love for the film or anything deep like that. "Accompanying" soundtracks really annoy me for this reason. "Inspired by the movie," yeah right, inspired by greed, more like. To use the promotional tactic of saying it's another African empowerment anthem is quite laughable when it's for a Disney movie about talking animals. It doesn't matter where TLK's set, it's about the story and the messages not about the setting or the race of the voice actors. Animals don't have races, don't use that as a smokescreen for an excuse for more political racial messages. If you want to do that, do it as part of an independent project, not a kids movie. To take it this seriously is really ill-advised and I don't see it doing well. There's been too many big soundtracks in the last few years (La La Land, Greatest Showman, Black Panther, ASIB) plus Frozen 2 will be out later this year and I think this TLK's going to fade into the background, especially when you take the reviews of the actual movie into account as well.

Tbf I see this as less a BeyoncĂ© thing and more of a Disney thing. This album would happen regardless (especially after the BO soundtrack) and they just got Bey because she’s a big draw for streaming crowds. Personally I don’t mind as it’s a bit like “Bey is the central line connecting this album”. Yeah TLK should do that, but sonically they might be a bit disparate so having one sound be fairly consistent throughout (Beyoncé’s voice) might benefit the album. Who knows until we hear!?

Thomas P
On 7/16/2019 at 12:58 PM, River said:

Because it makes TLK a personal thing and it should have been an African party for the fans and for the black community and the fact that they are there is disturbing it, there are many rappers who could rap like Afrikan Boy for example and Ivy is not a singer, there are many black singers kids who could be on that track and get the exposure and the honor to be on something related to the movie.

But it’s not like it’s the soundtrack. It’s an album she made inspired by it. It’s essentially unrelated to the film and like a glorified BeyoncĂ© album. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived